Wigan are chasing Melbourne Storm's Ryan Hoffman and Anthony Quinn

how about chasing more home grown talent like the tomkins brothers etal...........

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-...00630-zmtg.html

Fatty Riddell is returning to the NRL. But his slot and others should be left opern for English players.

The only imports whom Wigan should be aiming to retain are Pat Richards, Amos Roberts, and George Carmont.

The rest are rubbish. English lads deserve a chance to play in the big league.

Leuleuai, Phelps, Bailey, Hansen and Pa'aleasina are rubbish? what planet are you on?

This is rubbish, Wigan have if not then close to the most English (more or less Wiganers) in there side than anyone else. All the English lads have come through our academy too. He's French though cant expect him to no too much about rugby league, maybe the kick and chase game.

" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

Leuleuai, Phelps, Bailey, Hansen and Pa'aleasina are rubbish? what planet are you on?

Now that is a question???????????

I think he's from either :-

if's

but's

or maybe

because thats all he puts when talking up another french club / player

Yes, they are.

Leuleai - is bog standard

Phelps - is reserve grade

Bailey - is a plodder

Hansen - well he's 'English' isn't he Wiganers?

Pa'aleasini - 10 minute wonder

Its seems all the 'brilliant Wigan youngsters' now reside in Huddersfield and Hull huh?

PHOTO_6267313_7691_3768222_ap_320X240.jpg

Is that it, NE?

Is that all you've got? Hardly worth taking you off "ignore".

Leuluai is good.

Bailey, Feca and Phelps are all on their way and wouldn't make our first 17.

Hansen was English enough to play for England Academy.

Yes, they are.

Leuleai - is bog standard

Phelps - is reserve grade

Bailey - is a plodder

Hansen - well he's 'English' isn't he Wiganers?

Pa'aleasini - 10 minute wonder

Its seems all the 'brilliant Wigan youngsters' now reside in Huddersfield and Hull huh?

Wigan's youngsters are top of the league.

Leed's "Golden Generation"are languishing so far down I can't even be arsed to look for them.

Go figure Union boy.

To describe Riddell as "Fatty" surely means you haven't seen SL this year.

Wigan are being linked with every Storm player for very obvious reasons.

Wigan have the best youth system in SL. There are more players from Wigan in SL than any other club, by some number too.

The club's U21s topped their league and won the Grand Final last season. They lost only one game in almost 18 months!

Seeing as you feel you can dis the club and it's junior development, name the four Wigan players who have made their debuts this season.

Actually I was calling him "Fatty" because I was trying to use his nickname. But I was confusing his nickname with the one belonging to Sir Paul Vautin. In fact Mr Riddell's nickname is "Piggy," which is much more endearing, no doubt.

My apologies for the confusion.

Wigan have the best youth system in SL. There are more players from Wigan in SL than any other club, by some number too.

The club's U21s topped their league and won the Grand Final last season. They lost only one game in almost 18 months!

Seeing as you feel you can dis the club and it's junior development, name the four Wigan players who have made their debuts this season.

I was not dissing the club's junior development. I was being critical of its use of so many imports, when it is not a development club ike Crusaders or Catalans, but a foundation club with a great youth development system.

My point is that the mighty Wigan Warriors need to cut out the pension fund Antipodeans, rely on the three talents whom I have identified, and give the much vaunted Wigan youth their days in the sun.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

Actually I was calling him "Fatty" because I was trying to use his nickname. But I was confusing his nickname with the one belonging to Sir Paul Vautin. In fact Mr Riddell's nickname is "Piggy," which is much more endearing, no doubt.

My apologies for the confusion.

I was not dissing the club's junior development. I was being critical of its use of so many imports, when it is not a development club ike Crusaders or Catalans, but a foundation club with a great youth development system.

My point is that the mighty Wigan Warriors need to cut out the pension fund Antipodeans, rely on the three talents whom I have identified, and give the much vaunted Wigan youth their days in the sun.

That's the problem though with people like you.

Wigan's youth is already getting its day in the sun, you are just not willing to see it. I am not going to list all the young players who have debuted over the last 12 months, as I would be wasting my time.

Catalans are not a development club. RL has been around in France for decades. To call them a development club, when it comes to player numbers, is disingenuous to say the least.

Come back once you start winning some trophies that dont start 199x :P

See you in October.

PS, Nice to see that Leeds are giving their great set of youngsters a real chance.

I mean, you really have to applaud the re-signing of such young players as Senior, Buderus and Donald.

It's great future planning, and shows the relative strength of Leeds youth set-up. No, really, it does, honestly.

:rolleyes:

Big deal.

They get shipped off to other clubs anyway, are replaced by NRL players and you've won f-all worth talking about since 1998.

12 rubbish years.

Go figure.

See you in October.

PS, Nice to see that Leeds are giving their great set of youngsters a real chance.

I mean, you really have to applaud the re-signing of such young players as Senior, Buderus and Donald.

It's great future planning, and shows the relative strength of Leeds youth set-up. No, really, it does, honestly.

:rolleyes:

I dont care who's in the squad. If they're winning trophies, thats the killer eh?

Wigan can have 17 NRL players for all i care, if you win f-all, that the mega FAIL.

Don't you worry about Leeds - you'd be better off getting Wigan's house in order.

Almost relegated, salary capo breaches and chocka with NRL reserve graders - it reads like an RL rap sheet.

Big deal.

They get shipped off to other clubs anyway, are replaced by NRL players and you've won f-all worth talking about since 1998.

12 rubbish years.

Go figure.

Still some way to go before Wigan get any near Leeds "rubbish years" record though mate.

What was it? 75 years of compete and utter sh!te?

I dont care who's in the squad. If they're winning trophies, thats the killer eh?

Wigan can have 17 NRL players for all i care, if you win f-all, that the mega FAIL.

Don't you worry about Leeds - you'd be better off getting Wigan's house in order.

Almost relegated, salary capo breaches and chocka with NRL reserve graders - it reads like an RL rap sheet.

If you don't care who is in the squad, why do you waste so much effort papping on about the make up of Wigan's squad then?

I was going to say that it doesn't make sense, but then again that would be stating the obvious when it comes to your posts.

If you don't care who is in the squad, why do you waste so much effort papping on about the make up of Wigan's squad then?

I was going to say that it doesn't make sense, but then again that would be stating the obvious when it comes to your posts.

Because, despite your best efforts, you've won jack for the last 11 years

Because, despite your best efforts, you've won jack for the last 11 years

That doesn't make any sense either.

I'm sure it would in a different conversation, but not this one.

Anyhow, thanks for trying, I know how difficult it is for you.

Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is ancient news, but having caught up on some old Wigan Evening Post clippings, there may be something in this. Hoffman could come on a short contract, to give Tuson and Farrell another year before they play every week, and tide us over until Hock returns. We see Mossop as a prop, which makes a bit of sense if he bulks up a bit. Quinn would replace Carmont. Having read about him, he sounds like a decent player, and a step up.

It looks like we will bidding adieu to Feca, Phelps, Bailey, Piggy and Carmont of our overseas players, so if we just have the 2 coming in, that's a move in the right direction. Given that Pat does more than his bit for the home nations playing for Ireland, I have decided not to count him as any more of an overseas player than the Grix boys. On that basis we may have Amos, Quinn, Leuluai and Hoffman as overseas players next year, which is about right.

I know this is ancient news, but having caught up on some old Wigan Evening Post clippings, there may be something in this. Hoffman could come on a short contract, to give Tuson and Farrell another year before they play every week, and tide us over until Hock returns. We see Mossop as a prop, which makes a bit of sense if he bulks up a bit. Quinn would replace Carmont. Having read about him, he sounds like a decent player, and a step up.

It looks like we will bidding adieu to Feca, Phelps, Bailey, Piggy and Carmont of our overseas players, so if we just have the 2 coming in, that's a move in the right direction. Given that Pat does more than his bit for the home nations playing for Ireland, I have decided not to count him as any more of an overseas player than the Grix boys. On that basis we may have Amos, Quinn, Leuluai and Hoffman as overseas players next year, which is about right.

english accent

richards an aussie accent

thanks for making me smile EW. :P:P

Given that Pat does more than his bit for the home nations playing for Ireland, I have decided not to count him as any more of an overseas player than the Grix boys.
For convenience! :rolleyes:;) He's Australian. I can't remember when the quota was adjusted, would he come off quota soon anyway after being Wigan (and only Wigan) a while?

On that basis we may have Amos, Quinn, Leuluai and Hoffman as overseas players next year, which is about right.
On that basis...so far. Me thinks your lot will have as many quota players as you're allowed.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-...00630-zmtg.html

Fatty Riddell is returning to the NRL. But his slot and others should be left opern for English players.

The only imports whom Wigan should be aiming to retain are Pat Richards, Amos Roberts, and George Carmont.

The rest are rubbish. English lads deserve a chance to play in the big league.

Why dodn't you go away, eat some cheese and surrender to someone?

Big deal.

12 rubbish years.

Go figure.

And remind us all of how many of those twelve years have been anything but rubbish for the w@nkos?

Don't bother looking any further back.

One thing that has been totally consistent throughout all of those twelve years has been that you have been a cretin.