Today's scoreline

thestatman

I'll go for 46-12 to the Eagles.

Your speed and fitness should tell in the end but the size of the pitch should lend itself to the way we play the game and i'll back us to get over for a couple of good tries!

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

One of the best set of folks and as usual they (being amateurs) could really show some pro clubs how to behave. Coaching staff excellent.

An excellent game and the scoreline makes it look a bit one sided but those lads from THC made Eagles work hard all the time. Credit to them. It was only the intensity which got to them. They held out well until the 62nd minute when tiredness obviously got to them and Eagles scored 3 tries in 9 minutes.

I think they were the best amateur side Eagles have played against during the past 10 years.

Well done Thatto.

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

One of the best set of folks and as usual they (being amateurs) could really show some pro clubs how to behave. Coaching staff excellent.

An excellent game and the scoreline makes it look a bit one sided but those lads from THC made Eagles work hard all the time. Credit to them. It was only the intensity which got to them. They held out well until the 62nd minute when tiredness obviously got to them and Eagles scored 3 tries in 9 minutes.

I think they were the best amateur side Eagles have played against during the past 10 years.

Well done Thatto.

Couldn't agree more.

Also, taking out the seaon ticket holders, I would hazard a guess that Thatto supporters outnumbered ours

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Couldn't agree more.

Also, taking out the seaon ticket holders, I would hazard a guess that Thatto supporters outnumbered ours

From my rough calcs of 150 season tickets that leaves 351 others. Thatto brought around 150 apparently (3 coaches) which leaves 151, so your guess isn't far off :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thatto brought around 150 apparently (3 coaches)

Both before and after the game there was only 1 coach outside the stadium. During the game there only appeared to be about 40-50 visiting supporters in two groups close to each other. These were sat in the front section level-ish with the halfway line.

There were two coaches from Thatto Heath - one parked inside the ground and the other outside somewhere. There was a mini bus on stadby too incase the second coach was over filled, but I don't know if this was used. One coach contained the players and a couple of dozen speccies and another one full of speccies. There were also quite a few people who travelled over in cars too.

On the game, we were a little disappointed not to get over the line and get some points on the board but there was a clear gulf in class between the two sides. Skillwise I don't think we were too far off but we just couldn't match the Eagles physically. They were just bigger, stronger and faster across the board, but it was a good experience for the lads and will give us a few things to work on to continue to improve.

Personally I don't care how many they brought. You could hear them over by the dug-outs and good for them.

Too many worry about how many away supporters there are. What is important is those that came should not be concerned about their team's lack of getting on the scoreboard, (see my comments on the Match Stats and comments thread).

Those who could not make it missed a very spirited display by their team.

The most important thing is the pathetic turnout by Eagles supporters. I hope it picks up very quickly.

Personally I don't care how many they brought. You could hear them over by the dug-outs and good for them.

Too many worry about how many away supporters there are. What is important is those that came should not be concerned about their team's lack of getting on the scoreboard, (see my comments on the Match Stats and comments thread).

Those who could not make it missed a very spirited display by their team.

The most important thing is the pathetic turnout by Eagles supporters. I hope it picks up very quickly.

I don't think it is going to happen any time soon :( but I would love to be proved wrong.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

It was my mother in laws 80th birthday - would you risk life an limb for the first round ????

First round ? :huh:

That was months ago.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Pedantic ? Happen. But it all gets horribly confusing if you're not careful. Is the next round the first or the second ? Or the fourth ? It could be the fifth if you count the preliminary round. :blink:

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"