Random internet link of the day

Some places just do not change.

image.png

Very few ex-squaddies won't have been here for some exercise or other.

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Copehill DOwn?

That spectacular architecture is unforgettable, isn't it. I knew of one squad who so annoyed their CO that they got the wonderful job of cleaning the interior and exterior of those buildings for the duration of the 3 week exercise.

One of the party tricks I learned there was the superman jump through windows. Whip antennae for my 351 and 320s from my bergen meant that I couldn't do the normal hurry-in method so had to bend 90 degrees from the waist, aim and just hope everyone heard me shout that I'm on the way in and clear out before I sprinted & jumped through. Packing kit on my front to stop me shredding my combats was strangely comfortable.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

How well can you discern different shades of blue?

88% for me, but it wasn't easy.

That was difficult. I know my eyesight is deteriorating, but 4 out of 10 is not good. One of the four was a total guess!

In my defence, I play patience so much that the card outlines are burned into the screen, which doesn't help with the readability. I guess screen quality must play a part, too.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I was pleased with my result, as it proves my terrible eyesight is good for at least one thing. Without glasses, anything more than 5 inches away is out of focus.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, ckn said:

skft-bb92c24123b7c643f7ab9aaba0c18b45.jp

I just checked IMDB, and this is not the first movie with this title.

Or the second.

Or the third...

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nixon's farewell speech to his staff, tears and all.

"Others may hate you. Those who hate you only win when you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself."

Edited by M j M