Random internet link of the day

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another trademark the RFL failed to copyright...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 10/03/2021 at 00:29, Futtocks said:

The Letraset Database. One for the teenagers...

Wow, that brings back the memories from my time as a very junior member of staff in the planning department at Northallerton County Hall, patiently preparing maps and other documents for committee meetings, public enquiries and the like!

Looking Twitter, and this appeared in the sidebar:

Trending in United Kingdom
Nora Batty
Trending with Flowers of the Forest

I didn't click on it; some things are best left a mystery.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ten Tweets from Mitch Benn about Alvin Stardust's career, and it is a really remarkable tale.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back in the days when booking Deep Purple cost less than half the price of Marmalade.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Does anyone know if it’s nice over the weekend.

£350 and it will be.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Japanese creationists, eh?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Calculate how long it would take you to travel the world during the Roman Empire

ORBIS: The Stanford Geospatial Network Model of the Roman World

Well, that's all very well, LTS, but I don't think you can do it.

How do you allow for delays like the clearly overloaded chariot in front of you, slowing things down?  And then, who wants to use one of those viae tutae, without a breakdown lane on the inside?  Not to mention the Gaulish fishermen getting stroppy yet again with another blockade along the Anglicus Channel....

42 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Well, that's all very well, LTS, but I don't think you can do it.

How do you allow for delays like the clearly overloaded chariot in front of you, slowing things down?  And then, who wants to use one of those viae tutae, without a breakdown lane on the inside?  Not to mention the Gaulish fishermen getting stroppy yet again with another blockade along the Anglicus Channel....

Plus there's the savage and primitive Brexitae tribe patrolling the cliffs of Dubris, with their gammon-coloured warpaint and tiny wavy fists...

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

David Allen Bawden (born September 22, 1959 in Oklahoma City[1]), who takes the name "Pope Michael", is an American citizen and a conclavist claimant to the papacy. He stated in 2009 that he had approximately 30 "solid followers".[2]

Bawden was elected by a group of six laypeople, which included himself and his parents, who had come to believe that the Catholic Church had apostatized from the Catholic faith since Vatican II, and that there had been no legitimate popes elected since the death of Pope Pius XII in 1958

David Bawden - Wikipedia

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...