Random internet link of the day

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if many people read about the OZ Census disaster - the first time we had it online and it had a lot of problems. Anyway now Parlt is conducting an inquiry. It was IBM's fault and today, a senior IBM "engineer" admitted that the problems could have been avoided if they'd ...........wait for it ...........switched one of the main routers off, then switched it back on again!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-25/turning-router-off-and-on-could-have-prevented-census-outage/7963916

When it all went pear-shaped - I'd already completed my form no problems - I remember thinking, "I wonder if they tried switching it off then switching it back on."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Yorkshire Agricultural Society confirmed a "substance" was used on the cow's udders, contravening show rules.

You can't print a story like that without a bit more explanation. I've shown ducks and chooks at the Hawkesbury Agricultural Show but I've never heard of cow fiddling.

YouTube gave me brain cancer. Not from watching this vid but from the 80 comments below, of which 50 insisted that this guy gave the wrong answer to the first question. Steven Pinker is a professor in the Department of Psychology at Harvard University.

• 3 weeks later...

Something funny from Down Under. Stick that in your Nutribollox, food faddists!

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...