Random internet link of the day

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose this could go in the conspiracy theory thread, but it deserves a wider audience.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

This being May the 4th, what better time for a mash-up of two of the greatest cultural icons of the Seventies?

FvRwtzxXwAEm_1L?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A handy guide to non-forum social media.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2017 at 15:07, ckn said:

Oops (the other one)..

Nasa has lost contact with its Voyager 2 probe billions of miles away from Earth after sending it the wrong command, the space agency has revealed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-66371569

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This year's Christmas tree at St Pancras station is sponsored by the bookshop Hatchards.

F922Uy8XkAAR-6r?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a strange and wonderful thing. Yes, it's a bit long for some attention spans, but contains enough for triple the length. A very strange trip on the road to creating something utterly useless. Highly recommended, although there's a little bit of swearing if you'd going to watch it with the kiddies, a maiden aunt or the vicar.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Doctors in Missouri recently made a startling discovery. A 63-year-old patient who went for a routine colon screening was found to have an intact fly in his colon. The doctors had no idea how the fly survived the perilous journey through the patient’s digestive enzymes and stomach acid.

As a professor of anatomy, I come across many such stories of strange things found inside people – foreign bodies, we call them. Here is a roundup of some of them.

https://theconversation.com/weird-and-wonderful-things-lost-then-found-inside-the-human-body-217338

• 1 month later...