C*s Fined

bigjohn

How did who know i was gay?

Who said it was an he who abused me?

Does it matter if its a large group or 1 person?

No action was taken against the person who called me as i entered the ground a "short, fat, gay looking #####"

that's slanderous, your not short.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

No action was taken against the person who called me as i entered the ground a "short, fat, gay looking #####"

You a "short, fat, gay looking #####" No way. There's nowt poncy about you mate.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

I remember many a chant from the Bullock shed that would have got the club into hot water. How can you fine a club for what there supporters chant??

They can't veto things supporters chant. Maybe we should have video replays of supporters and edit out what we don't like.

I agree some people don't want to hear it but I am afraid it is part and parcel of going to a spectator sport.

Another example of the RL trying to control the world.

If this had been Featherstone it would have been disasterous for out finances.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

Wish I'd just kept me gob shut now!

By the way - having had the misfortune to see Mr Thomas being interviewed on some girly rugby onion programme - It must be both a crime and a punishment for him just being himself. The man is a TOOL, gay or otherwise.

Edited by Laminated Lobster

I'll bet it was either an ex-boyfriend or Robin.

No Robin didnt say that to me what he did say was "with that short hair cut you look the type that would bowl a googly" i was unsure what he ment

Edited by LOWFIELD

I remember many a chant from the Bullock shed that would have got the club into hot water. How can you fine a club for what there supporters chant??

They can't veto things supporters chant. Maybe we should have video replays of supporters and edit out what we don't like.

I disagree. The club can't control the chant, but they have react proplerly. The RFL said:

"The tribunal was chaired by his Honour Judge Rodney Grant, who criticised the club for failing to take steps to stop the homophobic chanting, for failing to identify the perpetrators, for failing to challenge the chanting and for their failure to undertake a meaningful inquiry afterwards."

I agree some people don't want to hear it but I am afraid it is part and parcel of going to a spectator sport.

Some? So, some people do want to hear homophobic chanting? Surely not. Homophobia isn't 'part & parcel'

Another example of the RL trying to control the world.

Or just trying to discipline one of their own clubs for failing to act correctly?

If this had been Featherstone it would have been disasterous for out finances.

So it's a good job the people who run our club don't tolerate that kind of moronic behaviour.

O.K. So its wrong, but personally I think the fine is a bit hefty.

And O.K. Cas have to pay the fine, but just what can the club do to prevent it happening again ?

We always claim to be a family sport and "effin and jeffin" from the terraces is supposedly not allowed yet I have never come away from a game having not heard any.

Edited by Jimmy B

Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

I think the fine sends a right message to the fans. If it hurts their club then they wont do it, or it may encourage people around them to tell the to shut up. 1 in 20 people are gay, so your bound to get some rugby players who are. Now freedom of speech is all well and good, but when you are ridiculing someone in an aggressive and constant way in a highly public place then someone has to draw a line.

What difference did it make to those people who started chanting if he's gay? its not like he was going to stop playing and give them a cuddle is it? so why start it? Comedians play on it because its their way of dealing with it...seriously who would choose to be gay? Nobody. Religion is a poor excuse for this behaviour.

UP THE ROVERS!

I honestly can't see how a club can stop their fans from chanting, i am not saying it is right but if you have thousands of fans chanting the same thing no matter what sport it is unstoppable, from what a c*s fan said to me more could be done, but lets face it when c*s are winning the fans think they are world beaters, but when losing they try and pick out the nearest target to abuse, whether it Gareth Thomas, the ref or their own players.

The eperson you said who was abusive to you. I asked you how the person knew. people knew that Thomas was. It would seem odd that someone would say that you were gay if they didn't know. But then again the person said you were 'gay looking', which ois stupid considering there is no such thing as 'gay looking'.

It matters in terms of degree. neither is acceptable. One person passing a remark to another is unacceptbale and uncalled for. Thousands of people screaming and chanting abuse takes it it many stages further. I can't believe that you need this pointing out.

I didn't know the person was a man: my mistake.

Why wasn't there any action taken: did you complain?

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

QUOTE (Jimmy B @ Jun 29 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O.K. So its wrong, but personally I think the fine is a bit hefty.

And O.K. Cas have to pay the fine, but just what can the club do to prevent it happening again ?

We always claim to be a family sport and "effin and jeffin" from the terraces is supposedly not allowed yet I have never come away from a game having not heard any.

what would happen is that the matter woukd be taken out of the club's hands. The club could have restrictions placed upon it by the RFL regarding crowds. If this doesn't work the various laws regarding licensing and public order could come into play.

Perhaps if soccer had acted so decisively years ago then the problems they have wouldn't be as severe.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I think the fine sends a right message to the fans. If it hurts their club then they wont do it, or it may encourage people around them to tell the to shut up. 1 in 20 people are gay, so your bound to get some rugby players who are. Now freedom of speech is all well and good, but when you are ridiculing someone in an aggressive and constant way in a highly public place then someone has to draw a line.

What difference did it make to those people who started chanting if he's gay? its not like he was going to stop playing and give them a cuddle is it? so why start it? Comedians play on it because its their way of dealing with it...seriously who would choose to be gay? Nobody. Religion is a poor excuse for this behaviour.

I didn't know you had a choice. I thought you born gay or not

Been on the blower, Ladbrokes best price for this thread to get locked, 1/33 on.

No chance,PJT cos I am not getting involved.

Thats what I was trying to say, so why abuse someone for how they are born?

You mean like abusing someone because they have ginger hair, why is that deemed acceptable i wonder. I find it amazing that anyone who is of the opinion that the practise is morally wrong is branded a total lunatic and someone who should be shackled in chains.

I am not of this opinion i might add and get on with Robin very well

I am not of this opinion i might add and get on with Robin very well

aye he's not bad.............................for a ginger lad :D

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.