today thenn

Robin  Evans

fantastic result for featherstone rovers. not helped yet again by the referee, but we pulled it out again. great result and special menshun to dewsbury beating halifax. are they now out of it? still 6 pts clear. bring on cougars next week :)

First off, my thanks and admiration to both sides for giving us such an entertaining game in that heat. Thought it was a tight game and could have gone either way. We just had enough to win and that's down to determination and fitness. The winning try by Briggs was due to tiredness on the Widnes side. Wouldn't argue with MoM but feel special mention should go to Finn who never stopped prompting and to the two young guns Smeaton and Hardaker who never really looked troubled. Saxton, well it's no longer a surprise how well he played.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

How did Doran stay on the field after repeated offences and then Manning is sin binned without hesitation. These refs must realise that decisions like this can turn games especially in the heat. This decision was solely responsible for Widnes getting back into the game. It was a carbon copy of the situation at Widnes when Widnes were helped back into that game. I do believe that was Mr LEAHY also.

Even scoring a try, I thought that Jon Grayshon had a quiet game and looked completely out of shape. Appreciate has been out injured and I am probably reflecting on his devastating runs, prior to injury. Hurry up back to form Jon. Also think that it was a mistake, not to go for the two points in the first half. Predicted that we would need them in the second half, which almost came true.

A sterling performance coupled with some devasting tackles. The down side being that they gained a bonus point.

Cracking game in cracking weather, glad it wasn't me running around in that heat! Was a good game to watch, though I always felt we were in control, even when we went behind. At least we seem to have got out of the habit of heads going down when things aren't going our way as for the last few seasons too.

Bet a few Widnes fans will be extra sick about the M62 being closed from Brighouse to Rochdale all afternoon too, just allowed me to come off by the M606 so I wasn't delayed getting home. B)

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Bet a few Widnes fans will be extra sick about the M62 being closed from Brighouse to Rochdale all afternoon too, just allowed me to come off by the M606 so I wasn't delayed getting home. B)

Heard Ian Hardman on phone to his Dad in clubhouse, he hadnt moved at all for 3 hours, missed fev and was missing england, talk about a rotten afternoon in baking heat!!

Good game, thought we played well, chuckled at some widnes fans saying we paid ref off, i mean i watch games through "fev tinted" specs but even the cheek of that after when we played them away the constant BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO made ref give them a penalty and some of our fans couldnt even blow a vuvuzela :lol:

Hope tommy is ok, i even guessed 1st try scorer, man of match and was only 100 away with crowd B)

voohli.jpg

How did Doran stay on the field after repeated offences and then Manning is sin binned without hesitation. These refs must realise that decisions like this can turn games especially in the heat. This decision was solely responsible for Widnes getting back into the game. It was a carbon copy of the situation at Widnes when Widnes were helped back into that game. I do believe that was Mr LEAHY also.

I thought that too. Last twenty of the first, and beginning of the second, the ref seemed determined to get them on the scoreboard - and he did. I don't mind what decisions refs give against us as long as they are consistent, there is no way that today's comic could be described as consistent.

Having said that, I wouldn't have given our next to last try - and it was right in front of me.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

despite a close scoreline, i didnt think it reflected a great Fev performance which i thought we dominated from start to finish

Granted widnes took their chances that came their way, but they missed plenty of tackles and never made 1 clean line break in the 80, had we had a bit more composure near the line and with ball in hand i think it wouldve been a lot more than a difference of 8 points.

We always looked like going down the other end and scoring when widnes got close and it proved to be that way, widnes scored twice so we responded with 2 tries, i dont think we hit top note today either

Lets hope the injuries arent too bad a la saxton and it is only bruising

Bring on Keighley next week, im expecting a lot of Fev suport there

I thought that too. Last twenty of the first, and beginning of the second, the ref seemed determined to get them on the scoreboard - and he did. I don't mind what decisions refs give against us as long as they are consistent, there is no way that today's comic could be described as consistent.

Having said that, I wouldn't have given our next to last try - and it was right in front of me.

To be honest Trojan I too didn't think it was a try either. BUT the two forward pass decisions that robbed us in the first half were iffy to say the least.

despite a close scoreline, i didnt think it reflected a great Fev performance which i thought we dominated from start to finish

Granted widnes took their chances that came their way, but they missed plenty of tackles and never made 1 clean line break in the 80, had we had a bit more composure near the line and with ball in hand i think it wouldve been a lot more than a difference of 8 points.

We always looked like going down the other end and scoring when widnes got close and it proved to be that way, widnes scored twice so we responded with 2 tries, i dont think we hit top note today either

Lets hope the injuries arent too bad a la saxton and it is only bruising

Bring on Keighley next week, im expecting a lot of Fev suport there

Agree with this but I thought we were a bit slow out of the blocks in the second half - unlike the first 10 minutes of the first half which was brilliant.

Agree with this but I thought we were a bit slow out of the blocks in the second half - unlike the first 10 minutes of the first half which was brilliant.

we were down to 12 for 1st 9 and half mins :rolleyes:

voohli.jpg

He had a blinder as well Robin :D:D:D

Trying to get the hang of a new phone - yes Phil - he had a blinder.

Certainly looked to have broken his ankle! :( Massive loss/ My player of the season so far

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I know but Widnes looked far more urgent than us in attack and defence when they came back out - regardless of the fact we were a man down.

Maybe we were just pacing ourselves for a strong finish :blush:

true wouldnt have made sense to go hell for leather and burn us out till we were back to 13 , we contained em quite well then finished well - job done

looked like we could walk over them....fairs does they got a quick break in the 2nd half but results like this tells the story of the season for me.....when we're good we're very good, when we're not so good, we can still pull through, its not all about pts scored but pts we stop others from scoring....well done once again....its in our own hands for me

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

We only won because they had 17 injured players, DR players were not available, not enough rest between matches, the sun was too hot, they are playing Thursday, oh............ and a sheep jumped on the bus over the pennines

AT LAST SOMEBODY WANTS TO HELP US!!! Time to look to the future! The Only Way is UP!

sliggster1.gif

We only won because they had 17 injured players, DR players were not available, not enough rest between matches, the sun was too hot, they are playing Thursday, oh............ and a sheep jumped on the bus over the pennines

Thyey still made us work hard for the win though

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Thought Leahy kept them in it, but I dont feel sorry for them at all, they are going to Blackpool afterall :lol:

My continuing ranys about how fit for purpose that bloke is just never stop. He's ######. Can't get him any better than that no matter how I try!

Great performance, sadly, I didnt get chance to clap them off at the end.

How come?

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)