Vuvuzelas / horns

LOWFIELD

Couldn't see it happening now.

try standing on a couple of bricks colin.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... but i do wish the club would have some rules regarding what you can and can not bring in the ground.

There is a set of rules, I saw them this morning and it does say, along with other things, no air horns allowed.

Ask Kevin Preston to show you them.

Im talking 7 years ago Vic regards the horn, do the present rules say no Vuvuzelas?

I can just imagine the crowd at Anfield against Man Utd been told to hush a bit because some fans want to discuss the game, or the old Threpanny stand at Hull, it was so bad there away players used to have to walk out of the tunnel with a home player. They never told the crowd to tone it down because it gave them an advantage.

I sometimes think Rovers get the crowds some fans deserve, but sorry to dissapoint some but the more success we get the noisier and rowdier it will get, bring it on i say

Edited by LOWFIELD

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

THE CLUB HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH THE PGA TOUR TO LEND SOME OF THEIR "QUIET" SIGNS..........

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

To be honest there are really annoying, but so are those stupid blow up sticks that you get when sky are at the ground. Bit like marmite, love it or hate it!!!!

However it did generate a bit of atmosphere :happy:

voohli.jpg

Im talking 7 years ago Vic regards the horn, do the present rules say no Vuvuzelas?

I can just imagine the crowd at Anfield against Man Utd been told to hush a bit because some fans want to discuss the game, or the old Threpanny stand at Hull, it was so bad there away players used to have to walk out of the tunnel with a home player. They never told the crowd to tone it down because it gave them an advantage.

I sometimes think Rovers get the crowds some fans deserve, but sorry to dissapoint some but the more success we get the noisier and rowdier it will get, bring it on i say

I thought the players tunnel was in the oppisite stand to the threpanny stand at the boulevard

I thought the players tunnel was in the oppisite stand to the threpanny stand at the boulevard

It was, when i say it was so bad there i was referring to the whole ground.

I honestly think certain fans wouldnt like it if the crowds were to increase, very sad

I've never complained about the amount of noise. People move away from me when I'm in form. More noise more people would be great. I was merely pointing out, in response to your post, that there is a set of rules.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

I've never complained about the amount of noise. People move away from me when I'm in form. More noise more people would be great. I was merely pointing out, in response to your post, that there is a set of rules.

The "rules" ban air horns. Vuvuzelas are not air horns. Due to this topic i have now changed my mind on them. Every person through the turnstlies should get one free and be made to blow them. This whole "ban em cos i don't like em attitude" is pathetic. There will be letters in the Pont n Cas from "bitter n twisted" of Purston Jaglin next. I don't like short people, chewing gum and the royal family but ban em, NO. Just ignore em.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Never said you had Vic, i was talking in general terms

The "rules" ban air horns. Vuvuzelas are not air horns. Due to this topic i have now changed my mind on them. Every person through the turnstlies should get one free and be made to blow them. This whole "ban em cos i don't like em attitude" is pathetic. There will be letters in the Pont n Cas from "bitter n twisted" of Purston Jaglin next. I don't like short people, chewing gum and the royal family but ban em, NO. Just ignore em.

Men with pony tails want banning as well. 2 pieces of advice my dad gave me, 1st was if you fall out with your wife / girlfriend and leave the house and go home, dont stop away for long get back because the longer you leave it the worse it gets. The 2nd piece of advice was " never trust a man with a pony tail" Sound advice that i have tried to follow all my life

Edited by LOWFIELD

I don't like Vuvuzelas so should we ban them ? I don't think so because then we would have to look at banning drums or those clangers that Cooperative give out for sky games etc. I think carrying a plastic trumpet is more trouble than it's worth and I did see one bloke try to blow one as I left the grpund, I thought he was going to burst he was so Red. Let's be tolerant as always and if someone stands near you holding one, ask him if he had a flake with his ice cream

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

"vuvuzela", it's the new buzz word. literally.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

shush -do the rules say no vuvus or not

no is the answer

dont know why i was asked to get them from our fans as i missed zacs try =######

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

I am suprised nobody has mentioned the old Whitehaven supporter who has been blowing his hunting horn at every home game for summat like 50yrs as his dad did before him. Think it was the Haven v Barrow sky game he was featured on? Nobody in 50years banned his horn so why did 2 Fev fans have them confiscated? Mart, myself and many others are trying everything we can think of to try and improve attendances and the atmosphere in the ground, not to everyones liking I know but hey its supposed to be a FREE country so BLOW them horns (not near me ) and sing out ya hearts if it makes you happy and if it doesnt then stand behind the sticks and enjoy a quieter life.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

Mart, myself and many others are trying everything we can think of to try and improve the atmosphere in the ground

Buy me 10 pints before the game, will improve my atmosphere no end :wacko:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Buy me 10 pints before the game, will improve my atmosphere no end :wacko:

Got a great idea. Let's all by Bubble Gismos. Bubbles floating around the ground, No one can complain about that.

I noticed a better atmosphere at BigFellas on Sunday without the plastic horns. They can shove 'em on the moon for me.ther's no atmosphere there

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

I noticed a better atmosphere at BigFellas on Sunday

Was that Bigfellas stadium on Sunday afternoon or Bigfellas nightclub on Sunday night Bob :blink::blink:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

So if people in the stand dont like em can i go stand on the terraces with it?? i didnt think so... you cant please everyone... there is no rule saying they can't be blown so... i believe it will be with me at the next home game... and to please those travelling to Keighley... I have sent an email to the powers that be over there to see if i will be allowed to blow it in the ground. :P

I am suprised nobody has mentioned the old Whitehaven supporter who has been blowing his hunting horn at every home game for summat like 50yrs as his dad did before him. Think it was the Haven v Barrow sky game he was featured on? Nobody in 50years banned his horn so why did 2 Fev fans have them confiscated? Mart, myself and many others are trying everything we can think of to try and improve attendances and the atmosphere in the ground, not to everyones liking I know but hey its supposed to be a FREE country so BLOW them horns (not near me ) and sing out ya hearts if it makes you happy and if it doesnt then stand behind the sticks and enjoy a quieter life.

Always like how the crew behind the posts get stick from some quarters on here!

Was that Bigfellas stadium on Sunday afternoon or Bigfellas nightclub on Sunday night Bob :blink::blink:

With my new wheels I could have been anywhere, er um I was "pushed" into that one.

I remember when we last played at Headingley in the Challenge Cup and that chap with ginger hair (not Robin, think his name was Stuart?) has his flag confiscated which he used to wave due to the wooden stick being potentially used as a weapon. I wonder what happen to Stuart, never see him now.

If its right and it was the Match Commissioner who didn't want vuvuzela's then there is little you can do about it!

I remember when we last played at Headingley in the Challenge Cup and that chap with ginger hair (not Robin, think his name was Stuart?) has his flag confiscated which he used to wave due to the wooden stick being potentially used as a weapon. I wonder what happen to Stuart, never see him now.

is that the same lad who was wearing fev shirt an waving flag in france.......at a c*s game?

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.