Widnes Game

lingard

Why are we kicking off at 1pm when it's the middle of summer? It is going to be up to 30 degrees. Perhaps an evening kick off would have been a better idea.

Or have I missed something Lorne.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

Tell ya what. . Why don't we just make threads about the widnes game and cover the whole forum

why was my initial one locked?

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

why was my initial one locked?

thought that misen mart.....who ever did it could at least give a reason why!!

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

I strongly disagree. This is a DISCUSSION forum and the moderators need to understand the whole concept of the forum is for discussion and healthy debate. Recently our moderators have been locking threads at their own pleasure if it doesnt fit in with their view of the game. This is NOT in the forum rules. Other forums including the Express forum rarely lock threads, even when they get heated. The offending poster has a warning and the offending posts removed so everyone else can continue with the discussion. The minority causing arguments are then quickly removed which leaves genuine posters the freedom to discuss the issue. Our moderators need to re read the rules and STOP locking threads. How long will it be before this thread is locked. I do agree that there is too many threads for every game we play, sometimes we can have upto 15 threads per match which then erases older threads off the forum. Rant over, lock the thread :D

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

I strongly disagree. This is a DISCUSSION forum and the moderators need to understand the whole concept of the forum is for discussion and healthy debate. Recently our moderators have been locking threads at their own pleasure if it doesnt fit in with their view of the game. This is NOT in the forum rules. Other forums including the Express forum rarely lock threads, even when they get heated. The offending poster has a warning and the offending posts removed so everyone else can continue with the discussion. The minority causing arguments are then quickly removed which leaves genuine posters the freedom to discuss the issue. Our moderators need to re read the rules and STOP locking threads. How long will it be before this thread is locked. I do agree that there is too many threads for every game we play, sometimes we can have upto 15 threads per match which then erases older threads off the forum. Rant over, lock the thread :D

Got to agree with that.

The moderators try to be fair at all times and are often on a hiding to nothing, however, this forum must try and comply to rules and quite often threads go off tangent and become meaningless or replicate other threads. I do try and send an explanation to contributors if any action is taken by myself, and very often fellow moderators will explain why an action was taken.

think of it like this, we often do not agree with referees on the pitch, but without them we would not have a game. I'm sorry if some think we do things just to satisfy ourselves, I assure you we don't, neither do we wish to be liable for content if it offends or digresses. I am quite sure that should any poster feel they could do the job and take the responsibility that goes with it, then I would step down and relinquish the post.

Otherwise, I act as a moderator without personal motives and as such accept views which I may disagree with, but are valid.

Although many feel we do not act accordingly I quote this section of the rules:-

Moderation of this forum

This forum is moderated according to these rules. If you believe you have had a post modified or deleted and you do not agree with the reasons given (either in the modified post or the PM sent to you), then you should raise your objections via a private message to one of the moderators who will try and resolve the situation.It is not acceptable to question or criticise the moderation process on the forum itself. The reason for this is that the result of such postings is frequently that the original thread is disrupted. The moderators decision will be final, however

Edited by Bob Fowler

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Other forums? Criticism of the moderation process on rlfans.com is likely to see your post wiped, a warning come your direction faster than usain bolt and your future posting activity scrutinized by the stasi.

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

i dont dispute the fact that threads can be locked or removed and moderators have to make a decision whether to do this...we as posters have to accept that!!....but as contributors to threads shouldn't there be a justified reason as to why they've been removed or locked....and the moderator explain such reasons??

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

Do u no what I don't understand?...

Everything? :P

Or the fact that this thread has massively deviated from its original course and hasn't been locked or a warning posted??? :huh::huh:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

The thread was locked because it is now defunct, the matter was resolved by the club and kick-off time re-arranged, so we could discuss it till the cows come home, but whats the point the game now kicks off at one 0 clock, debate over. Yes it was me who closed the thread and yes i should have posted something to that effect, but my computer was playing up and kept freezing, moderators dont have to justify themselves and as Robin states, on other forums and sites it would be done a lot sooner, there are trash bins what only moderators can see on some forums and alot off stuff ends up in there, i can tell you this on this forum we are very lieniant towards posters.

Also to say that threads are locked because we as moderators dont agree with your views etc is totally out of order, people just need to realise moderating as to be done, some topics just go round in circles and get nowhere so need closing. Rant over thread still open

Im Fev and im proud

The thread was locked because it is now defunct, the matter was resolved by the club and kick-off time re-arranged, so we could discuss it till the cows come home, but whats the point the game now kicks off at one 0 clock, debate over. Yes it was me who closed the thread and yes i should have posted something to that effect, but my computer was playing up and kept freezing, moderators dont have to justify themselves and as Robin states, on other forums and sites it would be done a lot sooner, there are trash bins what only moderators can see on some forums and alot off stuff ends up in there, i can tell you this on this forum we are very lieniant towards posters.

Also to say that threads are locked because we as moderators dont agree with your views etc is totally out of order, people just need to realise moderating as to be done, some topics just go round in circles and get nowhere so need closing. Rant over thread still open

Why do they HAVE to be closed? wheres the harm in leaving them open? What if someone wants to discuss that issue later on, i honestly do not understand why you have to lock them. It comes across as you trying to stamp your authority.

Ya can't win either way. One of the reasons I chucked moderating was its so difficult keeping everyone happy. For every thread kept open like the match thread kept open there have been calls to close them. You try and do your best and get faced with criticism. I decided to say sod it. As did lorne. Thtankfully mo Matt and bob stayed on. Give the other forum a go and tell me which is the most autocratic

Why hasn't this thread been locked it is certainly gone off on a tangent.

It's supposed to be about the kick off time ;)

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

I'm loathe to have a pop at the mods on here, because basically the forum is mostly fine.

It's an easy going, knowledgeable place. SPats & unpleasantries are pretty rare on here (especially compared to other forums). The mods can take some of the credit for that.

As Robin points out, it's a pretty thankless task, but someone has to do it.

But.....

IMO A thread should only be locked if it really needs to be. It's a last resort for out of order stuff in my book. The kickoff thread issue has been resolved, yes. But if folk want to carry on talking about it, well that's up to them surely?

I really don't agree with locking a thread because it's gone off topic. Many of the best threads do that, and I think we've just got to go with the flow.

The mods do need to step in on offensive and personally insulting stuff (which they do).

Just my opinion like.

Why do they HAVE to be closed? wheres the harm in leaving them open? What if someone wants to discuss that issue later on, i honestly do not understand why you have to lock them. It comes across as you trying to stamp your authority.

No one is trying to stamp any authority anywhere, that thread would have just kept going around in circles, i get messages from posters asking me to close threads and state their reasons, some are valid points, others are not, if you want to discuss the change of kick-off time feel free to do so after the game when we can all see if the change as had any bearing on the attendence figures etc.

Im Fev and im proud

I think this might illustrate nmy point! It's just a randomly picked forum - I could go for any of them - it's the same with any club on that host! tb is in charge and that's it - and Lorne knows my toughts on him!

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=460550

The forum's Stasi are waiting for you if you think that's a better place!

It's also interesting to note that on the "other forum" Halifax's thread on KO times was locked immediately the KO time was changed and I didn't see any posts questioning the mod process there! It's not allowed tho the locking of that thread appeared accepted by all! Just an observation, nowt else!

Edited by Robin Evans

It really is a no brainer if the game kos at 3pm the attendance would be less than 1k ko at 1pm and we may get 1.600 to 2k plus the bar will do great trade afterwards. If you like football or not is irrelevant they are the hard facts

This perfectly illustrates a point. The thread styarted off as "Widnes Game" now ends up as a row about mode3ration. Anyone looking at the postings list would be mystfied therefore the thread becomes irelevent. As I have said if anyone feels they could do better, and take the responsibility, then I WILL START A THREAD ASKING FOR VOLUNTEERS.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Can I just point out that it was my thread that was locked....although I wasn't given a reason for this I let it go as all I wanted to do was let the fans know of the consequences of Englands final group position. I let it go until a poster mentioned that there were too many threads on the same subject, to which I replied 'why was my thread locked'?........I dont envy the mods...its a thankless task....on the thread itself, I dont think it should have been closed, it became a debate including a bit of softy about footballers, and opinions about the best kick off times etc.......it could have run on for me.......a thread should only be locked if its turning into a personal thing and not because 'the club had decided a KO time'....weve got threads going back years on here thats not locked......we debate on what teams we feel we should put out, once the team is named do we close the thread? no.......because thats the beauty of debate and opinions....and forums!! lets not let this turn into ww3 and concentrate on a very big game for us......opinion(not rant) over

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.