HALIFAX v SHEFFIELD EAGLES

Eagleraider

Thought we deserved to win today. We Had the game put away twice, but silly mistakes gave it away. Halifax didnt win today we gave it to them. We could have score 20 points in the first half if we had held the ball. There was over laps everywhere. What a shame Dane threw a intercept pass, and of all people to catch it was Mr Worrency.

Maybe if Brendon hadnt had the ball kicked from his hand when he chipped over the top, then just maybe we could have done it. it would have been thr try of the season. But all and all, we get the bonus point, but am very gutted about not taking all 3 points.

As for the pitch at Halifax, what a shamble, Super League bid, your having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought we deserved to win today. We Had the game put away twice, but silly mistakes gave it away. Halifax didnt win today we gave it to them. We could have score 20 points in the first half if we had held the ball. There was over laps everywhere. What a shame Dane threw a intercept pass, and of all people to catch it was Mr Worrency.

Maybe if Brendon hadnt had the ball kicked from his hand when he chipped over the top, then just maybe we could have done it. it would have been thr try of the season. But all and all, we get the bonus point, but am very gutted about not taking all 3 points.

As for the pitch at Halifax, what a shamble, Super League bid, your having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you expect with a pitch that has 2 teams playing on it? Also with the snow/rain etc most pitches are the same. Look at Headingley for example. And the state of a pitch has nothing to do with being in SL. You lost a tight game where Sheffield should have won. The fact is Sheffield should never of allowed Fax to come back after being 12-26 up.

Really entertaining game, thought Sheff bossed it in the forwards for the first hour but 'Fax really got their tails up once Watene and Wrench decided to turn up.

Think your lot are certainly in for a good season. In fact, after the four sides I've seen in our league in the past few days, I think we're all in for a belter of a campaign!

What do you expect with a pitch that has 2 teams playing on it? Also with the snow/rain etc most pitches are the same. Look at Headingley for example. And the state of a pitch has nothing to do with being in SL. You lost a tight game where Sheffield should have won. The fact is Sheffield should never of allowed Fax to come back after being 12-26 up.

Though it pains me to say it, I have to agree. Although credit must go to the Eagles defence for their monumental tackling stint in the second half. To hold out for so long, under immense pressure, with Fax having about 4 consecutive sets was unbelievable. Pity we couldn't hold on for five more minutes. A draw would've been a fair result today.

A couple of little things didn't go our way. I thought Brendon missing out on that kick and chase was the turning point, as well as the five or six sets in a row we had to defend. Tomorrow's another day.

The pitch wasn't a big issue. It wasn't great but it held up better than I though it would.

Edited by Griff

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"