Catalans Dragons V Wigan Warriors

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans
    • Wigan
    • Draw

Video referee for a possible Catalans Dragons try.

Given, conversion knocked over (Edit - whoops one beer to many!) - Catalans 6 - 30 Wigan 58 minutes.

Edited by shrek

Coley off for a high shot. Looked like the Cats player was ducking into it first take, but clearly wasn't on the replays.

Still no excuse for 2nd rowers having a go at Sam!

Thats rubbish, it were a yellow but never a red card. If we carry on like this gunna turn into bl***y football. Its rugby league for ###### sake!!

" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

I feed the cat and miss the sending off and another Wigan try chalked off by the video referee.

Was it a red card?

I feed the cat and miss the sending off and another Wigan try chalked off by the video referee.

Was it a red card?

I thought so, but clearly opinion is currently divided amongst the Wigan contingent posting in this thread!

The try was a no try, Joel Tomkins sat there smiling shaking his head giving the game away, a Cats head prevented the grounding and the ball ran free.

lol a penalty for not playing the ball in the 78th minute, Childs is getting a bit picky in the last 10 minutes, or sides getting sloppy, six of one half a dozen of the other!

Edited by shrek

thought childs ruined the game toward the end, never a sending off, and a whole stack of penalties against both sides in the last 20mins.

i think childs was feeling the heat and decided to slow the game down, i thought wigan never got out of second gear, and can't believe they gave tomkins MOM i thought he was pretty poor.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

More than good enough tonight. They are a decent side Les Cats, but, until we were down to 12 we had the game nicely under control. The young lads have been superb once again. Tuson has really come on leaps and bounds. A win next week will leave us very well placed going into the Wire game. Win both and we'll be 6 clear from them with Saints still to win at Warrington. That turned out very nicely. :D

Edited by Exiled Wiganer

Sending off was justified, but was more poor technique and reckless rather intention so a match ban at most I feel. Unlike some Wigan fans I thought the reffing was fine, Catalans are a physical side but Child was lenient for both teams and let the game flow which is all I can ask. Just glad to come away with the win.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

Only the minority if this thread is anything to go by!

Just seen it on the rewind and it was never a sending off.

Thats a good win and i see with only four overseas imports.

With Liam Farrell and Lee Mossop coming through i'm not sure Phil Bails Bailey will get back in the team.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

In the end a good win against an improving Cats at their place, where we have never done too well in the past.

Bit of a drop off toward the end, but not unexpected when down to 12 men, and a depleted bench through injuries (McIlorum ankle injury early on, followed by Prescott off for a while needing stitches).

As for the sending off, no problem, but on a different day and a different ref who knows what the outcome would have been. And that is the problem, inconstancy. If every time something like this happened it was an automatic red there would be nothing to debate. However, at the moment it seems to be luck of the draw whether you are punished accordingly at the time, or it is left for the disciplinary to deal with retrospectively.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Well I see that Coley has been charged under Law 15.1 (B) for his "high tackle" in this game. I for one, would like to know why this law applies to Coley in this instance but did not apply to Peacock for his reckless high tackle on Tomkins in the Cup quarter final.

If contact to the head is illegal in this instance why was Senior's contact to the head of the other Tomkins with the boot deemed less illegal than an identical incident a week later involving a Castleford player?

RFL = Rules For Leeds.

:dry:

The penalties towards the end by Childs I thought was to keep both teams apart.

Their had been quite a few digs and the Cats were a bit like cheap shot merchants. Not seen that before from them but things like treading on hands, kicking ankles etc. There were verbals going on throughout the game. If he hadn't done then there could have been a brawl.

Childs could have done with more help during the game from the VR Bentham. Alas Bentham was as useless at VR as he is on the field.

Until the sending off I thought it was as convincing a win as you'll see.

After Coley went the final score flattered Catalans.