Food and drink thread

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Bleep1673 said:

£625 for a meal for 5 celebs on tonight's "I'll Get This"? Who do they think they are kidding? I'm not watching that again  even if John Vegas is on.

Actually, if he is on.

I spent £850 on a meal in the West End of Larrrndarrn, for 4 of us, 15 years ago.

My corner shop has started selling these, so my lockdown nutritional needs are more or less met. Corn puffs like Cheesy Wotsits, but roast peanut flavoured.

81D7HJMHo5L._SL1500_.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Co-op have just introduced a new "limited edition" Katsu Curry flavour of crinkle-cut crisps. A lot of the time, crisp flavours are a bit unconvincing, but these are nice!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 14/04/2020 at 22:50, Bleep1673 said:

£625 for a meal for 5 celebs on tonight's "I'll Get This"? Who do they think they are kidding? I'm not watching that again  even if John Vegas is on.

Actually, if he is on.

I spent that for the two of us at Feenie's in Vancouver for my 25th wedding anniversary ?

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

Wise. Loads of vinegar presumably?

Im off to bed dreaming of a fish, chips, peas and scrap sarnie. Warburtons white. Can of pop. 

See... 99% of the time I eat poncey bread or bread I've baked myself.

BUT, I'm in total agreement here. With F&Cs its warburton's white....

I like mine with a pint o' tea.... again, not the time for poncey teas... twinnings everyday.

59 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Wise. Loads of vinegar presumably?

Im off to bed dreaming of a fish, chips, peas and scrap sarnie. Warburtons white. Can of pop. 

Malt vinegar or non-brewed condiment?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

56 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

See... 99% of the time I eat poncey bread or bread I've baked myself.

BUT, I'm in total agreement here. With F&Cs its warburton's white....

I like mine with a pint o' tea.... again, not the time for poncey teas... twinnings everyday.

There's a time and a place for granary, sourdough, ciabatta, whatever. But there are times when soft white is the only choice. I quite like Sheldon's oven bottom muffins (sold by Sainsbury's, and maybe other shops too), which aren't real muffins, but white bread rolls*. Soft, but sturdy enough to contain a juicy burger or a wodge of chips without falling apart.

*yes, yes, insert your own regional name here.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Chippy tea!!! Oh yeah baby!!!!???

My local chippie has started doing home delivery. So we had it on Saturday. I have posted here a picture of their haddock. It's white as snow and measures 17"" by 4".

We only have a cone of chips which is more than enough for the two of us. With a small mushy peas its a real treat. We ordered it for 6pm and it arrived on the dot.

We will be having it regularly on Saturday.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

We only have a cone of chips which is more than enough for the two of us.  We ordered it for 6pm and it arrived on the dot.

with the olympics cancelled and so many people out jogging I can see a novel idea here

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 28/04/2020 at 14:35, Robin Evans said:

Chippy tea!!! Oh yeah baby!!!!???

Over a foot of snow white haddock, delivered by my local chippie ( one that the Germans missed on 14 Nov 1940)

5B4CD77A-EF55-49A9-99E3-F2727100A801.jpeg

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow