stand closed at game!

jojofev

after purchasing tickets fohe game you would have thought that they would open up all available stands especially when it is obvious that you can not fit everyone in!!!!

stewards was not helpfull whatso ever especially the ones in the orange jackets thinking their ten men!!!!!

who ever their safety steward is needs to be looked at as this was a total disgrace as people had payed very good money and was squashed in very little room!!!!

unfortunetaly most of the stewards on show today werent employees of warrington wolves so there wasnt anything they could do for us despite the many complaints to them, most were in agreement of the situation as well as the warrington fans

The top man is called 'Jeff' apparently and was on the gantry alledgedly and continued to refuse despite numerous requests to reconsider

Thats who all complaints should be aimed at

What gets me is - that stand will be open for quins and catalans fans

Very poor descisions made by the warrington wolves staff

From the day after the draw, Warrington announced that the West Stand would be closed.

However, with just under 8000 there today, the 3 stands open must have been approaching capacity.

Maybe the stand could have been open from the off, but once the stewards and policing levels are set, opening another stand would have stretched what cover there was.Extra gate stewards, extra stand stewards etc, there probably wasn't a way the stand could be opened and satisfy the regulations in place now.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

maybe if some of the at up to 12 stewards milling together near the main bunch of fev fans had spread out there could have been a bit better organisation, or was it not worth it due to the money from the firm who put the mini there taking precedence over safety issues

sorry warrington, you let us down big time

Agreed.

Can you believe that it took me 15 minutes and discussions with 3 different stewards to get permission to hang my Fev flag up? Must have been 20+ Warrington flags up behind the sticks but I was initially refused on "health and safety" grounds.

Copy of the letter Ive just sent to Warrington, perhaps if people were unhappy they shoud do the same.

When entering the terraces it became apparent that a mistake has been made not to open the West stand to away support. Maybe as a club you underestimated the demand from the away fans (perhaps you thought it

AT LAST SOMEBODY WANTS TO HELP US!!! Time to look to the future! The Only Way is UP!

sliggster1.gif

One word 'Joke', They really should have been a lot more prepared, it would have made sense to ring our club up and see how many fans we were appox taking then that stand could have been opened. We mentioned this to a warrington official who did agree with us but said it wasn't his decision, Warrington fans said this happened with the Salford game and there was abit of trouble. something needs to be done in the future.

Top letter btw.

Just to put some detail in though.

Apparently the West Stand holds 3.5k, meaning that the capacity for today's game was 9,700. That means there were almost 2,000 empty spaces.

My issue with our ground is the stewards do not do their job well enough. The design (the entrances at ground level) makes it very difficult to see spaces in the South Stand and so it seems cramped in some areas, when actually it can be well below capacity. Most Wire fans know the score and where to stand, but obviously having away fans in there needed strong stewarding.

Not defending the stewards, but the fact that the ground was only at 80% of today's capacity shows that the decision was fine, if not the execution.

Just to put some detail in though.

Apparently the West Stand holds 3.5k, meaning that the capacity for today's game was 9,700. That means there were almost 2,000 empty spaces.

My issue with our ground is the stewards do not do their job well enough. The design (the entrances at ground level) makes it very difficult to see spaces in the South Stand and so it seems cramped in some areas, when actually it can be well below capacity. Most Wire fans know the score and where to stand, but obviously having away fans in there needed strong stewarding.

Not defending the stewards, but the fact that the ground was only at 80% of today's capacity shows that the decision was fine, if not the execution.

simple solution mate, open the away end, was stood next to a young rovers fan who was very upset cause he couldnt see the game, could put the kid of the game, couldnt stand at the front cause stewards were like hawks.gave him my flatcap to cheer him up.

at the play off final at warrington last year a bloke i know wanted a fag about twenty mins into the game so when he went to toilet he noticed a fire exit open with stewards guarding it, he asked if it were ok for him to just stand outside the exit whilst he has a smoke, steward said yes, goes out has a smoke then is refused re entry, WTF is all that about. I think warrington need to look at who they employ and drum some common sense into the stewards.

Dont get me wrong , some of them were spot on, we were joking with a few of them after the game had finished when the players were doing lap of honour but we noticed another steward just down from us trying to stop a small child getting lifted over the advertising boards for a pic with brett mc, it was just for a pic and the steward wasn't having this at all, brett just lifted the kid over for the pic and fair play to him for doing so.

simple solution mate, open the away end, was stood next to a young rovers fan who was very upset cause he couldnt see the game, could put the kid of the game, couldnt stand at the front cause stewards were like hawks.gave him my flatcap to cheer him up.

Again, not trying to blindly defend the club, but just trying to add some balance. We have had a bigger crowd than this with only three stands open before.

There will have been reasons for not opening that stand, and I assume that they were due to costs. The fact that there were 2k empty spaces suggest that they were right, although like I said it sounds like the execution of it was poor.

With all due respect to the young fan you are referring to, there was always a chance that the standing area would be full, so to ensure a good view then you would have needed to get in the ground early or pay an extra couple of quid to sit down (which is what I do now). Stewards can't allow people to stand on the walkway at the front just because they can't see. Apologies if that sounds harsh.

Hope this didn;t ruin your enjoyment of your trip to Wire, but I'm just trying to add some balance to this.

Again, not trying to blindly defend the club, but just trying to add some balance. We have had a bigger crowd than this with only three stands open before.

There will have been reasons for not opening that stand, and I assume that they were due to costs. The fact that there were 2k empty spaces suggest that they were right, although like I said it sounds like the execution of it was poor.

With all due respect to the young fan you are referring to, there was always a chance that the standing area would be full, so to ensure a good view then you would have needed to get in the ground early or pay an extra couple of quid to sit down (which is what I do now). Stewards can't allow people to stand on the walkway at the front just because they can't see. Apologies if that sounds harsh.

Hope this didn;t ruin your enjoyment of your trip to Wire, but I'm just trying to add some balance to this.

Think what is trying to be said is...

Total number of spaces in total for 3 stands open.

Total number in = Sufficient

Breakdown = x standing, Y sitting.

Obviously the X was bigger than the Y on this occasion!!!!

Edited by sidnee

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Think what is trying to be said is...

Total number of spaces in total for 3 stands open.

Total number in = Sufficient

Breakdown = x standing, Y sitting.

Obviously the X was bigger than the Y on this occasion!!!!

Not really sure what you are getting at. The X is always bigger than the Y.

The stand will have only been sold to capacity, which has been reached for all of our home games so far (in the South Stand).

Not really sure what you are getting at. The X is always bigger than the Y.

The stand will have only been sold to capacity, which has been reached for all of our home games so far (in the South Stand).

When I finally found a place in the South Stand, I commented on how much space there was in the East stand (I think I've got my compass directions right) and would suggest that a good number of your 2000+ under capacity were in the seated areas. I appreciate your attempt to support the officials at your club but on this occasion they got it very wrong and 100% of the Wires' fans (and stewards) that I spoke to agreed.

The only problem I would see to opening the West stand was that I would have missed out on some excellent craic with your fans.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

When I asked one of the stewards why the stand wasnt open his reply was

"we were informed by the boss (i'll assume he was referring to Jeff) not to expect many away supporters"

the little grey haired lady who had Deputy Head Steward on her back said she had requested on numerous occasions to allow the Fev fans to move to the West Stand but Jeff's reply was NO

When I finally found a place in the South Stand, I commented on how much space there was in the East stand (I think I've got my compass directions right) and would suggest that a good number of your 2000+ under capacity were in the seated areas. I appreciate your attempt to support the officials at your club but on this occasion they got it very wrong and 100% of the Wires' fans (and stewards) that I spoke to agreed.

The only problem I would see to opening the West stand was that I would have missed out on some excellent craic with your fans.

I suppose it's best to agree to disagree then tbh mate, but I'm not sure there is an issue when a stadium is not full to capacity.

Like I have said, I'm not defending them blindly, IMHO it is the stewards that are the issue, and this has been the case on a fair few occasions - however they are the club's responsibility, irrespective of whether they are directly employed by them or not.

I was in the South Stand for the first ever game there when there was trouble fitting everyone in, yet I was stood in the far end and there was rucks of space. The stewards are terrible at being pro-active at directing fans and controlling the crowds. Considering they have cctv, it really should be easy enough to direct groups of fans to certain areas of the stand.

This stand has 4k in every week without any issues, so the stand certainly wasn't over capacity, that is why I am defending the decision (but, again, not the execution).

if it was under capacity how comes none of the stewards could find any space forall the fans that were stood in gangways stopping any exit if needed!!!

if it holds like some say so many more how comes their were many wire fans approaching the stewards to get other stand open as well!!!

in reply to an early coment about paying extra to sit down when i bought my ticket from the rovers ground in advance they had only been given seating tickets so we did not have any option!!!

the gray haired lady and a young lady with brown hair was fantastic at their job and did their best to resolve the whole situation, however the bloke with orange jacket on and badge on his arm with black jacket was only their to make the whole situation worse.

when i approached the steward to ask a sival question he called us a set of w*****s.

not helpfull and neither was mr willams he was a total joke!!!!!!!

wire fans were moved to the other stands when they asked but nothing done when we did. instead of all the stewards standing at the front of the away support why dont thy open the other end and have a guess what everyone would be able to see the game and enjoy it instead of watching the back of people and before you say anything i was there early but couldnot see much at the front as the stewrds was in the way and wouldnot move so good money wasted to watch them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response ive just recieved from Warrington for those that are intrested.

"Warrington Wolves would like to comment on allegations that the South Stand was over crowded on Sunday 18th April when the Wolves played Featherstone Rovers in the Carnegie Challenge Cup. The South Stand is licensed by Warrington Borough Council in accordance with the Green Guide

AT LAST SOMEBODY WANTS TO HELP US!!! Time to look to the future! The Only Way is UP!

sliggster1.gif

Response ive just recieved from Warrington for those that are intrested.

"Warrington Wolves would like to comment on allegations that the South Stand was over crowded on Sunday 18th April when the Wolves played Featherstone Rovers in the Carnegie Challenge Cup. The South Stand is licensed by Warrington Borough Council in accordance with the Green Guide

Cummins Out.