The Carnegie Floodlit 9s 2010

Is this taking place again this year?

If so I do hope that Gary Hetherington allows a Bradford 9s side to participate.

Plus Hull FC have the right to defend their trophy B)

Edited by Tommy The C5t

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hull FC will no doubt sweep all before them as in last year's tournament.

It's great when we give the kids a chance. :rolleyes:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

again??

you mean we've had it before......

Yes 2008 (Huddersfield) & 2009 (Hull FC).

3500 at the first event and 5000 there last year, it's a grower and I hope they plan to hold one gain this year.

Hull FC will no doubt sweep all before them as in last year's tournament.

It's great when we give the kids a chance. :rolleyes:

That try from the kick-off when the hooter had gone and Leeds had thought they had won with the drop goal, was sheer magic.

again??

you mean we've had it before......

Some teams have, be nice to see Cas there this year, although I've heard Barrow are sending a squad down... :P

It is taking place again this year.

In fact the Cheltenham 9s takes place this coming Saturday and the winners from that are guaranteed a place at Headingley in August.

I know that Warrington, Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield and Featherstone are involved this Saturday.

harumph, why I outta.... etc etc

Wow...you've really got the hang of this "+ quote" thingy now haven't you.. ;)

It is taking place again this year.

In fact the Cheltenham 9s takes place this coming Saturday and the winners from that are guaranteed a place at Headingley in August.

I know that Warrington, Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield and Featherstone are involved this Saturday.

Cheers Tom, I'll be there again now that I know it's taking place.

Hope you enjoy the 9s on Saturday.

• 1 month later...
Wednesday 25th August. hopefully a warm evening and a good crowd, get there if you can.

Don't worry I'll be there mate, I've been to the last two.

• 3 weeks later...

While I've been away this has gone undetected from my Rugby League radar.

The Carnegie Floodlit 9s on Wednesday August 25 at Headingley Carnegie Stadium in Leeds will see the finest line up of 9s Rugby talent since the World 9s in Australia in 1998.

The 12 teams:

Castleford Tigers

Hull FC

Warrington Wolves

Leeds Rhinos

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Bradford Bulls

St Helens

Wigan Warriors

Scotland

Jamaica

Wales

Northern Rail 9s Winners

Great news that Bradford are there as it looks a much better competition than previous years.

While I've been away this has gone undetected from my Rugby League radar.

The Carnegie Floodlit 9s on Wednesday August 25 at Headingley Carnegie Stadium in Leeds will see the finest line up of 9s Rugby talent since the World 9s in Australia in 1998.

The 12 teams:

Castleford Tigers

Hull FC

Warrington Wolves

Leeds Rhinos

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Bradford Bulls

St Helens

Wigan Warriors

Scotland

Jamaica

Wales

Northern Rail 9s Winners

Great news that Bradford are there as it looks a much better competition than previous years.

This event is going to get bigger and better year on year.

When sky pick up the Carnegie Floodlit 9s they wil raise the proflie of the event higher , which is good for the event and Rugby League.

Agree.

It looks like the Rugby League's fatest man sprint will be once again one of the highlights of a fun evening.

The Fastest Man Sprint will again be centre stage at this year's Carnegie Floodlit 9s

The world class athletes of Rugby League will be put to the test on Wednesday August 25 at Headingley Carnegie Stadium in Leeds.

All those who witnessed last year's thrilling cavalcade of speedsters as they swept the length of the Headingley pitch will expect a similar treat this August.

Despite the presence of Kevin Penny of Warrington Wolves and Peter Fox of Hull Kingston Rovers and England it was the Leeds Rhinos teenage prodigy Jamel Chisholm who took the honours and in so doing secured the special trophy and winner's prize money.

Event Director Neal Coupland said: "The aim is to find rugby league's fastest player and as 2009 illustrates it will not necessarily be a Super League or International star. Teams taking part in the 9s will no doubt again be holding internal sprints in order to identify their fastest player. The sprint on Nines Night is a thrilling spectacle and adds greatly to the occasion."

Event Co-director Lionel Hurst added: "The sprint concept is very topical as Rugby League in the Southern Hemisphere is also making plans to find its fastest player. No doubt at some point there will be a world challenge to decide the global outcome."

• 5 weeks later...

Just found out from James Deighton that the Carnegie Floodlit 9s 2010 draw will be made on Sunday 15th August at 5.30pm after the days Super League and Championship/Championship One games live on radio Leeds.

Please let us get Leeds, Halifax and Castleford and then St Helens in the final B)