Sky Sports nostalgia

Just been watching the Sky Sports "Battle for the Super League (1996)" dvd and the intro music had me going, my dad was sat laughing in the chair as it came up with the system activate icon.

The original super league sky sports intro

Give me the above over the Frankie Goes To Hollywood one that's used now, although I used to like the big league intro for skysports games (1994) --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMyMm3MPmDo.

On YouTube there is also the one from 2004(+) [it says] where there are dudes running round a steel mill.

There was also the intro inbetween yours and the one I mention where 3 or 4 players, including Leon Pryce and Terry Newton I think, were stood being 'scanned'... however I haven't seen this on YouTube

I really like the current one.

I always like

which I think they may still use.

Edit: The one before the current one had this music Lostprophets - Start Something.

Edited by hindle xiii

On YouTube there is also the one from 2004(+) [it says] where there are dudes running round a steel mill.

There was also the intro inbetween yours and the one I mention where 3 or 4 players, including Leon Pryce and Terry Newton I think, were stood being 'scanned'... however I haven't seen this on YouTube

I really like the current one.

I always like

which I think they may still use.

Edit: The one before the current one had this music Lostprophets - Start Something.

The classic Sky Sports Super League anthem, Carpe Diem by edrenalin, is now available as an MP3 download on Amazon.co.uk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carpe-Diem/dp/B003...1448&sr=1-1

I always found the player shots just after the introduction of the big screen were upon scoring a try you saw them sat on what must have been an exercise bike head bobbing up and down like a Churchill dog!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Another Old Sky Intro -

They should bring that music back to their try replays. The modern version is rubbish!

Amen to that mate and a good find, I can just about remember the 93/94 intro, oh the days of fighting off my mum to keep control of the remote just so I could watch the live Rugby League games on Sky.