Random internet link of the day

Today's link is on religion:

Objective: Ministries 4 kidz with such handy advice as what you should do if you meet an Atheist, why you should pity a Hindu, startling new evidence that Neanderthals are actually humans with abnormal bone growth and Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew.

Also, a nice article by Paley on how kangaroos got to Australia (link) :D

And, yes, this is meant to be a serious site. :dry:

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's link is on religion:

Objective: Ministries 4 kidz with such handy advice as what you should do if you meet an Atheist, why you should pity a Hindu, startling new evidence that Neanderthals are actually humans with abnormal bone growth and Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew.

Also, a nice article by Paley on how kangaroos got to Australia (link) :D

And, yes, this is meant to be a serious site. :dry:

That Sir, is spectacularly brilliant. I could read that all day if I didn't have a lot of work to get through!

The Internet was created by the United States of America - a Christian nation [ref. 1, 2, 3] - and should not be used to spread anti-Christian, secular, or non-Christian propaganda and hatespeech. This is our Internet, and we should exercise our position as its owners and as the guardians of civilization to stop its misuse.

Edited by Millman

"If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,

TELL A PARENT OR PASTOR RIGHT AWAY!

You may be moved to try and help

these poor lost souls yourself, however

AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

Atheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children,

or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word."

Thank you ckn for bringing this to my attention, I'm off on an atheist hunt straight away.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Thank you ckn for bringing this to my attention, I'm off on an atheist hunt straight away.

You'll find none of those types in Hertfordshire.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

That Sir, is spectacularly brilliant. I could read that all day if I didn't have a lot of work to get through!

Likewise.

Although my work for the rest of the day may now be abandoned.

EDIT

Professor, what are fossils?

Is this really above board?

Edited by gingerjon

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Excuse me while I go on my first Mall Mission and sort this lot out

Mall Walkers

Perhaps the saddest of the bunch, senior citizens who have been abandoned by their Secularized family and youth-orientated Secular jobs who spend all their time circling malls under the deluded pretense of getting exercise. While they tend to not purchase things, they have still been indoctrinated to think that there is no other place for them to go in their twilight years except the Temple of Secular Consumerism. Let them know that instead of being Mall Walkers, they can be Church Walkers! Your Church can offer these pathetic and lonely people much more comfort than the cold, heartless mall can.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Curse you, ckn (shakes fist), I can't get away from this site, it's so full of useful info and tips.

Anyone got to the origami section yet?

"Make a nail just like the ones used by the Romans to crucify Our Lord. A thought-provoking project that will impress upon your children the suffering that Jesus went through on their behalf. Makes a great Christmas ornament! Caution: Pointy edges. Not for children under 5.

Requires: 1 sheet of paper or card, scissors, scoring tool, glue or tape."

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Curse you, ckn (shakes fist), I can't get away from this site, it's so full of useful info and tips.

Anyone got to the origami section yet?

"Make a nail just like the ones used by the Romans to crucify Our Lord. A thought-provoking project that will impress upon your children the suffering that Jesus went through on their behalf. Makes a great Christmas ornament! Caution: Pointy edges. Not for children under 5.

Requires: 1 sheet of paper or card, scissors, scoring tool, glue or tape."

I thought the not-so-suggestive kids' artwork was a "highlight" linky. The artwork is disturbing on so many levels...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I thought the not-so-suggestive kids' artwork was a "highlight" linky. The artwork is disturbing on so many levels...

I never knew our Lord and Saviour looked this crazy...

kidzart-tommy_holy_spirt_fill.png

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm enjoying the game reviews.

"The ubiquity of Tetris is also because it is highly addictive. Its repetitive gameplay and use of a repetitive Russian folk tune causes players to slip into a hypnagogic state, making them receptive to the Communistic themes inherent in the game imagery (everyone is an unindividualistic block that must be made to fit together in Soviet conformity, and sometimes whole lines of people are made to disappear without any explanation). This is intentional, since, like all work done by the Soviet Academy of Science where Tetris was developed, it was part of secret military research"

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Because Jesus loves everybodey, even squid monsters and sinners.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Hand arithmetic trick. Ooooo... Took me a while to get the hang of it but it works just fine.

Just need to add a 0 to the first calculation step and add the first and second to make it work.

My head took a while to get the hang of negative numbers for numbers under 5 and extra fingers for over 10. :D

Anyone here from Norfolk should have no problem with having enough fingers for slightly higher numbers

2nd one today (Let it load)

You'll be very lucky if you ever know happiness like this:

54zhb1.gif

:D

These parts of Objective:Ministries' statement of faith are strangely missing from my own:

The salvific state of intelligent creatures on other planets is adiaphoric at this time. Should the science of Design Inference detect alien communications, God will revel to us whether He has already sent them their own Messiah or if we are to inform them of the Passion of the Christ via mathematically encoded evangelism.

The Pretribulation Rapture of the Church, who will be taken bodily into the air to be in the presence of Christ (Parousia), will be followed by the Seven Year Tribulation culminating in the Premillennial Second Coming of Christ, Who will appear resplendent with white woolly hair. (Portrayals of the post-Tribulation Christ with long straight hair are in error and may cause the ignorant who are left behind during the Rapture to mistakenly seek out and follow rock musicians aligned with the Anti-Christ.)

Do not fear; only BELIEVE

Some people's parents need to be slapped. Hard.

Linky :D

That said, the first one was just the guy being silly as he thought it wouldn't get shown on telly.

Here's me thinking it's just a random selection of photos on an intenet site when it suddenly became obvious that Maradona can clearly see the image above him...

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."