New Signing - Dwayne Straugheir

daz

it'll "focus" the mind of those who's contract might be up at the end of the season now that there's extra competition!!!

Particularly if they aren't selected for 75% of the games!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

it'll "focus" the mind of those who's contract might be up at the end of the season now that there's extra competition!!!

Particularly if they aren't selected for 75% of the games!!

come on Robin,give us a clue.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Think Rob is referring to coady, who has had a so-so season with us. I would have thought he may be a replacement for JJP next season, brought in now to sharpen people up by pushing for places. Does anyone know what this bloke is like?

I thought Smeaton was line dup to come through the centres next year so I'm pretyy suprised by this.

UP THE ROVERS!

Didnt someone say Daryl wasnt impressed about JJP signing for Wakey? He may have brought a new player in so Jesse cant fulfil his 75% of games played to fulfill his visa requirements to enable him to stay for another club next year. Only a guess so dont shoot me at sunrise

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

Think Rob is referring to coady, who has had a so-so season with us. I would have thought he may be a replacement for JJP next season, brought in now to sharpen people up by pushing for places. Does anyone know what this bloke is like?

I thought Smeaton was line dup to come through the centres next year so I'm pretyy suprised by this.

But if we lose Parker and Coady (who I know as mainly played wing but is supposed to be a centre) then we've no cover at centre. Makes sense to have a look at someone who might be available next year, could turn out to be another Welham.

Pure Green Heaven, Hammonds Mint Sauce

Can't see DP leaving Jesse out of the team just because he's signed for Wakefield unless Jesse doesn't perform to his usual standard on the pitch.I could see him sitting Jesse down and telling him what he thinks if he's not happy.

Haven't we also signed Patterson. He is a three quarter. I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse has had his last game, but what about having a go for Demitriou. One to Wakey out one from Wakey in.

Haven't we also signed Patterson. He is a three quarter. I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse has had his last game, but what about having a go for Demitriou. One to Wakey out one from Wakey in.

Patterson is a pivot - 13 is his prefered position. In the 2 games he's played for us in the reserves, that's where he's played. He did play for widnes against us in the centre covering for injuries. Andy Kirk took him apart! From what I've seen so far, he looks very unfit and will need time to get upto the pace of what is required if he is to even think about making the squad.

demetriou?? 35 wi knackered knees??? No thanks colin! Nowhere near as good as what we currently have.

Patterson is a pivot - 13 is his prefered position. In the 2 games he's played for us in the reserves, that's where he's played. He did play for widnes against us in the centre covering for injuries. Andy Kirk took him apart! From what I've seen so far, he looks very unfit and will need time to get upto the pace of what is required if he is to even think about making the squad.

demetriou?? 35 wi knackered knees??? No thanks colin! Nowhere near as good as what we currently have.

Patterson is a pivot, and if he doesnt out pivot his opposition he will end up losing his jumper & be sat in the sheds before he knows it.

Fev Rovers announcing a new signing, on loan from Bradford for rest of season - Ive never heard of him but i dont follow the Bulls. He plays Centre so they say. Who will he replace for the last few games???

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article.php?id=1994

A Normanton Knight Junior, Same age group as J Westerman, T Briscoe, R Owen, L Watts and the like.

Looks a big lad for a centre in league express

all this speculation regarding the loan signing from the bulls is good but personally i believe in dp's judgement so far he has been very good with his assembly of the squad.

colin nick

mr colin nicholson

We will be signing Senior again for next season for the centre wont we. There is another good centre in our league playing with a club that may(may not get relegated ) and would want to stay in this division if they did i would think.

Not speculation, is fact. Check the website!

i ws refering to the reason why dp has signed the player as i have already said i back his judgement 100% ( i was not speculating whether or not he had he had signed the player) i had the impression that certain members of the forum were not totally in favour of the move.

colin nick

mr colin nicholson

well, for the mo at least, he's moved from Bradford reserves where he's played for 4 years, (no loan deals, no 1st team appearances) to Fev reserves. As yet, that's it!!!! He hasn't arrived with whistles and bells and promises of world domination.

He will now get an opportunity to make a name for himself. If he's the business, we'll soon see. If he isn't, he goes back.

Barring the odd exception (Bell, Barker - which didn't really work out for either for massively different reason), judgement on recruitment has been excellent - the evidence is in the results this season.

I hope it comes off for the lad! We'll see.

Surely it's just another case, like Paterson, whereby he costs little or nothing and is being looked at for the future? What's the harm? Why does there have to be ulterior motives?

We'd all like to to have tried more before we bought wouldn't we!

Surely it's just another case, like Paterson, whereby he costs little or nothing and is being looked at for the future? What's the harm? Why does there have to be ulterior motives?

We'd all like to to have tried more before we bought wouldn't we!

Bang on 2010! We'll get the chance to see how he goes. If it works out for us and he's been a well kept secret it's to our advantage. If not, it's cost nowt. Win win!!

Edited by Robin Evans

Bang on 2010! We'll get the chance to see how he goes. If it works out for us and he's been a well kept secret it's to our advantage. If not, it's cost nowt. Win win!!

New nickname then for Demitirou - KK. If he's old to boot Robin then he is either old knackered knees i.e OKK which means he is alright or knackered knees old KKO indicationg he is ready to be kicked out or knocked out. Just the way my poor old mind works. Bring on the straight jacket.

Not speculation, is fact. Check the website!

as it goes i meant by all accounts he played well, i am well aware he scored 2 tries.

however scoring 2 tries doesn't automatically mean he had a good all round game

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

as it goes i meant by all accounts he played well, i am well aware he scored 2 tries.

Match report is wrong. He actually got just the one try in the opening minutes. Chris Parker got the second one credited to Duane, his second overall.

Also Duane played in the second row and not in the centres. Nevertheless, a big lad with plenty of promise and he fitted well into a good young side.

Ian Bell scored 3 v Donny!! :wacko:

I am quite sure that if he has potential to play at this level, Daryl will unlock it.

Just hope if he does, we get to keep him and not send him back to the Bulls :rolleyes:

The weak conform, the strong survive.