Random internet link of the day

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found a sport with more stoppages than Rugby Union!

It's the wretched live stream of the British Indoor Athletics Championships, glitching every couple of seconds, then finally giving up and now just showing a still picture. And when the first event it the 60m heats, the pauses can (and do) last longer than an entire race.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mind. Blown.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A man who really really loves his job! It's like 'Will it blend?' with knives.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A really good read, which also touches on Bob Dylan, George Michael, Morrissey, Kenny Everett and the whole "growing up" thing. Well worth a few minutes of your time.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Has anyone read Galactic Pot Healer by PKD? I found a site that appears to use the same translation then re-translation that is one of the sub-plots in that book. Here is ARLC boss John Grant's statement on the Parra salary cap situation:

"It will take time to get to a bottom of these allegations … a critical thing is that we examine and understanding with a matter so a bar and a diversion can pull a line in a silt and pierce on,” Grant pronounced on Thursday night.

Here's the sitehttp://myexpress.com.au/

PS: Here is the original para:

"It will take time to get to the bottom of these allegations ... the important thing is that we investigate and deal with the matter so the club and the game can draw a line in the sand and move on," Grant said on Thursday night.

Edited by Farmduck

The computer game 'Hitman', acted by real people and controlled by the Chuckle Brothers.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

The first webpage of all, created by Tim Berners-Lee: http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html

It's a bit rubbish really; not even a flying toaster GIF :P 

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bat-Labels. Because they really loved their labels.

With the no doubt self-important and 'dark' nonsense of Batman v Superman hitting the cinemas this week, it's good to look back to an era when Batman was any good at all. I especially like the "Deadly Bee Beehive Trip Wire" one. :D 

Ralph Waldo Emerson