Referee

Have to say I agree with most of the "genuine" posters on here, ie. those not gloating but contributing effectively to the conversation.

Rovers didn't play well, they lacked discipline and original thinking. The ref at the time didn't seem overly brilliant but Featherstone gave him the opportunity to blow his whistle and he took advantage of that! If you're going to make mistakes or do something completely stupid (ie, taking a swipe at a player away from play and infront of the touch judge) you're going to give the ball away, it's common sense in this game. Taking drive after drive down the center of the field into Toulouse' big and fast footed forwards is not going to score you tries either. Sorry lads but its true, Rovers lacked leadership and a bit of innovative play. I'm a Rovers supporter and their display was nothing more than disappointing last night.

I look forward to seeing the SKY recording.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEARMAN not very well it seems but you can't hold that against me I was born in coventry and now live near Derby but please feel free to rip apart anything I may post on here infact why not explain whats wrong with my post? Or are you just trolling?

Full stops, Commas, Capitals Etc. Basic English.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

For me we were 2nd best in the forward line(and we havent come 2nd too often if at all this season).....when we did throw the ball out like with zacs trys and the last play of the game, we looked threatening, which begs the question why we didnt do it more? like frank says better handling right on our line would have given them a few more pts.....I dont need to see the tv version to see our discipline could be better in saying that, the last couple of games have shown an 'unwillingness' by the refs to let the game flow and whistle at every opportunity. We came out 2nd best last night, we now need to show that the previous 8 wins was no fluke and give us another 8 from 9. Grayshon has been missed these last few games in my opinion. A crowd of 2200(all fev) show that a winning team(that plays good stuff also) can bring 'em back.....long may it continue.

Edited by Sportbilly

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

Full stops, Commas, Capitals Etc. Basic English.

maybe thats because i do my posting from my mobile and it's quicker to just write it and post with out checking for grammer, i thought this was a rugby league forum not an english language forum, so sorry if i offended anybody with my non grammer post PS vic maybe when you speak to my father next you could ask him to give me a few lessons on writing propper englishhh :lol:

am i bovvered

maybe thats because i do my posting from my mobile and it's quicker to just write it and post with out checking for grammer, i thought this was a rugby league forum not an english language forum, so sorry if i offended anybody with my non grammer post PS vic maybe when you speak to my father next you could ask him to give me a few lessons on writing propper englishhh :lol:

I thort I'd tort thee to rite rate,(comma) mind thee thas from Coventry (comma)and tha lives in't Staffordshire (comma) so thas bound to be a bit behind int tha? (question mark)

Stick to the thread please, and it is not about writing the Queens English, it is about giving your thoughts and not insulting other posters for their different views.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

What i think set the pressident for the game was when the ref gave a forrad pass with our first touch of the ball from the kick off, which was debatable, then straight after he penalises us for not standing square when we were square, then they scored from a forrad pass one minute later! That for me set the tone to the players! 3 real bad decisions against us in less than two minutes- not the best start from a ref! We did have an off day but i can see how it was pretty easy to have one with refereeing like that! Poor stuff for this level of the game! Those kind of calls get into the players heads, we had some poor calls against us last week and weve had a few this week too. Lets just hope someone takes note, i want to see some Rugby played not listen to some pedandic twerp blowing his whistle all afternoon.

We cannot complain too much about last night. we grumble and groan about this that and the other. Both side coughed the ball up many times in what was an abismal evening.

Yes the ref missed the French not standing square at the play the ball, the French saw they could get awy with it and exploited this. (as mentioned by the French last night in perfect Austrailian),we missed out on this by not swinging the ball out the otherway and nmssing the overlap opportunity.

Full credit to the team for not completley losing it, i am sure this might have happened in our recent past.

It is not nice to see fev lose, the players will be miffed at loosing at home. Daryl, the best coach we have had in many years will sort the team out and move on. The battle lost but the war has not been lost

Attendance 2222 predicted spot on in an earlier thread is impressive. great to see lots of youngsters present , surley many will come back.

well done BOD for pushing the club forward, keep pushing as when we stand still others overtake.

Has last night dampened my enthusiasm for fev, no, my resolve no.

Yes my doctor does say i wear rose coloured glasses. More like Blue and White.

no rugby games on at all last night every ref in country to choose from-they choose one who has leiogh affiliaytions via his father= questionable

he defenitely leaned to the french team for some reason we werent at 100 % but hey

two footed stud showing lunge on hardman resuklts in hardman gettinf atelling off for daring to react-

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

My quick thoughts on the game unbiased i assure you. Feth had the worst of the weather playing downhill and didn't get enough points on the board second half out gunned in the collision which put you under pressure which resulted in pens conceded. Weather was far better for attacking down the slope and Toulouse made it count, on the ref issue 2 poor decisions 1 when your winger pushed his opposite number away and conceded a pen and the other when Morrison off loaded when the ref called held which was marginal otherwise they were up for it and just edged it nothing you can do but forget it and win the rest of your games simple feth are a good unit so blaming the ref out of frustration was silly. :dry::dry:

chappy

grow up. you had not a bad game. show a bit of grace in defeat. when you beat barra you got a lot of plaudits and we never blamed ref .infact that was a try when pulled for double movement. its a long season .

who are you kidding (GROW UP) the referee was the worst i have ever seen and if you dont think that then you must not watch any good games with any good refs so wat im saying is the referee was so rubbish he must be a amature

jamie

I thort I'd tort thee to rite rate,(comma) mind thee thas from Coventry (comma)and tha lives in't Staffordshire (comma) so thas bound to be a bit behind int tha? (question mark)

Stick to the thread please, and it is not about writing the Queens English, it is about giving your thoughts and not insulting other posters for their different views.

sorryyourrightyoudontneedanystructureorgrammaticalrulestowriteinengli#######justme

callmeanoldfashionedpedant

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

sorryyourrightyoudontneedanystructureorgrammaticalrulestowriteinengli#######justme

callmeanoldfashionedpedant

you're an old fashioned pedant. how's that.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Couldnt agree more with the point above, we have let in a few tries when they scoot over from dummy half close to line, thats very basic poor rugby defense i know powell wont be happy.

We lost, we will lose again but im proud that this season the home crowd attendance has doubled we are now getting over 2000 home fans which is brilliant, lets keep getting down and supporting the lads

Well said Sir. A good and true attitude.

It's a long hard season and very close at the top.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

BEARMAN Old fashioned maybe, but tell me why my post? Are all the other posts grammatically correct? Or have I upset you? or is it that your so unhappy in your own little world you just want spread the misery around? Please stop commenting on things that really should'nt matter,the reason we post on here is to talk about our game and teams not to write an essay to be marked on their grammer

am i bovvered

If you read my report I accept that the best side won last night but to say that the TV supports the referees decisions is rubbish.

I've watched it on Sky and on the club DVD. I've put just a couple of decisions on the video on the site but could have chosen quite a few more. These are not hairline decisions where you accept that refereeing is a difficult job. These are obvious errors. I was in line with both these PTBs and the markers couldn't have been more in line. There were later examples where I could have walked between the markers without rubbing shoulders and he ignored them.

I repeat that, especially in the second half, Toulouse bossed the ruck and in the end this gave them the points but this season we have been noted for the speed of our defensive line and when the calls are as inconsistent as they were last night it removes the confidence to go and close the gap.

Rant over.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

I've put just a couple of decisions on the video on the site #

Anyone who thinks that all our grumbling about the ref are just sour grapes cos we've been beat should go take a look at the video you posted on our site, as you say you picked just two of a catalogue of inconsistancies. I don't go in for blaming the ref when we lose, but the reason we looked as poor as we did was because Mr TurLEIGH made sure we were kept well out of it.

But onwards and upwards and, as some of the players said last night, we've got a job to do down there in two weeks time, and in (hopefully) drier conditions with a fair crack at it I feel sure we can.

Edited by A_Falkiner

Fev's motto: "Consilio et Animis" - By Wisdom & Courage

C*s' motto: "Quod est Aedificemus Anno Altero" - We'll build it next year

There's also one in the first minute of the game Stuart that let to their first try thats just the same as those two on the feed on the main site! I feel disgusted by the ineptitude of these decisions, they seem sinister to me! You cant get that many so blatantly wrong by accident!!

I'm feeling weve been cheated more and more by each passing day! funny how the gloaters have dissapeared now weve gota case of a "bent ref" on video, ive never seen that level of dishonesty before by an official and im struggling to absorb it into my brain! What have we got if the games bent? which on this video evidence it surely is as it's there for all to see. I thought Thalers decision was bad against Catalans some years back but this joker takes the biscuit! We need to compile a clip of all his penalties against us and forward it to the match commisioner, this can't be allowed to happen again! can we get this game replayed? as we were robbed!!

BEARMAN Old fashioned maybe, but tell me why my post? Are all the other posts grammatically correct? Or have I upset you? or is it that your so unhappy in your own little world you just want spread the misery around? Please stop commenting on things that really should'nt matter,the reason we post on here is to talk about our game and teams not to write an essay to be marked on their grammer

But it is important and the rules are there to make it easy to read.

It's clear you don't think that is important and that's fine. However, this forum is conducted in English and I happen to think that our language is worth protecting as it's probably our greatest contribution to world culture (after rugby league of course!)

I apologise if you think I was having a go at you personally. Really I was just trying to maintain a standard.

Having read your posts it's clear you have got a grasp of the correct use of English. (It might be worth you checking the spelling of Grammar though.)

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

If you read my report I accept that the best side won last night but to say that the TV supports the referees decisions is rubbish.

I've watched it on Sky and on the club DVD. I've put just a couple of decisions on the video on the site but could have chosen quite a few more. These are not hairline decisions where you accept that refereeing is a difficult job. These are obvious errors. I was in line with both these PTBs and the markers couldn't have been more in line. There were later examples where I could have walked between the markers without rubbing shoulders and he ignored them.

I repeat that, especially in the second half, Toulouse bossed the ruck and in the end this gave them the points but this season we have been noted for the speed of our defensive line and when the calls are as inconsistent as they were last night it removes the confidence to go and close the gap.

Rant over.

I haven't found your report yet? Gi' us a clue.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

we see what you think! You have posted your thoughts. However, it is not a requirement of this forum that all posts should be punctuated correctly or that a required standard of english is required. If you feel there should be, please refer your thoughts to the admin team. You do not police this forum and such comments are unnecessary. But you knew that didn't you! What an oaf.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

But it is important and the rules are there to make it easy to read.

It's clear you don't think that is important and that's fine. However, this forum is conducted in English and I happen to think that our language is worth protecting as it's probably our greatest contribution to world culture (after rugby league of course!)

I apologise if you think I was having a go at you personally. Really I was just trying to maintain a standard.

Having read your posts it's clear you have got a grasp of the correct use of English. (It might be worth you checking the spelling of Grammar though.)

Bearman, you don't need parenthesis at the end. It is a new sentence. I also think you could also use a small "g" when using the word grammar.

Bottom line is it's not nice having a go at people for their grammar etc. is it? Especially when none of us are whiter than white in that field.

I'm feeling weve been cheated more and more by each passing day! funny how the gloaters have dissapeared now weve gota case of a "bent ref" on video, ive never seen that level of dishonesty before by an official and im struggling to absorb it into my brain! What have we got if the games bent? which on this video evidence it surely is as it's there for all to see. I thought Thalers decision was bad against Catalans some years back but this joker takes the biscuit! We need to compile a clip of all his penalties against us and forward it to the match commisioner, this can't be allowed to happen again! can we get this game replayed? as we were robbed!!

I don't actually subscribe to the conspirancy theory. I don't think the lad on Thursday was in any way 'bent'. I just think that he is not yet experienced enough to take this level of rugby.

The trouble on Thursday was that we came up against a big strong team that were difficult to stop from 10 metres whereas Fev tend now to score from all over the park with many tries starting in our own half.

If penalties are given inconsistently to both sides so that the players don't really know how to prevent them, this favours the team that needs to be close to the line to score. The two PTB incidents that I highlighted in the video both led to tries from acting half. Agreed, we should have been good enough to stop them, but without the penalties the acting half would have been flopping over the half way line to plant the ball.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

Watched it again and still feel the same. If he'd have given the correct desisions then we would have been good enough to win, simple as that! He cost us, but lets bounce back now.

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...