For all the old timers......

TUUUUUUUUUUTA

Kukri shirts. Does this mean Prostar have finally been kicked into touch? If the quality is anything like the Kooga shirt we had a few years ago, then I would definitely buy one, the last two years have been very disappointing. Great to see the old coat of arms on a shirt, but it doesn't seem the same without the Umbro logo though.

Edited by Cliff in Liberia

10527261_10152163584386971_3057229316284

This is defo the last year of Prostar...... Not sure yet who the new kit supplier will be. This retro kit is a one off and doesn't necessarily mean they will be our new kit supplier. Will come down to whoever offer the club the best deal.......looking around the league it'll either be Kukri, STEEDEN, Samurai or O'Neills.

I've still got my red and white striped shirt from the 1988 Yorkshire Cup Final, but I liked the predominantly white retro design even better.

I've still got my red and white striped shirt from the 1988 Yorkshire Cup Final, but I liked the predominantly white retro design even better.

Did Fev play in the 1988 Yorkshire Cup Final?

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Twas the 89 final we played v Bradford

Sorry, I was a year out, these days I seem to remember matches from the early sixties better than 21 years ago.......Crikey, was it that long ago? It only seems like yesterday!

This is defo the last year of Prostar...... Not sure yet who the new kit supplier will be. This retro kit is a one off and doesn't necessarily mean they will be our new kit supplier. Will come down to whoever offer the club the best deal.......looking around the league it'll either be Kukri, STEEDEN, Samurai or O'Neills.

May I offer some advice based on past experience (you dont have to take it obviously).

Keep clear of Kukri, they produced one of the worst quality shirts we have ever had, we had them produce a shirt and ended up sending most them back and turning to Kooga I think it was then.

It was when we had unison as the main sposor for the first time and their logo was on a white rubberish patch on the shirt and looked like it had been drawn a 2 year old. And after 2 washes the logo patches came off.

We donated the playing shirts to Sharlston Rovers.

I know the person responsible for the purchasing has to strike the best deal he/she can as I always tried to do, but the quality cannot be compromised because that can impact on sales of all club leisure wear.

Anyone else remember the Kukri shirts ?

I would also be very wary of using any foreign company, remember the ISC debacle ?

We were promised our shirts in October but I ended up at Heathrow airport at 2am on xmas eve waiting for a plane to arrive from australia carrying 2 boxes of shirts. (the first delivery) The next delivery didnt arrive until end of January. We also ended up on the brink of going to court against them because we withheld payment.

We are too small a club in terms of order numbers for any major manufacturer outside the UK to care much about us no matter what they say in a sales pitch.

Without doubt the best shirts we have had in many years came from Kooga

frankslater1copy.jpg

May I offer some advice based on past experience (you dont have to take it obviously).

Keep clear of Kukri, they produced one of the worst quality shirts we have ever had, we had them produce a shirt and ended up sending most them back and turning to Kooga I think it was then.

It was when we had unison as the main sposor for the first time and their logo was on a white rubberish patch on the shirt and looked like it had been drawn a 2 year old. And after 2 washes the logo patches came off.

I know the person responsible for the purchasing has to strike the best deal he/she can as I always tried to do, but the quality cannot be compromised because that can impact on sales of all club leisure wear.

I would also be very wary of using any foreign company, remember the ISC debacle ?

We were promised our shirts in October but I ended up at Heathrow airport at 2am on xmas eve waiting for a plane to arrive from australia carrying 2 boxes of shirts. (the first delivery) The next delivery didnt arrive until end of January. We also ended up on the brink of going to court against them because we withheld payment.

We are too small a club in terms of order numbers for any major manufacturer outside the UK to care much about us no matter what they say in a sales pitch.

Also Frank, They even had the website adress wrong, Kooga shirts are great

• 1 month later...

I also remember the 'Cotton Kings' ones which were made from the same material that they used in 1905, think they had UK Coal on the front, bloody awful!

Its a shame prostar keep ballsing up because I like their designs, Kooga were the best quality.

Cummins Out.

I've been trying for two years now to get that plastic Uk coal sticker off mine. what did they use Super dooper glue ?

Best thing to do is wash it, but just as you put it in the machine announce in a loud voice its your favourite shirt and you hope nowt happens to it.

It will come out with the sticker hanging off, job done.

Well thats what usually happens at our house anyway :lol::lol:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

So we still don't know when or if we can get theses shirts then!

have ya tried actually ringing the club/shop? maybe they can enlighten ya :huh:

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.