The Carnegie Floodlit 9s 2010

It looks like my youngest lads team will be playing during the intervals, so I'll be there.

We'll have to meet up for a beer or two.

Should be a big crowd there and for those not going I'll post score updates on here again just like last year.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the draw that has just been made.

Group A

Wigan Warriors

Jamaica

Hull FC

Group B

Warrington Wolves

Halifax

St Helens

Group C

Castleford Tigers

Scotland

Bradford Bulls

Group D

Leeds Rhinos

Wales

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Group B looks interesting with Warrington playing St Helens.

Group C means a third Bradford vs Castleford game this season of which I'm sure we'll make it 2-1.

It'll be a nice little tonic before Wembley on the Saturday.

Maybe we can win something after all this season.

To anybody that is going please support Sherburn Bears u8's who will be playing during the intervals, my youngest son plays for them.

Thank you.

Is that a Leeds team?

Here is the order of play

4.00pm - Wigan Warriors vs Jamaica

4.20pm - Warrington Wolves vs Halifax

4.4Opm - Castleford Tigers vs Scotland

5.OOpm - Leeds Rhinos vs Wales

5.2Opm - Jamaica vs Hull FC

5.4Opm - Halifax vs St Helens

6.OOpm- UNDER 8s CHALLENGE MATCHES

6.2Opm - Scotland vs Bradford Bulls

6.4Opm - Wales vs Wakefield Wildcats

7.OOpm - Wigan Warriors vs Hull FC

7.2Opm - Warrington Wolves vs St Helens

7.4Opm - Castleford Tigers vs Bradford Bulls

8.OOpm - Leeds Rhinos vs Wakefield Wildcats

8.30pm - SEMI FINAL ONE

9.00pm - SEMI FINAL TWO

9.30pm - The Carnegie Floodlit 9s 2010 GRAND FINAL

The Bradford Bulls Squad is:

Halley, Platt, Finigan, Crookes, Sheriffe, Addy, Sykes, Langley, L'Estrange, Worrincy, Reardon, Kearney, Whitehead.

The Bradford Bulls Squad is:

Halley, Platt, Finigan, Crookes, Sheriffe, Addy, Sykes, Langley, L'Estrange, Worrincy, Reardon, Kearney, Whitehead.

Looks like Bradford are taking this seriously then.Leeds squad is;

Luke Ambler,Kyle Amor,Paul Mcshane,Jay Pitts,Michael Coady,Kallum Watkins,Reuben Haile,George Elliot,Liam Hood,Stevie Ward,Danny Bravo and Callum Casey.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Hull FC don't seem to be taking the defence of their trophy too seriously, very young squad with only three players who have first team experience and very little at that.

Squad: J Briscoe, Tuffour, Donkin, Swales, Williams, Smith, Pearce, Green, Crooks, Norris, Morris, Lazenby, Howlett.

http://www.hullfc.com/hullfc/contents/?p=6642

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Looks like Bradford are taking this seriously then.Leeds squad is;

Luke Ambler,Kyle Amor,Paul Mcshane,Jay Pitts,Michael Coady,Kallum Watkins,Reuben Haile,George Elliot,Liam Hood,Stevie Ward,Danny Bravo and Callum Casey.

I still call a Bradford vs Leeds final.

I won't have be able to post updates on here due to commentary duty, but I will put updates on my Twitter/Facebook.

What I will do, is text Rob the half-time, full-time scores and final placings etc so he can keep you all up to date with events at Headingley for those who can't make it.

It looks like the Rugby League's fatest man sprint will be once again one of the highlights of a fun evening.

The Fastest Man Sprint will again be centre stage at this year's Carnegie Floodlit 9s

Despite the presence of Kevin Penny of Warrington Wolves and Peter Fox of Hull Kingston Rovers and England it was the Leeds Rhinos teenage prodigy Jamel Chisholm who took the honours and in so doing secured the special trophy and winner's prize money.

Looking forward to seeing who wins that. In a recent U18's game a young winger called Danny Brotherton who's just signed a pro contract with Saints actually turned & caught Chisholm in a foot race, and this week Saints have enterd Brotherton into the fastest man race.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Looking forward to seeing who wins that. In a recent U18's game a young winger called Danny Brotherton who's just signed a pro contract with Saints actually turned & caught Chisholm in a foot race, and this week Saints have enterd Brotherton into the fastest man race.

Bradford have added young Joe Sheriffe into the Rugby League's fatest man sprint.

I'll post the result on my Twitter http://twitter.com/MICKtheGLED

Mick Gledhill wont be happy :D:D

Link :- http://www.superleague.co.uk/article.php?id=18829

Good job I'm not a spectator tomorrow tonight mate ;)

p.s Have your phone on if you want the St Helens vs Warrington updates.

Wolves squad: Kevin Penny, Rhys Williams, Chris Bridge, Chris Fleming, Rhys Evans, Gareth O'Brien, Craig Harvey, Gavin Williams, Sam Caslick, Ben Evans, James Laithwaite, Lee Mitchell, Brooke Broughton, James Mendieka, Keith Holden

So the ones in bold are the ones I'll be watching score all the points Paul?

p.s that signature is way too big :D

Saints are sending a pretty young team- a couple of these guys still play in U18's competition

Jamie Ellis, Tom Armstrong, Paul Johnson, Lee Gaskell, Jack Bradbury, Josh Jones, Warren Thompson, Carl Ashall, Scott Hale, Nathan Ashe, Andy Yates, Dave Sutton and Daniel Brotherton

Ellis only came back last week from a long term injury and Brotherton only signed for Saints this week from the amateur game

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions