Barrow v Leigh, 4th v 2nd Sat 3rd July

22-6 now :D against a full strenght Leigh side.

HT now. :D

12 -36 ft in Dewsbury, now 28-12 to Barrow, 12 mins in the 2nd half gone.

34-18 NOW, Barrow were a bit sloppy then after going close twice previously, deny them the BP Barrow.10mins remaining.

Edited by mick wilson

34-24 now Barrow have gone asleep, come on Barrow, 2072 att tonight.

Full Time 34 24, sloppy barrow gave Leigh the BP which may be vital at the seasons end.

Good fight back Leigh.

Edited by mick wilson

well done Barrow, I suppose at least we got the bonus point

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Barrow are flying in the opening 20 mins or so 16-6, Leigh got a fluke try.

Commentators saying there's a good crowd in attendance.

Rams 0 Toulouse 18 so far.

34-24 now Barrow have gone asleep, come on Barrow, 2072 att tonight.

Full Time 34 24, sloppy barrow gave Leigh the BP which may be vital at the seasons end.

Good fight back Leigh.

They were wrong then weren't they. ;)

Looks like your getting a bit of form together at the right time. :angry:

No, they were correct.

That is a good crowd for last years champions. ;)

We would love more fans, who would,nt, at least ours are not plummeting as some of the others are.

Co-operative Championship table

Saturday, 3 July 2010 20:18 UK

Team P W D L F A BP PTS

1 Featherstone 14 13 0 1 493 224 1 40

2 Leigh 15 10 1 4 444 276 3 35

3 Barrow 13 10 1 2 421 228 0 32

4 Halifax 14 10 0 4 440 373 2 32

5 Toulouse 14 8 0 6 360 426 1 25

6 Widnes 13 6 0 7 420 316 5 23

7 Sheffield 14 6 1 7 354 383 3 23

8 Batley 13 5 0 8 301 322 5 20

9 Dewsbury 15 2 0 13 269 440 7 13

10 Whitehaven 15 2 0 13 200 505 4 10

11 Keighley 14 3 1 10 273 482 3 5

If it was not for your BP's Widnes would be 9th :P

Edited by mick wilson

How refreshing to read such an biased view on things well done. :D

After reading your own forum id say that i was more than fair and guess your own fans would say likewise as they are more damning than i've been here :P

We would love more fans, who would,nt, at least ours are not plummeting as some of the others are.

Co-operative Championship table

Saturday, 3 July 2010 20:18 UK

Team P W D L F A BP PTS

1 Featherstone 14 13 0 1 493 224 1 40

5 Toulouse 14 8 0 6 360 426 1 25

6 Widnes 13 6 0 7 420 316 5 23

7 Sheffield 14 6 1 7 354 383 3 23

8 Batley 13 5 0 8 301 322 5 20

11 Keighley 14 3 1 10 273 482 3 5

If it was not for your BP's Widnes would be 9th :P

What weird and wonderful formula are you using to get 9th?

I've been reading about talk of a 2,500 average desirable for championship clubs.

Todays game must have raised yours.

Whats it up to now?

About 1,800 ish?

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

What weird and wonderful formula are you using to get 9th?

I've been reading about talk of a 2,500 average desirable for championship clubs.

Todays game must have raised yours.

Whats it up to now?

About 1,800 ish?

Leigh was one of those games Mick was bragging hadn't been played yet to presumably bump Barrow's average to galactic proportions. One down, less and less to go.

Leigh was one of those games Mick was bragging hadn't been played yet to presumably bump Barrow's average to galactic proportions. One down, less and less to go.

BP you are sooooooooo desperate arnt you, bragging that we had not played Leigh, hardly, just stating the blinding obvious that wehave some of the higher placed sides to play at home which will boost our average attendance as it has tonight, so in factural terms I was right, but dont let facts get in your way will you. :wacko:

You will be bringing several hundred fans up to Barrow for our game wont you :unsure:

BP you are sooooooooo desperate arnt you, bragging that we had not played Leigh, hardly, just stating the blinding obvious that wehave some of the higher placed sides to play at home which will boost our average attendance as it has tonight, so in factural terms I was right, but dont let facts get in your way will you. :wacko:

You will be bringing several hundred fans up to Barrow for our game wont you :unsure:

Let's be clear here. Your average last season was 2,280. Your average so far for this season is 1,872. And considering the way many of our fans were treated last time we made the trip I doubt we will travel in as many numbers next time. And your big crowd last season was Whitehaven. Do you actually think they're going to make the trip in as great numbers either this season? You are currently not a few hundred away as you've lied about in the past, you are actually over a thousand fans every game away.

Next time you want to bash my club I suggest you take all that into account.

Edited by Bulletproof

Let's be clear here. Your average last season was 2,280. Your average so far for this season is 1,872. And considering the way many of our fans were treated last time we made the trip I doubt we will travel in as many numbers next time. And your big crowd last season was Whitehaven. Do you actually think they're going to make the trip in as great numbers either this season? You are currently not a few hundred away as you've lied about in the past, you are actually over a thousand fans every game away.

Next time you want to bash my club I suggest you take all that into account.

I will try to understand some of this rambling.

1, You will be bringing less supporters this time. (you claim because of bad treatment ????) Id say its because you lose more games than you win)

2, You say Haven will bring less supporters to Barrow WHEN WE PLAY THEM........We have already played them and your right they did bring far less than usual, but they are having a terrible season and their support is voting with their feet, it was also just after the shooting tragedy , mid week and live on the box, so it did have a negative on the crowd.

You say we are over a thousand down yet, your quoted numbers imply 408 down but we still have home games to play. your posts directed to me are becoming increasingly abusive which says a lot about you.

This thread was about two top 6 sides playing each other, what a surprise to see it hijacked by Widnes troll types, whats a matter you feeling lonely or summat :lol:

PS, "widnes have run the bring a friend for free promotion a couple of times with great success"

Do you still count these "free fans" in your attendance figures ? We have not done these type of schemes yet, maybe we should .

Edited by mick wilson

I will try to understand some of this rambling.

1, You will be bringing less supporters this time. (you claim because of bad treatment ????) Id say its because you lose more games than you win)

2, You say Haven will bring less supporters to Barrow WHEN WE PLAY THEM........We have already played them and your right they did bring far less than usual, but they are having a terrible season and their support is voting with their feet, it was also just after the shooting tragedy , mid week and live on the box, so it did have a negative on the crowd.

You say we are over a thousand down yet, your quoted numbers imply 408 down but we still have home games to play. your posts directed to me are becoming increasingly abusive which says a lot about you.

This thread was about two top 6 sides playing each other, what a surprise to see it hijacked by Widnes troll types, whats a matter you feeling lonely or summat :lol:

PS, "widnes have run the bring a friend for free promotion a couple of times with great success"

Do you still count these "free fans" in your attendance figures ? We have not done these type of schemes yet, maybe we should .

1. You are a thousand down on US, as you probably well knew. You are 408 fans per game down on last season, so why on earth do you spend so long on here criticising my clubs crowds?

2. We brought a considerable amount to Batley the other day, we always bring a lot of fans. Kind of rich you expecting us to bump up your own crowds when you don't bring half as many to our place.

3. Bring a friend hasn't been used this season at all. In fact, no such schemes have.

4. This isn't trolling. You bring this on yourself. You attack Widnes at every opportunity and big up your own club. This is the natural reaction you will garner. You claim we wont bring many to your place because we're losing, yet you won the league last season and have lost considerable amounts of fans so far according to your average. Next time you want to have a crack at Widnes, I wouldn't bother. We're stronger than you in almost every area.

Where's Henderson?

We're stronger than you in almost every area.

So says a Widnes fan about Barrow. Er ... except winning matches. Forgive me but I thought that bit was important.

When deciding which teams are deserving of top flight status? It used to be, and there aren't many fans down here who wouldn't bring back P & R no matter which team they support.

But I suspect if Barrow had had our injury list throughout the season they'd be in a very similar position.

We're stronger than you in almost every area.

So says a Widnes fan about Barrow. Er ... except winning matches. Forgive me but I thought that bit was important.

lol

We have ticked several box's on the SL License quest, so have you & other clubs likewise, who is to say who has the strongest chance, the RL that's who.

You have had a great history, better than ourselves trophy winning wise, you have had your chance in SL and enjoyed the big fat cheques that come with the territory, but your club has WASTED those chances and been in serious financial trouble (bankrupt,insolvent, liquidation) what ever term you want to call it, TWICE.

Maybe if we had not be so prudent and lived within well our means, in other words well managed and professionally operated, we may have a NEW SHINEY (( RENTED )) Stadium you lot love to brag about.

If the SL really want to give a license to boom n bust clubs , your welcome to it.

But if they want steady, improving, solid, financially sound, re-emerging clubs without other SL competing (for fan base) clubs on our door step, well others may be in contention.

The prolonged arrogance by some of the Windes support is astounding.

But I suspect if Barrow had had our injury list throughout the season they'd be in a very similar position.

We lost our leading try scorer in the 1st game of the season (still out)

We had had a very large injury list for most of the season (we dont use it as an excuse)

We have several long term injuries (see above)

We have Hendo missing & a recruitment ban until this club v player issuse is resolved, so we can not add fresh bodies to ease our walking wounded player shortage (see above)

We have only lost 2 league games to your SEVEN, With your operating budget being higher due to higher attendances & your close proximity to the so called heartlands means you get way more away fans visiting you, plus its easier to attract SL Dual Redgisterd players etc.

We have also had 2 away games in the CC against SL clubs to fit in, So id say we are handling our crisis far better than you.

The Wigan walk, Now met the The Widnes whinge. :lol:

The table doesnt lie.

1 Featherstone 15 14 0 1 517 230 1 43

5 Sheffield 15 7 1 7 374 395 3 26

6 Toulouse 14 8 0 6 360 426 1 25

7 Widnes 13 6 0 7 420 316 5 23

8 Batley 14 5 0 9 313 342 6 21

11 Keighley 15 3 1 11 279 506 3 5

Mick, ignore what Widnes fans say, it's normally said from their backsides.

Enjoy the rest of the season and hopefully see you down at Fev, be a terrific match if it was to decide the title, could see 5,000 there.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

The prolonged arrogance by some of the Windes support is astounding.

It beats the pathetic one-eyed Widnes bashing that we constantly get from you. The only reason anybody commented on this thread is because you constantly comment on Widnes threads. It was a personal attack at you to show your hypocrisy.

You can put whatever spin you like on it, but Widnes still far far outweigh Barrow. One of your biggest games of the season and you still get nearly 35% lower than what our lowest crowd will be,

Better stadium

Better crowds

Better juniors

On the pitch matters far less with licensing. We decided to invest in our youth so that we could pass the criteria rather than invest in players for the short term. In the long run ours will pay off far better than yours. You may have woken up but it's far too late.

You also make our like Barrow are a team on the up, as has been pointed out your average is down 4-500. Your average last year was 2,302 but this year you can only get 2,000 for Leigh?

Most Widnes fans like to see Barrow do well, but unfortunately when it comes the forums your doing a brilliant job of making sure that isn't the case. You're just Lobbygobbler for Barrow, trying to chip away at Widnes all the time in the hope that Barrow will get picked over us.

You may well be but if you are it will have nothing to do with any licensing criteria.