Castleford hit with pretty big fine

Am i the only one that can see Thomas' presence is detracting from the tough image the game has developed?

If tou have a problem with Gareth Thomas' sexuality why don't you just come out (no pun intended) and say it?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i the only one that can see Thomas' presence is detracting from the tough image the game has developed?

What about Ian Roberts, he was "tough" wasn't he and also one of the first RL players to "come out".

I don't think he is detracting from the image that RL has, infact I beleive he has added to it.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

did you ever see ian roberts play?? he was certainly as tough as any "straight" player........

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

absoulutely ridiculous, what happened to freedom of speech, seriously what does Gareth Thomas expect if hes gonna come out publicly. disgracefully decision. im sure the punishment wouldnt have been as severe if it had been Wigan or Leeds fans.

RL is a mans sport at the end of the day. Not for public schooled pansies like RU.

Two possible explanations:

1. Poor attempt at trolling.

2. You're in the closet and resent anybody brave enough to come out.

There was a third, that you have the brain power of a small rodent, but surely nobody can be that stupid.

People called Romans they go the house

Quite obviously you are and a number of people have now expressed their disgust at your comments. Time to join the 21st century where such things are not acceptable in a civilised society. You make me feel ashamed that I support the same sport as you.

Thomas was one of the toughest RU players in the game.. the fact he has come over to RL and isa not seen as the toughest player is actually helping the image IMO..

not only that but the "Family image" of the game is helped IMO by the fact that just afer coming out he moved sports and has been ecomd with open arms (except by a very small minority thankfully)..

he goes into every game full blooded and works hard for his team mates, takes every tackle thrown at him (dont even think about using this as a "funny" BBtF) and doesnt take a backward step.. he may not be one of the top players but he is playing well for the crusaders an hopeully in the winter for wales getting the 4 nations (i hope so anyway) and is certainly not doing any harm to this tough image of the game..

i agree that is one of (but not the) the worst comments on the board certainly about him.

I could understand if he was one of the star players in the game. But he isn't.

Sorry?? It doesn't matter a jot whether he's a star player, in the A team, serving in the tea bar or standing on the terraces; everyone has the right to be treated with respect. Even you.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

did you ever see ian roberts play?? he was certainly as tough as any "straight" player........

My point exactly Roberts was a star player Thomas is garbage. Ian Roberts was a bit before my time but I have seen some footage. Played Origin and Kangaroos and proved himself to be an extremely tough competitior. Roberts earned the respect of his peers and the fans. Thomas has done nothing to warrant such respect so can hardly complain at the abuse he is receiving.

Two possible explanations:

1. Poor attempt at trolling.

2. You're in the closet and resent anybody brave enough to come out.

There was a third, that you have the brain power of a small rodent, but surely nobody can be that stupid.

thats out of order, rats and mice are quite intelligent.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

I think you're on your own with that one, yes.

There's 10 types of people in the world...those who understand binary and those that don't

My point exactly Roberts was a star player Thomas is garbage. Ian Roberts was a bit before my time but I have seen some footage. Played Origin and Kangaroos and proved himself to be an extremely tough competitior. Roberts earned the respect of his peers and the fans. Thomas has done nothing to warrant such respect so can hardly complain at the abuse he is receiving.

what????

so because you are not at the top of the top of your proffession you are open to homophobic or racist or sexist or just plain discriminatory abuse..

you are Alf Garnett and i claim my

gareth thomas is the all time leading try scorer for wales ru and was considered good enough to captain the lions, so really he is a star player of world renown......albeit in union.

So if you're not "good enough" you deserve all the abuse you get.Jeez, you really are from the stone age aren't you, along with the knuckle draggers at Cas who hurled the abuse.

Edited by terrywebbisgod

what????

so because you are not at the top of the top of your proffession you are open to homophobic or racist or sexist or just plain discriminatory abuse..

you are an imbecile and i claim my

absoulutely ridiculous, what happened to freedom of speech, seriously what does Gareth Thomas expect if hes gonna come out publicly. disgracefully decision. im sure the punishment wouldnt have been as severe if it had been Wigan or Leeds fans.

Your comment seems slightly hypocritical, given that you are supporting the victimisation of an individual yet also simultaneously suggesting that Cas are being victimised.

So he says - "You're not a real fishmonger, you've just done a plop in the wrong lavatory..."

I think your missing my point here, I never said I had a problem with Thomas' sexuality, or any other player for that matter. My points were:

1. People should not be surprised or shocked that these chants go on. I have had racist remarks at many rugby grounds both amateur and professional.

2. Thomas has yet to prove himself in rugby LEAGUE

3. Some of the so called bigger clubs wouldnt have been dealt such severe penalties

Edited by BringBacktheBiff

I think your missing my point here, I never said I had a problem with Thomas' sexuality, or any other player for that matter. My points were:

1. People should not be surprised or shocked that these chants go on. I have had racist remarks at many rugby grounds both amateur and professional.

2. Thomas has yet to prove himself in rugby LEAGUE

3. Some of the so called bigger clubs wouldnt have been dealt such severe penalties

You're honour exhibit 'A'

"RL is a mans sport at the end of the day. Not for public schooled pansies like RU."

Edited by terrywebbisgod

You just get your car vandalised at Widnes.

how strange? mine has only ever been damaged in hull and castleford.

but i only go to widnes on average once a fortnight from my home in st helens ans as yet i have never had any problems in 40 odd years!!!......................

we shouldnt be drafting over the hill Union players in and instead should focus on bringing youngsters through

come on john lock this thread and get rid of this clown........................