Top Posters In This Topic

going for a cracker:

fev 42 leigh 0

only becuse we seem to want it this season so bad

1st try briggs

mom matty dale

crowd 2590

:D:D:D

What does anybody reckon the team will be? Will Field play and who would be your centres?

Great. As i've posted before if we can win the regular season that will do me.Obviously a grand final win would be good but for me, to be top at the end of the league season should be the pinacle and not the play offs which should be an extra competition IMHO.

The problem is MONEY win the league and we get no money. Get to the grand final and lose we pick up 30k, win it and we get 100k, we could do with the money

We Leythers live in hope, but our recent 'form', for want of a better word, indicates a long night for the Centurions. Two wins out of our last six league games (against bottom two, Whitehaven & Keighley) doesn't fill us with optimism. Saturday's performance at Barrow was disappointing, until the final 20 minutes. We did well to get a BP, and would do likewise tomorrow.

The problem is MONEY win the league and we get no money. Get to the grand final and lose we pick up 30k, win it and we get 100k, we could do with the money

It's sad - the team that wins the league, is the BEST team, over a full season. The team that wins the GF could just get it right a few times, and get all the glory and cash!

On current form we should have enough to beat Leigh who are off form. Im still not convinced about our home form though and if Leigh are in the right frame of mind it could be tough.

Ill go for a win but similar to Widnes game:

28-22

MOM: Hardman

1st try: Dickens

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

If we can get it right we can win if we are anywhere near last sundays performance we will loose its that simple.

ill go for we get it right tonight, but will be pushed all the way.

Rovers 30 - 22 Leigh

mom: Briggs

try: grayshon

Att 2231

COME ON ROVERS !!!!

Don't know why but i've got a bad feeling about tonight, really hope i'm wrong :(

The longer you keep winning Phil the bigger those bad feelings build up knowing that one day you HAVE to lose;

But it doesn't have to be tonight.

I just can't see us winning this one with our poor game last week and with the injuries. I'll go with fev 18 Leigh 38 :(

Good all round performance Stuey Dickens gave 100% as always. We did seem to be a little bit vulnerable on the wings when they were attacking on the line, but Man of the Match for me was Sam Smeaton with Briggs as a close runner up. Very pround of our Lads tonight, more of the same PLEASE :rolleyes::D:D:D:D

Good all round performance Stuey Dickens gave 100% as always. We did seem to be a little bit vulnerable on the wings when they were attacking on the line, but Man of the Match for me was Sam Smeaton with Briggs as a close runner up. Very pround of our Lads tonight, more of the same PLEASE :rolleyes::D:D:D:D

Sam Smeaton had his most confident game I've seen him have in a Rovers shirt so far. Good game played by two good sides.Welham and Hardaker are two excellent young uns. good game for telly.

Awesome display tonight. Some top drawer tries with build ups that matched the SL. A few "giddy" moments but the support play was spot on. Ten out of ten to all the lads and coaching staff. We were really up for it tonight.

The boys knew this was a big result, they were singing from the changing rooms as loud as anything!

Some quality stuff, some excellent tries, a shame we switched off for patches, but we looked dead comfortable near the end and closed it out pretty comfy

A great win again. A big thank you to DP and the lads. Some great tries (the first Smeaton try was a belter) and great tackles (the Briggs ball steal clinching the win).

Off to watch the game on Sky+, still buzzing no chance of sleeping :P

the lads did well, Smeaton MOM for me as well, although Tonks, Welhem, Kaye, Finn (kicks were awesome) Dickens and Hardacker were outstanding. Well played lads we are actually nearly there!

UP THE ROVERS!

Thought I'd get this in before anyone mentions about our lack of away support tonight, but it seems that the M62 was shut in both directions from about 6pm onwards which meant that our club coach(es) couldn't get over to Yorkshire, presumably along with anyone who was driving over after work etc - in the circumstances, I don't think we did too badly in the end!

Thought I'd get this in before anyone mentions about our lack of away support tonight, but it seems that the M62 was shut in both directions from about 6pm onwards which meant that our club coach(es) couldn't get over to Yorkshire, presumably along with anyone who was driving over after work etc - in the circumstances, I don't think we did too badly in the end!

Tha'll say owt ;) but it was an unusually low turnout for Leigh.

Thought we worked hard, still patchy and with mistakes, but some great flowing football, its great when we look dangerous from anywhere on the field :D

Cummins Out.

We nevercreally looked like letting the game slip away tbh. Was a top effort, the boys were pumped up big time!

Roll on whitehaven for a good jolly up, hopefully I'll have my voice bak then

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

I heard that last night Matt from a Rovers director. The same thing happened when we played Widnes.

frankslater1copy.jpg

We left ourselves too much to do after our poor start and gave away too many daft penalties late in the tackle count.

A very entertaining game which Fev deserved to win.Winning the league is OK but it will be the playoffs when Leigh will cut out the indiscipline and sometimes poor defence and surprise you ;)

Regarding the closure of the M62 it cost me a fortune in phone calls from mates stuck on the motorway. Ah well off to the bank.

We left ourselves too much to do after our poor start and gave away too many daft penalties late in the tackle count.

.Winning the league is OK but it will be the playoffs when Leigh will cut out the indiscipline and sometimes poor defence and surprise you ;)

I think you need to work on your attacking moves more created very little last night

2nd try speculative kick manning fumbled leigh regain possesion FEV out of position michell try 4pts

4th try Finn kick no attempt from from robbie ball hits shoulder falls to Blythe' scores in corner 4pts

last try grubber hits leigh player then FEV player back to Goulden try 6pts

on all three ocassions the bounce of the ball and the outcome could have been different giving a score of FEV 34 centurians 12 but it didn't and they all counted and thats what we all love about the greatest game.