Rugby League World

Will you be getting it?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be getting it?

• Yep
    • Nope

Lordy.

80 people have looked at this thread, and only 5 are committing to buy the mag.

C'mon you other 75, treat yerselves. ;)

John this will be the first thing I purchase in the morning, hows that?

John this will be the first thing I purchase in the morning, hows that?

Does it have the cricket results in it?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Would it make you more likely to buy it if it did?

Possibly, seeing Yorks are doing so well. :D

I'll be buying a copy in the morn if that makes you happy. :P

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I'll be buying a copy in the morn if that makes you happy. :P

It does! I can sleep easy now. :D

I hope the wholesalers don't muck things up and delay it appearing on the shelves on time as they have been wont to do in the recent past. It really should be out in all the usual places on Friday morning. Please report back if any problems. Ta.

If I win another cup John I'll buy 10 ;)

If you buy 10 we may be able to afford another cup!

Just buy one copy, but tell nine friends to buy it too.

In fact, everyone on here buy one copy and tell nine friends to buy it too!!

Word of mouth, that's what we need.

Lummee, three people have now voted 'nope' in the poll. Why not, you bounders??? :angry:

I'd buy it if I still lived in England - looks like a good read this month :)

Except {pedant subbing mode}, on-the-ground should be hyphenated (I suppose it might be actually, but it doesn't like it on screen) - otherwise it sounds like a special about the ground report :unsure:

That was the very first thing on the cover that jumped out at me - God, how sad am I? :(

Edited by DiH68

9-4 to the 'Ayes' so far.

Anyone seen it in the shops yet?

If so, go and liberate a copy from the evil clutches of your local newsagent. The price of its freedom from shelf tyranny is only

Anyone got it yet?

Aye.

I just finished last month's today.

This new one seems to have something missing, I know it's Rugby League "World" but it seems to be lacking on domestic things.

Dunno, seems to have too much international and historical articles.

And the blemish near the back remains. :dry: (No, not Dave Hadfield!)

...you dont think 8 years old would be keen?

Maybe, but the problem is how many 8 year olds actually read the mag? They are better served by matchday programmes for that sort of thing. Plus now the mag is properly bound, it's a lot harder to "pull out"!

When RLW used to do the pull out posters it was a jack of all trades mag, and consequently was a master of none. It instantly reduces the gravitas of the mag in the readers mind, regardless of the rest of the actual content. It would be ok if RL had a "Match" style mag, as that's where you would expect posters of football stars - after all you don't see posters of players in Four Four Two. Of course RL is nowhere near popular enough to sustain that sort of kids mag.

Since they got rid of the posters and the like, RLW is a much more focused and considered magazine - and all the better for it (IMO). I'm sure if John has a massive outpouring weeping for their return, they would be back. I wouldn't hold your breath though as I think it is the first and only time it has been brought up.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

For next month how about a free vuvuzela with each copy?

The kids would like that I reckon.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Lummee, three people have now voted 'nope' in the poll. Why not, you bounders??? :angry:

Because I live in Lincolnshire. I've never seen the mag on the shelves anywhere around here.

People called Romans they go the house

Because I live in Lincolnshire. I've never seen the mag on the shelves anywhere around here.

Fear not! You can order a single copy to be delivered by post anywhere in the UK, postage free, from here.

If you like what you see, you can then order a subscription which works out even cheaper, and on direct debit is only

Fear not! You can order a single copy to be delivered by post anywhere in the UK, postage free, from here.

If you like what you see, you can then order a subscription which works out even cheaper, and on direct debit is only

Bought it for the first time in ages and enjoyed it. A couple of fillers.... but thought that the JJB interview was very well done, and the usual excellence from Mr Hadfield. Sad to see the retirement of the French correspondent - will you be replacing the coverage of the French game?

Bought it for the first time in ages and enjoyed it. A couple of fillers.... but thought that the JJB interview was very well done, and the usual excellence from Mr Hadfield. Sad to see the retirement of the French correspondent - will you be replacing the coverage of the French game?

I've heard that ParisSurtout is getting the job. ;)