1. 1. Win , Lose or Draw

• Leigh To Win
    • Featherstone To Win
    • Draw

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick big well done. By far the better team tonight. great defence and sharper on attack. Leigh did well to get the bonus point. I have to say that I thought you copped the rough end of many refereeing decisions too! Mind you we've had that from him in two games recently, so perhaps he felt we were due to be the beneficiary of some baffling decisions for a change. ;) The sin-binning of the sub who was waiting to come on, was the pettiest decision I have ever seen!

So, no complaints about being beaten by a good, honest team. Well done. Roll on the return!

That is a top and gracious post. We were talking to two Leigh blokes on the way out and gave nothing but praise for Fev. It was hilarious though to see Millward pleading with the ref for Nanyn to re tke his missed kick, he then sent on the fourth official.

Bombed 2 good chances in the first half but had limited possession, A leigh fan said we had the game won at half time, as Leigh tried the tactics they deployed against widnes and it failed, widnes came out to smash paul everytime whereas we let him run across the line and do his poor inside pass, resulting in them going nowhere

We took our chances in the 2nd half when they came our way and barring a sloppy last 5 mins we were good value for the win, the table doesnt lie, were halfway through and we sit at the top

Grayshon returning was a big plus and it showed, in my opinion that was our best 17 out there tonight however maybe not playing in those posistions

Leigh fans gracious in defeat

Hope Dale is ok

Also what happened to everyone standing behind the sticks??? there was only 8 of us, hope we were seen, we even outsung the leigh fans at one point

woo i was another one of the 8 behind the sticks :D Was great when we scored the leigh fans just looked at us, apart from one idiot who moaned about every tackle, offside markers not square etc yet didnt know the basic of trousers as he had his builders bum on show!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still think steel in 1st half he got ball down, and late in 2nd when hardman mis-judged a high ball and robbie paul looked certain to score, it was a brilliant tackle to hold him up.

I wasnt cofident but the lads proved me wrong, just wish i was going to toulouse!!!!!

voohli.jpg

Also what happened to everyone standing behind the sticks??? there was only 8 of us, hope we were seen, we even outsung the leigh fans at one point once everyone had gone home

Typo fixed ;)

Only kidding, very impressive support from Fev tonight, our lot were far too nervous to make too much of a racket I reckon. Shame really as the crowd have really got behind the lads when they've needed it during this season.

lol we must have been heard, we got the f off back to yorkshire chant

Aye, you did to be fair. You got a great view of Hardman's game saver anyroad!

Would have been completely undeserved had we scored from that kick and gone on to win it, by the way.

Aye, you did to be fair. You got a great view of Hardman's game saver anyroad!

Would have been completely undeserved had we scored from that kick and gone on to win it, by the way.

always honest matt

you clearly wernt the bloke prodding my shoulder (while i was stood at the trough taking a pee by the way) saying we were cheating because one man couldnt hold up another haha bless him

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

always honest matt

you clearly wernt the bloke prodding my shoulder (while i was stood at the trough taking a pee by the way) saying we were cheating because one man couldnt hold up another haha bless him

:lol: Definitely not me!

Think we have our fair share of moaners and bampots at Leyth, saw two women at the end of the game having a right barney to each other about Hicks, but he was just as bad for either side. I'm just happy that he isn't anything to do with our game at Whitehaven, as bar our game against the Smogs last week he has either been reffing or running the line in the past 6 RL games I've seen in the flesh!

I have posted a poll on the Express Forum regarding standards of refereeing and if thy have improved under the leadership of Mr Cummings if anyone wants have their say after another puzzling display from tonights official. Tried posting it on the Guest Room Q n A thread but it wont let anyone vote due to the nature of the thread. We are allowed our opinion on clubs, players and each other but wonder if will be allowed to vote on if the man in charge of referees is doing his job correctly.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

Tackling was superb tonight. Someone, don't know who, but someone flattened Nanyn with a superb tackle and again he copped one in the second half. We were OK in attack today, a lot of position and possesion denied by penalties and the occasional non completion. We were under the cosh a bit in the first half with 3 drop outs from under the posts.

The forwards put a real stint in and a good shift from Hardman, Saxton and Welham in the backs. We missed the pace of Hardaker today as there was occasion when we had 3 clean breaks from turnover at long range, and no one got further than just over the half way line.

Still a really good performance and a good turnout by the 400 or so Fev fans.

Edited by Andrew Vause

Just got home im shattered but what a game! Well I have to say the Leigh fans were more gracious in defeat than the moaning widnes lot. It was a cracking game nerve wracking and the win was deserved. well done lads and powell who got the tactics just right. Hicks had a stinker he was ###### tonight I feel he missed some howlers again but we won so it doesnt feel as bitter as usual!

COME ON ROVERS!!!

UP THE ROVERS!

Well done to all from Fev.The players, DP, Back room staff but also to the Fans . We took a bit of stick, especially the coach driver on the Blue lagoon bus and those who had a few harmless spit spats after the match (But we all spout out a bit in defeat ).

Thanks to the leigh fans for being so gracefull ( too many games) in defeat. I carn't make this weekend So i hope we win and BY G*d it's great being a Rovers fan !!

Well done to all from Fev.The players, DP, Back room staff but also to the Fans . We took a bit of stick, especially the coach driver on the Blue lagoon bus and those who had a few harmless spit spats after the match (But we all spout out a bit in defeat ).

Thanks to the leigh fans for being so gracefull ( too many games) in defeat. I carn't make this weekend So i hope we win and BY G*d it's great being a Rovers fan !!

Well said Tim. I think Getting Daryl Powell has turned this club right round. The whole coaching staff give so much time and energy into producing results like tonight that I am just so proud and thankful to them all. It's just great to be a part of Fev.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

Sore throat? Yes, lost voice? Yes, knackered? Yes, at work? Yes, worth it? Oh YES

walked into the pit this morning with my fev shirt on, proud as a cas fan on dole day!

Can't believe Leigh fans are complaining about hicks! He gave em everything!

Up the rovers

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

After having had a night to reflect on things, it's odd that I don't feel bad about losing! (usually I hate it!) There was nothing controversial about being beaten, when the winners were clearly the better team and thoroughly deserved to win. I suspect we were a bit jaded, but am sure that wouldn't have mattered against a 'lesser' team.

Still, there's a long way to go yet and plenty of cracking games to enjoy. So, here's looking forward to coming to Post Office Road. (I refuse to acknowledge the new name! ;) )

What a cracking game, full of incidents and end to end rugby. Thought i was gonna have a heart attack towards the end of the game. Thought we deserved the victory, we were just that bit better in all departments. It was my first time to LSV and i think it's a cracking ground. Stewards are petty minded #### but that's not Leighs fault. What the stadium does lack is a soul, hopefully this will come with time but for me it's a bit of a souless place especially the outside bar which is dull and un-interesting. Thought the Leigh fans were a bit quiet but they were maybe like me, too nervous to sing. All in all though an excellent day out and a great result.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

It would appear that there is hardly a post on the Leigh forum that a) doesn't complement us on how well Fev played and B) mention "how tired they were"!

It's a wonder young Nanyn didn't get ligged out and have a nap for ten minutes during the game considering how tired he was reported to be!! :D:D

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

It would appear that there is hardly a post on the Leigh forum that a) doesn't complement us on how well Fev played and B) mention "how tired they were"!

It's a wonder young Nanyn didn't get ligged out and have a nap for ten minutes during the game considering how tired he was reported to be!! :D:D

You can bet they are tired now tell em.

Daryl Powell and the coaching staff got this spot on. Learned by thier mistakes they made against Toulouse. Some of the passing moves in the second half were awesome.A fully professional performance. Powell has brought something special to this club. He's brought self belief into the players. They will get beat on occasions like most teams but their workrate cannot be faulted. The pass from Kyle to JJP for his try was worth every penny of the admittance money alone. The workrate of Grayshon in particular. The running of Saxton and Welham. And the attitude in defence of all the players when we was under the cosh of a barrage of first half penalties was immense. The tackle of Hardman on Paul over the line when things looked iffy. What a game and what a team. Yes and Leigh did play a part in a very good game....... THERE.. I'M THRILLED TO BITS :P:P:P:P:P

We were rubbish and the best team on the night won......3 games in 9 days showed but no excuses - far too good for us tonight.

Well done

Is it my mathematics or yours that are wrong Leigh played Friday then Thursday then Tuesday Friday to Thursday 6 days Thursday to Tuesday 5 days = 11 days No more than a team playing a Sky game really and after all the game against Bradford would have brought in some prize money for you.

All teams have to make do it wasn't Featherstones fault that they had 12 days off it was the Ash Cloud as Toulouse could not travel so last minute arrangements were made to bring forward the Keighley game. Of course an extra day off would have been good for you I don't dispute that. However, Featherstone have to make the journey to the South of France at the end of the week so they have to have some help. I know that Leigh didn't get any for their trip to Limoux and that was wrong because if you had been a French team, the RFL would have postponed your game until you felt able to play (but only if you were French). :rolleyes:

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.