Featherstone V Halifax. Friday 7.30pm

Stratobill

Win , Lose Or Draw   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Winners

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Halifax
    • Draw

Great game, great performance, great crowd, great atmosphere.... what a season so far! MOM for me was Grayshon, followed by Briggs and Dickens, but the whole team played fantastically well.

I brought my father in law along, he is a Burnley season ticket holder and has been watching them for 50 years, but also used to go to the occassional Fax match at Thrum Hall when he was a lad. He thought it was great (bar the result!!), enjoying the atmosphere and game, along with the memories of being in a traditional style RL ground.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't post often on here, but I can't contain myself after last night's superb performance. The tackling was awesome, it was like watching a team full of Pete Smiths and Jimmy Thompsons! Some of the hits were making me wince on the terraces. Any team, and Halifax weren't a bad team, were going to get fed up of that treatment and crack in the end. Then the attack took over and played some scintillating stuff, despite the bad conditions. Well done to each and every player, and to Darryl. The best Rovers performance I have seen for many years, you have given us hope, keep the momentum going!

Matt - send us some players from Tonga

Well done Fev-easily the form team and few if any teams can live with you at the moment-just like Fax were early season last year. However to be honest Fax are a mess thanks to Useless Calland. Any side that has averaged over 40 poings conceded in the past 3 games is always going to struggle. Hunslet scored 42 which shows how bad things are. There are various rumours of behind the scenes fallouts and a couple of key players injured. The Squad is way too old etc. So whilst Fev played very well Fax never really tested them and look clueless-which was a shame. I am not sure Fax can beat Toulouse or Keighley in the next 2 games. I hope Calland goes ASAP as he cant coach as displayed this last month and the end of last year. Fev I think you will win something this year-eitzher the League or GF. All the best

Thought the performance last night was perfect!! 1 -17 deserve credit, fantastic rugby hope this continues next week. I don't like Sheffield and i am hoping we stuff them!! Grayshon was my mom closely followed by dickens, hardman and briggs. Well done lads, At work this morning with a big grin!!!

Listening to Calland on Radio Leeds after the game he didn't seem that impressed with our defence and put it down to his players not testing us, just another sore loser. What a game for me to miss

If Matt Calland wasn't impressed with our defence he wants to pack up Rugby because he doesn't know his a**e from his elbow.

It was our defence that won that game, they never looked like scoring, every time a gap opened it was immediately SLAMMED shut with lightning speed.

That was without doubt one of the best defensive displays I have seen in a long long time from any team.

WELL DONE LADS

frankslater1copy.jpg

It's another one of Daft Matt's gaffes Frank - along the lines of the "country mile" tripe he came out with!

There's a reason each of last years Grandfinalists couldn't get into double figures against us and we have the lowest points against in the league! Even a kid in the U9's can reason that logic!! But daft Matt??????????

Nooooo! he continues to let his mouth move before anyone's switched the upstairs light on!!! Listening to him talk, he's not the brightest lamp in the pit is he?

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

What a performance, what intensity and what an atmosphere. That home atmosphere and general buzz around the ground and club in general takes me back 94/95 Season and the game when we beat Saints at home in the run up to the Challenge Cup Semi at Elland Road against Leeds.

Anyone who thinks it was just down to Fax being poor is in a dream world. Fev were nothing but awesome in all departments. Defence was out of this world and to be able to play attacking rugby league like that in those conditions was superb. What would we have done to them on a dry pitch????

The spirt of the fans and players is immense. I dont know whether Briggsy knew it when he stuck that conversation over at the end, but that meant that the margin we beat Fax by was better then the margin Leigh beat em by.

People waffle on about how the league isn't won in april or the GF for that matter but surely its about enjoying the moment and at this moment Rovers are top of the league and best thing since sliced bread having beaten both last years finalists.

UP THE ROVERS!!! :D :D :D

Our forwards dominated their pack, who are no striplings. They built the platforms for the halfbacks to come into the game. "Poor defence", viz Calland. We withstood three sets of six on our line in the second half. Some of the Fax players IMO are cadging brass and think that they are better players than they actually are.

Cannot beat guts, determination and team spirit. At the end of the game it was touching to see our lads congratulating each other. It obviously was a victory they savoured and enjoyed. Well done everyone in the squad.

Come on Featherstone, now is the time to support your winning team.

Another amazing night as a featherstone fan. Brilliant in all departments tonight, doesnt matter if its a full strength fax team or one without any ideas, end of day its result that counts. Still recovering to get my voice back this morning, family stand was in good voice for most of last night and can only hope that people continue to keep coming down, i know someone i talk to is even considering going to sheffield, his first away game for about 8 years, thats the impressiveness of this team!!

Sheffield seems so far away now!!

voohli.jpg

Awesome display, particularly in defence. Halifax were playing at high speed in the first half and Ben Black looked very dangerous. If the defence had given way early on then the score could have been much different. But we had a different kind of scrum half, one that can organise the team and direct us about the park. Finn won't score length of field tries, but that's not what the game is all about. To be fair to Matt Calland, he did say he missed Brannigan, which was possibly true. I've not seen him play for Fax yet, only Gateshead, but he is the kind of player they need for the tough matches.......He wouldn't get into the Rovers starting line up, though!

Rovers were absolutley awesome never gave Fax a sniff, pumped them by 44-4 and we had about 3 or 4 tries disallowed - Sheffield up next and they couldnt beat Keighley last night so wont be looking forward playing us

Simply AWESOME ROVERS !!

Our forwards dominated their pack, who are no striplings. They built the platforms for the halfbacks to come into the game. "Poor defence", viz Calland. We withstood three sets of six on our line in the second half. Some of the Fax players IMO are cadging brass and think that they are better players than they actually are.

Cannot beat guts, determination and team spirit. At the end of the game it was touching to see our lads congratulating each other. It obviously was a victory they savoured and enjoyed. Well done everyone in the squad.

Come on Featherstone, now is the time to support your winning team.

What gets to me Bob and I don't say this with any arrogance is that after looking at the other teams forums their fans assume that they are rubbish because Fev beat them. I can duly say that perhaps only the Barrow supporters readily give any praise to the opposition

The fax fans are moaning on their forums about the team and coach, but the truth is the fax team that showed up in the first half was not a far cry away from them at their best last season...the only difference is the massive improvements we have made as a team. we have gone forward, they have stood still, and every team who says they had a bad day when they played us needs to wake up.

An outstanding, entertaining game of rugby from fev, with bone shaking tackling from our forwards who sickend their pack off after 40 mins. i cannot wait for the next match...has the sleeping giant of featherstone rovers finally woken up to demolish champ 1 opposition?! nobody has even taken a bonus point from us this season!

UP THE ROVERS!

Whilst I love the great tries we're scoring at the moment, it's the defense that's the most impressive thing for me - thought we absolutely knocked the stuffing out of them in the first half last night. It's as if they've been told they'll be shot if they miss a tackle - the enthusiasm and commitment never altered throughout the match. Morrison in particular looks like he was born just to tackle - I thought he was going to break some of their forwards in half - reminds me of Tuuta the way he picks people out of the line and then tries to run straight through them - awesome stuff.

Best defense I've seen in years - it's saying something when you feel disappointed to concede a try in a 44-4 win against one of our biggest (apparently!) rivals.

The fax fans are moaning on their forums about the team and coach, but the truth is the fax team that showed up in the first half was not a far cry away from them at their best last season...the only difference is the massive improvements we have made as a team. we have gone forward, they have stood still, and every team who says they had a bad day when they played us needs to wake up.

An outstanding, entertaining game of rugby from fev, with bone shaking tackling from our forwards who sickend their pack off after 40 mins. i cannot wait for the next match...has the sleeping giant of featherstone rovers finally woken up to demolish champ 1 opposition?! nobody has even taken a bonus point from us this season!

Fax are going backwards with Calland in charge. No game plan. No Confidence. No Defence-Even Hunslet put 40 past us at home!! The problems at the end of last season have not been aproperly addressed. The players brought in or kept on like Gene, Aizue, Larder, Watene are past it and we have no reserve/Academy so fringe players are not match fit. Calland can so what he wants about players missing etc but he should atleast instill pride and giving 100% in the team. Where was that against Hunslet? Leigh? and you guys? This is not taking nothing away from Fev and how well they are playing. Easily the best team at the moment. However you also have a decent coach-that is simply lacking at Fax despite the individual talent in there. Hope you do not drift off like we did last year. And why Calland stuck an out of form Centre at back row and a ###### Back Rower at 13 and left Beswick on the Bench who has often played 13, I will never know!

I think DP got his team selection spot on, I expected Halifax to come out all guns blazing but Daryls team selection and rotation of subs meant they never got a look in, the defence took the momentum away from Halifax from the first whistle. Well played lads and a well thought out game plan well executed, UP THE ROVERS.

dont forget we play the bonus point kings next-we will beat them of that i have no doubt ,for sooth i can feel it in my waters

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe