Bottom falling out of Leighs push

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from a rain sodden trip to Filey, the only thing that made me smile was to see the result on thurs night..Boy its good to get back to the forum and all the banter. i met one bloke who gave me the full history of Scarbrough R.L and said that they may have been mergerd with Rovers ???? ( think not ! )

Even if Leigh do reach the National Rail final.I do not see how Leigh can have any chance of getting a Super League franchise.The Rugby League should give the licence to the team that ticks the boxes and have also been consistantly successful over the three seasons i.e finishing in the top six in every season should be an absolute minimum of obtaining a Super League franchise.

The Leigh situation appears simillar to Doncaster and Oldham(2 clubs who have recently been in administration).Clubs who rent there ground and spent alot more money on wages then the amount of money they are bringing in.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

Even if Leigh do reach the National Rail final.I do not see how Leigh can have any chance of getting a Super League franchise.The Rugby League should give the licence to the team that ticks the boxes and have also been consistantly successful over the three seasons i.e finishing in the top six in every season should be an absolute minimum of obtaining a Super League franchise.

The Leigh situation appears simillar to Doncaster and Oldham(2 clubs who have recently been in administration).Clubs who rent there ground and spent alot more money on wages then the amount of money they are bringing in.

It's not Leighs ground to rent, how do you know what the wage bill is, and whether or not we have a chance of getting a license is thankfully not up to you

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

BLESS ................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

STUFF TICKING BOXES PAL, PROMOTION/RELEGATION IS WHAT PROPER SPORT IS ABOUT

But i am looking forward to a day out in Blackpool ! (hopefully)

Fully deserved win for Batley - we didn't have a single half back on the field yesterday and it showed.

Would hope for summat completely different on Thursday, but the Dogs will certainly have their tails up (excuse the pun) after such a performance.

Still can't believe this tosh about our non-relegation is still coming up - not only was it proven that Gateshead had effectively cheated their way to safety by going an infinite number of times over the salary cap, but they requested to be relegated anyway! I bet Batley's chairman will be pleased they were playing Leyth and not Gateshead anyroad as there can't have been many more than 5-600 home fans, which is a huge shame as the Mount is one of my favourite trips of the year.

And as this is the Fev board and not the Leigh-Batley board, Rovers have got the title sewn up now, I reckon. Think we were the only ones who could have posed a serious threat to top spot, but we're now finding to our cost our lack of strength in depth in certain positions.

i think Leigh are very much like Fev. for years they have produced some terrific players in their area, only for their bigger neighbours to come along and cherry pick them. like us, they used to get 2 or 3 seasons out of them before selling them on out of financial necessity. now however, the the big clubs are taking these lads onto their scholarships ,making life very difficult for the club. i think that with the new scholarship system life is going to get even tougher for the the likes of Fev and Leigh. diamonds like Zak Hardacre will be even rarer.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Also for what its worth, I agree that its Barrow we have to worry about in the league, thou hope fully our lighter fixture schedule will keep us fresh and on top.

If you put it in mathematical context Barrow's task is extremely difficult if they want to overall us.

If we Beat Barrow, we only need to beat two other teams and get two further bonus points to finish above them, that's assuming Barrow win all of their other fixtures.

Our fixtures are Leigh, Barrow, Sheffield and Widnes at home, Batley, Whitehaven and Keighley away. I think we could manage at least two wins and get two bonus points from the remaining fixtures.

Edited by Andrew Vause

If you put it in mathematical context Barrow's task is extremely difficult if they want to overall us.

If we Beat Barrow, we only need to beat two other teams and get two further bonus points to finish above them, that's assuming Barrow win all of their other fixtures.

Our fixtures are Leigh, Barrow, Sheffield and Widnes at home, Batley, Whitehaven and Keighley away. I think we could manage at least two wins and get two bonus points from the remaining fixtures.

good thinking, but irrelevent as Barrow at home is our very last fixture

it might all be over with by then

we can go all the way now - a push till the seasons end-no easy matches but all winable if our attitude remains focussed which im sure dp will attend to

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

I was talking to some Leigh fan's who said they weren't bothered about the league now, they thought it was too much to topple fev. They were concentrating on Thursday's final when I was told Robbie Paul and a few other's are back.

Just got back from a rain sodden trip to Filey, the only thing that made me smile was to see the result on thurs night..Boy its good to get back to the forum and all the banter. i met one bloke who gave me the full history of Scarbrough R.L and said that they may have been mergerd with Rovers ???? ( think not ! )

So who spent the merger money then? Come on, own up!!