best team in how many years ?

lorne mosley.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why?

If a club wants a player they can buy out the contract etc if the price is right.Hopefully this wont be the case.

"League is much, much more physical than Union, and that's before anyone starts breaking the rules."

Adrian Hadley (1988)

They can Kev, you're correct- but that's always been the case. Nothing has changed.

If Jesse is on contract, and say Wakey want him, they will have to divvy up!! Same with Zac.

That's always been the case with transfers between clubs. The bosman ruling and the length of contracts tying players to clubs not being anywhere near what they used to be, mean the

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

What really pleases me this year, apart from the outstanding performances, is the physical presence of our lads, something which we have really lacked over the past few seasons.We have really bulked up in all departments and are no longer being out-muscled by our opponents. All down to preparation behind the scenes. Well done the coaching staff.

the line speed of the defence is outstanding at the miniute and the support play also , we look like a super fit team

I think i shouted "get with him" once last night!

"League is much, much more physical than Union, and that's before anyone starts breaking the rules."

Adrian Hadley (1988)

Shows a massive credit to powell, coaching staff and players last night, i think most of us expected us to get tired in 2nd half, but after 60 mins we had only used 6 interchanges!!! Such a credit to the fitness this season.

Oh and when the little handbags from morrison in 2nd half who dived in middle acting as piecemaker????? only TONY TONKS!!!! not long ago he would have been in there head down fists flying, but he seems to have got his agression challanged well!!

I love fev B)

voohli.jpg

I would like to think that the coaching staff will like to see a job done before having their heads turned by other offers and as someone alluded to earlier a player can earn more having a job and playing for Fev rather than going full time with the likes of Cas Wakey or Salford. With the plans for the ground about to go ahead its exciting times at Fev and well done too to the hard working board of directors who make watching Fev a great pleasure at the moment. To be realistic winning won't last forever and even in defeat last week there was a tremendous pride which radiated from the players through to the large following of fans

I don't want to worry anyone, but I think this is the best team within the division it is playing since 1976.......This was the team that was on course to win the double before Phil Butler's injury in the semi at Swinton. Then John Newlove was injured for the penultimate game against Hull KR and we ended up being pipped for the Championship, and finished the season without a trophy. I thought this side under Tommy Smales was better than the one that won the League a year later. The quarter final demolition of Leeds was the finest display I have ever seen, but the recent thrashings of Halifax and Keighley come very close- They are even moving the ball about like Tommy Smales' side.

Injuries to key players, however, can ruin a teams aspirations, although we seem to be well covered in all departments this year. I hope and pray that Finn stays fit because he would be the hardest to replace.

Injuries to key players, however, can ruin a teams aspirations, although we seem to be well covered in all departments this year. I hope and pray that Finn stays fit because he would be the hardest to replace.

We have been lucky on the injury front this season (touch wood). The beauty of our squad this season though is that the people who are left out one week just seem to come in the following week without disrupting the strengh, confidence or structure of the team.

I agree Finn is very important to the team but we do have Briggs/Kain/Dobek/Kaye/Lee who are interchangeable to cover 6,7 & 9. When was the last time we had so many options for the pivot positions?

They can Kev, you're correct- but that's always been the case. Nothing has changed.

If Jesse is on contract, and say Wakey want him, they will have to divvy up!! Same with Zac.

That's always been the case with transfers between clubs. The bosman ruling and the length of contracts tying players to clubs not being anywhere near what they used to be, mean the

Def Since 1902

But Is It A Case Of The Fev Teams Over The last 108 Years Been Poor Making This Current Team Look Good :lol::lol:

We weren't that poor in '77' mate. When we won something that you lot have never done.

Edited by Andrew Vause

Appologies Coolie that'll be 72 then. By the way got the makings of a great squad this year too.

lol excepted mate

watched the game thursday,cant see anybody touching you this season,you looked a very good tight unit,fatboy finn had so much time to weave his magic...looking good for you this season..but on the other hand..for what youll never get super league as long as wakey & cas are around,but apart from that

its a good feeling to see ya team doing well..so enjoy it while it lasts B)B)

I've been watching FEV since i moved here in 1989. And whilst we are not playing in the top league for me this team is the most complete one i've seen. True we have no Newlove, Tuuta or Divet etc but this team appears to me to have no weak links.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

I've been watching FEV since i moved here in 1989. And whilst we are not playing in the top league for me this team is the most complete one i've seen. True we have no Newlove, Tuuta or Divet etc but this team appears to me to have no weak links.

Interesting one that DMS. You mentioned Divet. A massive underachiever, he was part of the high maintenence 94/95 team that got to the cc cup semis, but finished so low in the league that we ended up in the Sl/NL auction that we eventually lost.

been following fev all my life, and this is the best team i can remember

Keiron (sp) in my opinion, and your dad knows far more than I could ever know about Fev, but they are on about on a par with the 92/93 team in terms of superiority in my opinion. This year it is us, Barrow, Widnes and Leigh for ultimate top dog whereas in terms of superiority it was only us and Oldham in 92/93. We nearly got 1000 points that year think it was about 996/998.

Interesting one that DMS. You mentioned Divet. A massive underachiever, he was part of the high maintenence 94/95 team that got to the cc cup semis, but finished so low in the league that we ended up in the Sl/NL auction that we eventually lost.

Agree mate about Divet but when he was on he was the best second rower in the game. To be fair that team were nearly all under-achievers.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"