Away shirt launch

Vic Johnson

I just wish more people would support it. It is not about whether you like the shirt design or quality. Last night was an opportunity to put any question you liked to players past and present, coaching staff and meet with the directors but the turnout was very poor.

I think those that did go had a good night and those that didn't really missed out.

(I am making a general comment here, not asking people to justify that they were working etc)

Anything I post is a personal opinion

How did people no there was opportunity to ask players etc questions? How did we no they was even attending? If I've missed it somewhere I appolise ovo.

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/2009/ima...UNCH-POSTER.jpg

Been on the website for nearly three weeks.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/2009/ima...UNCH-POSTER.jpg

Been on the website for nearly three weeks.

There were also flyers in the Sheffield programme and a couple of newsletter emails. It was also read out over the PA at the match on Tuesday.

I guess a good question would be "How do you consume your Rovers news?" What are the best forums to publicise club events?

The legends out numbered the supporters at an excellent evening!

Great night Martin, you and Daryl seem to be getting a long very well indeed. As you say, nothing to do with the design or questionable quality of the shirt but an opportunity to watch the Leigh v Barrow fixture, socialable pint with fellow supporters and have a good laugh (Vince was on top form!).

Turnout was a disgrace, mind you the Pie Hut was closed!

The legends out numbered the supporters at an excellent evening!

Great night Martin, you and Daryl seem to be getting a long very well indeed. As you say, nothing to do with the design or questionable quality of the shirt but an opportunity to watch the Leigh v Barrow fixture, socialable pint with fellow supporters and have a good laugh (Vince was on top form!).

Turnout was a disgrace, mind you the Pie Hut was closed!

What does the design look like? Is the quality as good as the home shirt?

Shame I couldn't go, but hey! it's how it goes.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

I just wish more people would support it. It is not about whether you like the shirt design or quality. Last night was an opportunity to put any question you liked to players past and present, coaching staff and meet with the directors but the turnout was very poor.

I think those that did go had a good night and those that didn't really missed out.

(I am making a general comment here, not asking people to justify that they were working etc)

Problem is Martin, well certainly from my point of view Rovers game Tuesday, out all day with Warriors game Sat then back to Fev for Rovers game Sun. Spend any more time with anything associated with an oval ball and my marriage would be in trouble. Also Thursday nights are when all the amateur teams train

Support? what's that?

Support? what's that?

I know that remark is tongue in cheek but i do think it is unfair. The away shirt should have been launched at the same time as the home one. To ask fans to come out inbetween two games that are only 5 days apart is too much. I used to be with the joint supporters and i know how difficult it is to organise events and get people to turn up. At the end of the day you are appealing to the same people over and over again Their pockets are only so deep. Once the season has started most fans are using what spare cash they have to support the team.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

At the end of the day you are appealing to the same people over and over again Their pockets are only so deep. Once the season has started most fans are using what spare cash they have to support the team.

Absolutely spot on DMS

I know that remark is tongue in cheek but i do think it is unfair. The away shirt should have been launched at the same time as the home one. To ask fans to come out inbetween two games that are only 5 days apart is too much. I used to be with the joint supporters and i know how difficult it is to organise events and get people to turn up. At the end of the day you are appealing to the same people over and over again Their pockets are only so deep. Once the season has started most fans are using what spare cash they have to support the team.

Nail on the head! :)

couldn,t make it thursday-sent our nipper with the requisite 44 quid to buy the shirt i dont think is that good or i will never wear- its just a mtter of dibbing funds to the club

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

Again I think the point is being missed... Nobody had to buy a shirt or even like it. But 10 great players who served the club were present and it would have been good to see the fans out number them. I know it was between two games etc, etc. However the turnout was appalling, I am just stating fact. It was a free evening.

This club is going to die if we do not re-ignite the supporter base and attract new supporters.

It is time we all talked it up rather than down. Of course there are problems - there always are, but lets keep them internal - be critical in private and all go out and sell Featherstone Rovers. That costs nothing!

Now that's Nail on Head Ovo!!

Hull KR were staring a third straight defeat in the eyes last night until Mr Ganson have a 'disgraceful' decision according to Mr Matterson :lol: . What I take from the game was the Hull KR support, they were louder than C*s throughout the game and surely have to be our Benchmark on and of the field, a great lesson on how to support the lads each and every week for 80 mins!

Again I think the point is being missed... Nobody had to buy a shirt or even like it. But 10 great players who served the club were present and it would have been good to see the fans out number them. I know it was between two games etc, etc. However the turnout was appalling, I am just stating fact. It was a free evening.

This club is going to die if we do not re-ignite the supporter base and attract new supporters.

It is time we all talked it up rather than down. Of course there are problems - there always are, but lets keep them internal - be critical in private and all go out and sell Featherstone Rovers. That costs nothing!

Admirable sentiments Martin, again on here we all still have the faith, although at times even I ask myself why! :P I know it's a chicken and egg situation but we can all talk the game up but you have to have something to talk up on the pitch ie success and that has been scarce for a decade or more now, yes they came out for the NL2 grand final but it wasn't sustained was it :( . Without the money you have a slim chance of sustained success and without the crowds you don't have the money :( Yes I know I haven't given the answer as I don't have one, that is until I win the euromillions ;)

I would love to have gone....I like legends gigs......thing is r'lass reckons I already watch too much rugger and its taking over my life....I disagree of course.....but she's threaten to kick me out if I see anymore. That would hurt me cos weve been happily married for 15 seasons now

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

I would love to have gone....I like legends gigs......thing is r'lass reckons I already watch too much rugger and its taking over my life....I disagree of course.....but she's threaten to kick me out if I see anymore. That would hurt me cos weve been happily married for 15 seasons now

bet she dunt complain when you take her warm weather training in the summer.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

It was more of a personal remark and not aimed at anybody in particular. But sometimes being a volunteer is like banging your head against a brick wall.