Food and drink thread

I think when we went into Lockdown, I saw a Jamie Oliver did some quick cook meals, and he came in from some negative criticism on this thread, just watched it again, & he is spot on. Rubbish business man, good chef.

James "smug b*$tard" Martin is a pain in the a***, professional Yorkshireman who lives in Hampshire. Numpty.

29 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I think when we went into Lockdown, I saw a Jamie Oliver did some quick cook meals, and he came in from some negative criticism on this thread, just watched it again, & he is spot on. Rubbish business man, good chef.

I've never questioned his abilities as a chef, a cookbook writer or his campaigns to improve school food, and other causes.

Everything else about him, on the other hand, makes me want to punch him in the mouth.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I've never questioned his abilities as a chef, a cookbook writer or his campaigns to improve school food, and other causes.

Everything else about him, on the other hand, makes me want to punch him in the mouth.

Oh they just love the little sod here in Rovrum....??

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

James "smug b*$tard" Martin is a pain in the a***, professional Yorkshireman who lives in Hampshire. Numpty.

I like jimmy martin.... I'm not bothered where he lives....I could live in New Zealand and I'd still sound like I'm frum baaaarrrnsley. 

I like a lot of what jimmy martin does...

The memsahib salivates all unnecessarily when he's on telly.   

51 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

It turns out that if you buy lots of wine ........

.........  you get drunk and turn into a hoarding, lockdown loving lazy lefty. "As soon as my house closes, as soon as my house closes the revolution starts ..."

Tuna Nicoise tonight, absolute magic.

Edited by Oxford
  • Sad 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 07/05/2020 at 17:34, Bearman said:

00EB825C-17A0-4AE5-9104-AEA76F5B0484.jpeg

Howway, man!  'Stotty', Yorkshire?  I divvn't think so, bonny lad!  There again, that's not a stotty - too rounded on the top!

Chinese-style five spice pork shoulder, done in the slow cooker for five hours.

As George Formby might say, "turned out nice".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Don't suppose anyone has the hairy bikers recipe for salt beef they're happy share with me???

You were watching that too? Mouthwatering.

I don't see their recipe online, so I assume it'll be in a forthcoming book. But there are plenty of other recipes for salt/corned beef available and it seems simple enough, although the HBs' version didn't use the traditional saltpetre, which is the only ingredient you'd probably have to buy online. The only faff is the time necessary to brine the beef properly before cooking.

Here's one without saltpetre: https://www.growforagecookferment.com/how-to-make-corned-beef/ - American measurements can easily be converted online*, and where it says kosher salt, just use sea salt.

*remember, a "cup" means different things for liquids and solids (those crazy colonials!), but once you have a recipe that you like, you can make a note of it with the measurements you understand best. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Now that me and my wife have separated and Im in our old house which needs doing up Ive introduced country theme days every so often which includes recipes tourist attraction music etc. Weve done China USA Italy and France with tbe last two being the better two. However my 10 year old Geographical minded son has picked Kyrgyzstan ffs for Wednesday. Anyone happen to have a recipe to hand? ?? 

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

13 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Now that me and my wife have separated and Im in our old house which needs doing up Ive introduced country theme days every so often which includes recipes tourist attraction music etc. Weve done China USA Italy and France with tbe last two being the better two. However my 10 year old Geographical minded son has picked Kyrgyzstan ffs for Wednesday. Anyone happen to have a recipe to hand? ?? 

Never had Kyrgyz food, but a quick Google suggests lots of meat, potatoes and bread and not much spicing.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Several variations of this

Beetroot, Feta and Maple Walnut Winter Salad

most roast the beetroot but cliced thinly raw is just as good.

Edited by Oxford
  • Thanks 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought my first jar of Lotus Biscoff Crunchy Spread. It won't be the last!

SCY167.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson