Random internet link of the day

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://news.sky.com/story/michael-jefferson-king-ex-gladiators-star-shadow-jailed-for-role-in-blackmail-plot-12392175

The significance being, around 1994 I went on a Rugby Tour to Belgium a month or two after joining a new club.
Tour theme was "Gladiators" with the usual rules about only answering to your Gladiator name, must always be wearing lycra, whenever the tour judge called "Gladiators ready" we all had to do the Wolf attack pose. 

My tour name was "Shadow" which, because most people didn't know who I was stuck with me for the rest of my time with the club, which is ongoing. 

I now realise the enormous harm I was doing by popularising the name and allowing this villain to go about his wrong doing safe in the knowledge that when the name "Shadow" was bandied about the expectation would be of a super fit, highly skilled athlete. Not some second rate entertainer and TV performer.

• 1 month later...

This is one of those YouTubers who builds guitars out of unusual things. He's not the only insane luthier, either, but this is a good example of the type.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

There's 7 rail stations on the London network called Acton something or other, all of course in Acton West London,  this guy on YouTube tries to get to all 7 in the quickest time, but gets a surprise as he reaches the end of his journey. Must try this myself sometime as I live in London. 🤪

Edited by HawkMan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Zuiikin' English - keep fit, learn "interesting" phrases, endure terrible music. Japanese TV is a little odd.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Worth a minute of your time. No sound, but plenty going on. Netflix would have taken 10 one-hour episodes to tell this story.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

For those of you who know York well. I've often wondered about this much-repainted advert new Monk Bar.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

If I could dance like this when I get to that age...

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Is that you? 😀

Which one? :kolobok_wink:

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the irony:

Necklaces and accessories claiming to "protect" people from 5G mobile networks have been found to be radioactive.

The Dutch authority for nuclear safety and radiation protection (ANVS) issued a warning about ten products it found gave off harmful ionising radiation.

It urged people not to use the products, which could cause harm with long-term wear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59703523.amp

• 1 month later...