Random internet link of the day

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UFO sightings by the US Air Force was actually the SAS playing pranks

This was a grander scale version of the pranks I remember from my time that actually had a serious aim of testing both sides.  My job as forward observer saw us test our skills against the artillery gun positions where we’d sneak onto the guns on exercise and try to steal something important.  If we got caught, we knew we’d get a bit of a kick or three but it was fun trying to get the most annoying thing possible, if we got something important then the gun crews knew they’d be in for a serious beasting for a week or so.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I thought I would do that as a wind up, try and score the lowest score ever, and earn a place in the record books, but if you said "Pass" on every question, you would probably get DQ'ed, IF however you knew something about everything, and gave an answer "CLOSE" to the correct answer, you might get away with it. That's what he did. Most of the time, if he didn't know one, he'd repeat the question

4 hours ago, ckn said:

skft-cc4246a624a620b40a07f647b038d4d1.jp

Look's in better condition than our E-3D's....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Niue, a tiny Pacific island around the size of Broken Hill, is saying goodbye to its only duck, Trevor, who captured global attention after he showed up in 2018.

On a Facebook page dedicated to the lone mallard, a post reported that he was, "seen dead in the bush after being attacked by dogs".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-27/niue-says-goodbye-to-trevor-its-only-duck/10754258

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

This is my map. I grew up in Bradford for five years, Bury for eight and then Cumbria for five ... and like the guy quoted I only answered for what I say and talk like now ...

DE4426AE-A25C-4463-B57C-3BE73AB36F8B.png

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)