Random internet link of the day

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This channel is a lot of fun.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Having spent my whole working life doing chip design, absolutely loved this old Horizon program from the 1970s - especially the quotes from various Trade Unionists - and the Swiss watch industry being wiped out by Digital watches...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01z4rrj/horizon-19771978-now-the-chips-are-down#

(Those outside the UK can probably find it on Daily Motion.)

5 hours ago, JonM said:

Having spent my whole working life doing chip design, absolutely loved this old Horizon program from the 1970s - especially the quotes from various Trade Unionists - and the Swiss watch industry being wiped out by Digital watches...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01z4rrj/horizon-19771978-now-the-chips-are-down#

(Those outside the UK can probably find it on Daily Motion.)

Was it you that invented crinkle cut chips and curly fries then?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

13 hours ago, Bearman said:

Was it you that invented crinkle cut chips and curly fries then?

:tongue:

I'm the one that's responsible for all those idiots walking down the street looking at their phone instead of where they're going.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another reason why Kansas City may not be an ideal holiday location.  Their airport security staff are probably just a bit, well, anal:

picdump_1414_14__800.jpg

• Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

It just has to go here, not starting a new cross-code thread just for this.

The inhumanity of it, that nasty big bully of a player tried to mess up the hair of that harmless, innocent fly half. He could have dirtied his shorts in many ways if he'd actually made contact!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Harrodsburg. Select the thumbnails option (bottom right) for the full horrors.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anthony Gellings' latest Tweet has a video of him exorcising the demons in his underwear. God bless him, but the lad's crazed. :biggrin: 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44349521

An off-duty FBI agent accidentally shot a bystander in the leg when his gun fell from its holster as he cavorted on the dance-floor of a bar in Denver, Colorado, police said.

Video widely shared on Twitter shows the agent strutting his stuff and then performing a backflip.

The gun falls to the floor and, as the agent goes to grab it, fires a shot.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!