Vuvuzelas / horns

LOWFIELD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a few got confiscated off people from in the ground today. Are they banned from the ground?

Lorne told me it was because either the referee complained to the 4th official or it was the 4th official himself who complained about the horns and asked for them to be removed.

How would they have taken them off all the fans at the football i wonder. :rolleyes:

Im Fev and im proud

Lorne told me it was because either the referee complained to the 4th official or it was the 4th official himself who complained about the horns and asked for them to be removed.

How would they have taken them off all the fans at the football i wonder. :rolleyes:

They would have been on the horns of a dilemma, plenty of those in SA. (Beat that Owd Rover).

Hahaha. . Deary me. . 30thousand horns in 1 ground or 2 horns to try and generate sum atmosphere. . . Not happy. . . I don't believe its come from the ref at all. .Youve not heard the last of the vuvus. . .

Edited due to text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k

Hahaha. . Deary me. . 30thousand horns in 1 ground or 2 horns to try n generate sum atmosphere. . . Not happy. . . I don't believe its come from the ref at all. . Uv nt heard the last of the vuvus. . .

I hope we have!!!! sick of them already... :lol:

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

Hahaha. . Deary me. . 30thousand horns in 1 ground or 2 horns to try and generate sum atmosphere. . . Not happy. . . I don't believe its come from the ref at all. .Youve not heard the last of the vuvus. . .

Edited due to text speak

Im only stating what Lorne told me when he came back from having a cigarette, and he'd been talking to the stewards i do beleive.

Im Fev and im proud

Edited due to text speak

How does that noise generate a better atmosphere?

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

How does that noise generate a better atmosphere?

some believe it does Vic - I'm not one of them! But if the fans want to blow a trupet, so long as it's not in my earyole, I've no real objection to em! If another thousand folk came through the gates they could all be blowing one for me!!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I agree with that Robin. I thought the Aural support was good yesterday. We did'nt need anything other than the drum, but if that's what fans want so be it. I wish I still had my dad's old rattle though.

They would have been on the horns of a dilemma, plenty of those in SA. (Beat that Owd Rover).

i'm lost on this one Bob, i thought vuvuzela was the german centre forward in 1966.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

I agree with that Robin. I thought the Aural support was good yesterday. We did'nt need anything other than the drum, but if that's what fans want so be it. I wish I still had my dad's old rattle though.

Still got my old rattle, But that was banned in the 90's ( and my girl friend never lets me get it out to this day )

Not surprised that they were confiscated, one premier league club has already banned them for the coming season. I personally don't mind them. only N.I.M.B.Y.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

confusion with h/time hooter /full time-difficult to judge when they were being blown two minutes in--by the way the kids love it n we need to encourage them to come through the gates not to anealate them

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

I hope we have!!!! sick of them already... :lol:

Horrible dreary noise. Sounds like a thousand flies dying. I turned the sound off watching the soccer. The games are about as bad as the silly horns. Thank God I am a RL supporter.

If the officials told the stewards to remove them then fair enough, but i do wish the club would have some rules regarding what you can and can not bring in the ground. That way it will stop people spending money they can probably ill afford on items that get snatched off them when they enter. I once bought an air horn for my son only for a gestapo type steward to snatch it off him as though we were both criminals my son was 6 at the time, no where had i seen that horns were banned. If the vuvuzelas were removed because of fan complaints then that is the type of thing that would put me off coming, after all i dont like Gingers my great gran wouldnt allow them in her house said they were devious, so if i complained about ginners in the ground because i didnt like them then following this eg i could expect the stewards to remove them. The "dont like it ban it" attitude is wrong. Horns, trumpets, drums, loud music the lot for me, get some noise and atmosphere generated make the youths want to come, there is enough space in the ground to move and get away from it all if a fan insisted, and lets not say "why should we move" if your a real fan youd just be glad there was youths in the ground that wanted to make some noise, because not too long ago i feared for the worst for Rovers ageing fan group and lower and lower crowds the place was like a morgue, now its on the up so lets just let the youths come and enjoy themselves

.... but i do wish the club would have some rules regarding what you can and can not bring in the ground.

There is a set of rules, I saw them this morning and it does say, along with other things, no air horns allowed.

Ask Kevin Preston to show you them.

.... but i do wish the club would have some rules regarding what you can and can not bring in the ground.

There is a set of rules, I saw them this morning and it does say, along with other things, no air horns allowed.

Ask Kevin Preston to show you them.

Rattles were banned because you could use them as a weapon. I went to the Saint Helens match of 17K plus carrying two bricks through the turnstiles so I could see the game. (I stood on them, not knocked people out). Couldn't see it happening now. Some of us like to discuss the game and incessant noise stops you doing that. Intermittent noise of any sort is Ok but unecessary racket is another thing. Incidentally when rattles were banned I saw a speccie use a Stanley knife on an oppposing spectator. Long time ago but it happened and at POR. If the people who use horns just blow them all the time without regard what is happening on the field I don't think they are watching what is going on. It is more of a 'look at me' syndrom. Everthing in moderation at the right time is acceptable. Apart from Stanley knives of course.

I do love a good debate. . Surprised it aint locked yet. . . Jokingggg am joking. I had a text off someone in first 5mins asking who had a vuvuzala at game. . . They live a mile from ground ish. . .been said before . . If people who arnt at the game hear plenty of noise. . . They may think there missing out and may come the week after. .. Am not suggesting each young en in the ground is given one on entry but I'm still baffled how it sounded anything like an air horn. . .especially within 5minutes. . . Tell you what though. . . My chops dunt half ache today from blowing it and all the singing I got through. . . Bring on the cougars

i'm lost on this one Bob, i thought vuvuzela was the german centre forward in 1966.

Tha wrong agen Owd Rover. Chap in question renting one of my rooms.

They certainly serve their purpose. Could not hear the PA system and could not carry on a conversation with my neighbours and I suspect that players had all on to hear the tackle count at times.

However, no problem with them when we score !!!.

Still got my old rattle, But that was banned in the 90's ( and my girl friend never lets me get it out to this day )

No, my wife's the same time. "put that away and don't let me see you playing with it again" (Evans, C. 2010)

This post is sponsored by FrankieHowarddoubleentendre.com

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)