Random internet link of the day

This has just been released on YouTube - a 30-minute documentary on Lon Chaney. And it is really good! There was so much more to him than I'd ever realised.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/04/2018 at 10:34 PM, Bedford Roughyed said:

I don't know why but that made me cry. Thank you

• Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

On 01/04/2018 at 10:34 PM, Bedford Roughyed said:

We were once lent a telescope to look after, while the owner was moving house. The family home being on top of a hill, we used to check the time by training the lens on a church clock 16 miles away.

But it was a fragile antique, so we didn't risk it by taking it outdoors to look at the night sky. Shame, as a clear night from the back garden is an astonishing sight even without magnification. It is one of the things I miss most about having moved down to London.

The kit this guy is using looks pretty good.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sussex Police officer Dick Holder was sacked for selling himself for sex while on sick leave

Dick Holder :P

The force's Police Federation chairman Matt Webb, representing Holder, said he had "fallen on his sword".

:D Fnar, fnar.

And I've just been smacked round the back of the head by the wife for being so childish.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

14 minutes ago, ckn said:

Sussex Police officer Dick Holder was sacked for selling himself for sex while on sick leave

Dick Holder :P

:D Fnar, fnar.

And I've just been smacked round the back of the head by the wife for being so childish.

I wonder what he did with his truncheon?

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

8 hours ago, Futtocks said:

“There’s more to this,” he said. “Morrisons have got their own agenda.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

46 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

“There’s more to this,” he said. “Morrisons have got their own agenda.

I know; it really is sinister... :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blatantly nicked from another forum.  Was There a Civilization On Earth Before Humans?

Adam Frank and Gavin Schmidt pose the Silurian Hypothesis: "Perhaps, for example, some early mammal rose briefly to civilization building during the Paleocene epoch about 60 million years ago. There are fossils, of course. But the fraction of life that gets fossilized is always minuscule and varies a lot depending on time and habitat. It would be easy, therefore, to miss an industrial civilization that only lasted 100,000 years—which would be 500 times longer than our industrial civilization has made it so far."

Full link to journal paper.

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Confused Punk fan. Yes, a parody, but not that far from some of the navel-gazing self-important pomposity of a certain (and familiar) type of "music fan".

Ralph Waldo Emerson