what widnes fans think about fev's application for super league

Just been looking at the forum, i like the one saying we have no youth set up.plus you would think they had massive crowds like the old days.

ROVERS ROVERS

WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).

ROVERS ROVERS

They are obviously worried if they feel the need to debate it so much ;)

And who's this Castlefield team one of the knowledgable idiots keeps mentioning :huh:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

I found reading that forum quite interesting, one of the possitives is that we have opened peoples eyes this season and hope it continues it is good to see them worrying, but on a realistic side as most of us know we won't get license this time around but maybe in the future it will be hard for the rfl to turn us down (although i am sure they will find something against us!) Two things that are dissapointing is that they comment on our fan base, i do believe our fan base is quite big but a lot don't come and support the boys, we are a little family and week in week out i see the same old friendly face so i do believe if we got a license we would have the fan base, i would be very dissapointed if Leigh got in they shouldn't either be in our league never mind sl. I do think C*s or wake will miss out this time but will be interesting to see who is put in!

Some of its interesting others are just plain stupid, i dunno if fev lions are classed as like our youth develapment, but one of them bangs on about producting 2 SL class players, but from lions you have players like Joe westerman, Tom briscoe, Rob burrow, Jamie Rooney etc. I dont think we will get in this time, be nice to apply to see what we need over next 3 years but can see us been a good contender for 2015 especially if cas and wake aint there

voohli.jpg

You must take into account there from the other side of the pennines so know little of the local set ups, i work with a Widnes fan hes the same age as me and remembers well the Rovers of old. Most Widnes fans have a great admiration for the Rovers. Fev Lions have the best or nearly the best teams in nearly every junior age group they are phenominal as for support well Rovers following as always been a bit strange mostly less than our 2 neighbours but come a big game and the support and type of support always blinds theres. I think its because there are 3 towns following Rovers Knottingley, Ponte and Fev i realise there are people following other teams from the towns but i dont see coaches and minibus pulling up in Knottingley or Ponte to take fans down Wheldon Lane

For a team that has Just lost on the last three meetings they have had with Fev they seem to have a lot of Confidence in themselves, they would seem to think the ground is all that matters.

One thing for sure they know how to Charge Super Duper prices to get into the place, also they are a bit to close to Warrington to get a licence lol

I.m not really bothered about what they have to say. There are some inaccuracies on there and some of the posts are ignorant of all things fev.

I'm more bothered about the the direction our club is going and how we are building a case for ourselves.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

For a team that has Just lost on the last three meetings they have had with Fev they seem to have a lot of Confidence in themselves, they would seem to think the ground is all that matters.

One thing for sure they know how to Charge Super Duper prices to get into the place, also they are a bit to close to Warrington to get a licence lol

And a multi millionaire as well which helps a little.

ROVERS ROVERS

WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).

ROVERS ROVERS

I.m not really bothered about what they have to say. There are some inaccuracies on there and some of the posts are ignorant of all things fev.

I'm more bothered about the the direction our club is going and how we are building a case for ourselves.

I'm with you on this matey but it is interesting to see how other clubs see us

Edited by Sportbilly

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

You must take into account there from the other side of the pennines so know little of the local set ups, i work with a Widnes fan hes the same age as me and remembers well the Rovers of old. Most Widnes fans have a great admiration for the Rovers. Fev Lions have the best or nearly the best teams in nearly every junior age group they are phenominal as for support well Rovers following as always been a bit strange mostly less than our 2 neighbours but come a big game and the support and type of support always blinds theres. I think its because there are 3 towns following Rovers Knottingley, Ponte and Fev i realise there are people following other teams from the towns but i dont see coaches and minibus pulling up in Knottingley or Ponte to take fans down Wheldon Lane

I agree Fev Lions juniors are a good club & have produced some good players for the pro game but they dont have the best teams or nearly the best teams at all age groups last seasons Yorkshire Junior League tables show, the Lions have only one team in the top division, & that team didnt win a game, but still a well run junior section.

Rovers had about 5000 fan at the League 2 Grand Final couple of years back, i know plenty who would come if we were in super league, just a shame they wont make the effort in this league, but its been as enjoyable watching this season as it was back in the 90's playing the big boys.

10 teams in 2 superleague with promotion and religation is the best way, i miss watching Cas and wakie fans crying after the last game of the season when 1 of them went down.

dont know why they dont bring back P&R but make sure the team that goes up one year is free from religation the next. and so on.

anyway bring on keithley

Rovers had about 5000 fan at the League 2 Grand Final couple of years back, i know plenty who would come if we were in super league, just a shame they wont make the effort in this league, but its been as enjoyable watching this season as it was back in the 90's playing the big boys.

10 teams in 2 superleague with promotion and religation is the best way, i miss watching Cas and wakie fans crying after the last game of the season when 1 of them went down.

dont know why they dont bring back P&R but make sure the team that goes up one year is free from religation the next. and so on.

anyway bring on keithley

It is quite obvious that Those Widnes folk are starting to think that a " Pit village" Might have enough Clout to make them look like fools. Oh if that happens, well a Rovers Wonderland..

Bang on Robin, couldn't give a hoot what other fans think, say or believe about us. It's all about what we do and what we believe.

Sportbilly - no it's not interesting to see how other clubs see us when what they see is mostly utter rubbish.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Being a Widnes supporter I can see what alot of our fans are trying to do in picking holes in other clubs SL applications. I'm sure none of what is being said is meant to cause any real offence to any other club (maybe Leigh ;) )

What alot of our supporters are merely doing is trying to big ourselves up in the hope that the RFL will sit up and take notice.

I hate what this franchising ###### has done to this game. The main rivalry used to be with the local derby.. but now its with sides on the other side of the hill just because they may be able to put in an application to be able to join the elite in 3 years time. its madness.

Yes we seem to have everything in place to join the top table and yes we are not doing to well in the league this season ( worst injury situation I've ever witnessed in any sport i've ever watched ) but at the end of the day we are a small town same as yourselves that has RL in its blood.

I for 1 would rather be in a Super League with Yourselves, Keithley, Batley and so on than be watching Widnes play artificial sides with no history or love of the game that are only there to sell sky dishes.

Also dont take what you read on TIW to much to heart as the majority of posters on that forum are young lads (14-20) with not much life knowledge and are becoming brainwashed by this whole situation caused by franchising.

Good luck for the rest of the season Fev and will be good to see if you can win the CC this season.. but watch out for us next season when hopefully we can go the season without the injuries we've seen this year.