Bums on seats

After a bit of help really.

The Crusaders are interested in any ways that they can get more bums on seats and are hopefully meeting a few fans to discuss ideas and I was wondering if anyone could come up with any new or 'out of the box' ways of getting people down to the ground.

I personally think the Wire and Saints games will sell themselves due to the proximity to Wrexham and the weight they carry as RL clubs.

However without wanting to cause offence the likes of Hull KR and Salford don't have quite as much pull.

So any ideas I can take to the meeting?

The Crusaders are interested in any ways that they can get more bums on seats and are hopefully meeting a few fans to discuss ideas and I was wondering if anyone could come up with any new or 'out of the box' ways of getting people down to the ground.

I personally think the Wire and Saints games will sell themselves due to the proximity to Wrexham and the weight they carry as RL clubs.

However without wanting to cause offence the likes of Hull KR and Salford don't have quite as much pull.

Any chance you can allow Peter Hood to attend?

widnes have run the bring a friend for free promotion a couple of times with great success

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Sign up Andy Powell just before the Salford game at a motorway service station with a press conference on the hard shoulder!!! :D

That would get you in the national media!

Have you considered threats of physical violence?

I find these can be very effective, particularly with the elderly or infirm.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Wigan do seem to have some very good ideas, not sure how succesful each one is, but personally I would receommend your club sets up a meeting with the other local clubs in the area who have grown their crowds this year (Wigan, Wire and Saints have all done so).

I like the fact that on Wigan's website they give details of most of their promotion, whereas much of the work that Warrington do seems to be kept quiet in this area. Sometimes the crowd is just higher for no apparent reason!

Wigan have a lot of group packages which I think are a great idea, they have all sorts of discounted packages for certain numbers. They have packages where the kids can go pitchside during the warmup, or can hold the hands of the players as they enter the field. Some very impressive packages.

They have also done something whereby the person who purchases the most tickets for a certain game gets a free season ticket for next year. Something like that may encourage people to drag their families along, and perhaps you could reward anybody who buys over 10 tickets at once.

I think for starters, win games often.

they do against bradford.....................

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Exactly.

We're not famous anymore and look at our crowds...

And that came without a dig at Widnes! B)(It would be too easy)

i didn't mean a dig against bradford................after all my dad played for them.

i didn't mean a dig against bradford................after all my dad played for them.

I attended the first game in Wrexham and it was a sell out. They e-mailed me a couple of weeks later and then nothing.

I bought tickets off the Wigan Website as we were taking the brother in law who lives there and they mail, text and even ring me up for big games over a year later. My team, the Rhinos also keep in touch with frequent mailings and offers.

I guess what I'm saying is it needs constant effort - fans like to feel loved and wanted! Have the Crusaders got the details of all the people who turned up on that night in Wrexham? If not why not?

thats ok my dad ried his best until he died to get me to support bradford northern..................................guess what? no success.............

Have you considered threats of physical violence?

I find these can be very effective, particularly with the elderly or infirm.

Cheers all, I'll pass some of these on.

If anyone else has anymore ideas please feel free to get in touch.

Good man!

Sorry about some of the crazier ideas cluttering up the thread.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

For the visit of the Crusaders to Leeds recently we got a personal invite to meet players in the bar after the game when we collected the tickets.

This greatly impressed my friend who is a new convert to the game so along we went.

This week, with tickets to the Saints game we got a

For the visit of the Crusaders to Leeds recently we got a personal invite to meet players in the bar after the game when we collected the tickets.

This greatly impressed my friend who is a new convert to the game so along we went.

This week, with tickets to the Saints game we got a