Random internet link of the day

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes of domino-toppling at World record level. Strangely hypnotic.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

Now I'm not saying they should be euthanised at birth but, for God's sake, can't they keep it in the privacy of their own homes. Think of the children out there who have to watch these people "out and proud." It's just disgusting.

Ginger Pride Rally

• 2 weeks later...

Samuel L. Jackson Explains Why He’s Moving to Liverpool, England :O

He did say how much he liked it when he was here filming The 51st State. He stayed at the Formby Hall Golf Club at the time. The rumour was at the time he was going to live here in Formby.

Edited by Griff9of13

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Animal's a veteran of these drum battles. He took on Buddy Rich once.

Anyhoo, guess which DVD box set I just found at the back of a high shelf in the living room?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Animal's a veteran of these drum battles. He took on Buddy Rich once.

And here it is! the greatest drummer in the world... and Buddy plays a few paradiddles too!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is a Trump/Sanders opinion piece, not substantially different or more insightful than dozens of others. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-05/james-president-trump-a-title-we-might-need-to-get-used-to/7384736

BUT, the most important point is Godwin's Law. Once the reader comments kick off, Hitler makes his appearance in the 5th comment. It's not a text book "Reductio ad Hitlerum" but he still gets name checked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum

Claims commentators' mispronunciation of Pacific names is "racist"

Updated

Thu at 4:28pm

New Zealand's Pacific Islands Media Association is concerned about the effect that the continued mispronunciation of Pacific rugby league players by sports commentators is having on the players themselves and young people.

Last weekend's test match between Fiji and PNG saw very good pronunciations after the commentary team went to training and sat down with the players to learn how to say their names.

But the Association's spokesman Will Ilolahia says the match between Tonga and Samoa was very different, calling the mispronunciations insulting and racist.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-12/claims-commentators'-mispronunciation-of-pacific/7409656?section=sport

The greatest irony I've heard this year: the guy doing the complaining about the mispronunciation mispronounces the word "mispronunciation."

Samuel L. Jackson Explains Why He’s Moving to Liverpool, England :O

He did say how much he liked it when he was here filming The 51st State. He stayed at the Formby Hall Golf Club at the time. The rumour was at the time he was going to live here in Formby.

I knew I'd seen him at the checkout in the toxteth branch of asda! Not.....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Moderately not safe for work.  They're safe for the subway in the US so make your own calls!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On the left, Chuck D. In the middle, Chuckle P.

CjpGpvTW0AAYO13.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson