Harlequins RL vs Bradford Bulls

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Harlequins RL
    • Bradford Bulls
    • Draw

Bradford's discipline was terrible. As bad as I have seen. And the rest of the display wasn't that good either so not reading too much into it.

Quins scored some nice tries, the first Ben Jones Bishop one and the Melling effort were eye catching.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harlequins RL 35-12 Bradford Bulls after 65:00 minutes.

This is disgusting to watch and to think I spent four hours baking in a car to come and watch this inept, clueless display.

God given right to win eh Mick.

Come on, give some respect to the opposition.

Do you see Quins as some sort of "if we cant beat these" merchants.

This is Superleague and all the clubs can beat each other. You've had a winning streak, have the good grace to accept a losing one.

The idea the Bradford players did not care/bother is also disrespectful.

You'll be a great RL media man once you pack in the nonsense......

God given right to win eh Mick.

Come on, give some respect to the opposition.

Do you see Quins as some sort of "if we cant beat these" merchants.

This is Superleague and all the clubs can beat each other. You've had a winning streak, have the good grace to accept a losing one.

The idea the Bradford players did not care/bother is also disrespectful.

You'll be a great RL media man once you pack in the nonsense......

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you not read my posts?

See here

Second half is underway and we start with a penalty to Harlequins for a non play the ball by the Bulls and I've not left a game early since my dad dragged me out of Burnden Park at half time back in 1992.

There is just no effort or determination from the players, and don't take that away from the Harlequins players who have put in a flawless and ruthless display. The defence has been amazing.

If the bit in bold isn't giving respect to Harlequins I don't know what is.

Listened to this on 5 live ex.

Bradford going 18 down so early forced them into a bit of panic, it seemed, loads of wild passes and handling when calm it down and try to get back into the game.

Menzies seemed to get over-frustrated by everything he'd tried failing, and the game slipping away, and even the commentary team were amazed it took Silverwood so long to send him for a cool down.

The d/g was interesting. It wasn't actually needed, but Quins looked at the game-clock, and knew it was last play and took the point.

Without the clock would they have gone for it?

How much of a benefit is it knowing when it's your last play?

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

To rub salt into this sorry performance Harlequins had four of there most influential players in Purdham, Randall, Temata and Howell missing.

Reported in T&A that Langley aggravated his quad injury again. Sounds like it could be season over if he is out for a similar period once again.

Bulls were poor on so many aspects of the game it's hard to know where to start. I disagree with Tommy that Quins were particularly brilliant, not that they needed to be as the Bulls imploded. A team that that was 'brilliant' would have put eighty past the Bulls on last night's showing. Sad to say, when someone with the experience, class and composure of Steve Menzies starts annoying the ref then then there is little hope for the rest.

I think Menzies was frustrated with his team mates, because although some of his off-loads weren't perfect, they were catchable and I feel ( as I think he might have done) the men outside could have made a better effort at pulling them in.

I think a few were exempt from too much criticism, particularly Koppy who had, probably his best game for some time, Kearny looked lively, Andy Lynch did his usual solid work both with and without the ball. I thought Danny Addy had his moments too though asking youngsters to take a leading role when senior pros were falling down isn't really fair, imo, particularly since the forwards never really provided anything like the platform needed.

Young Crossley took his try well and showed a lot of determination. Godwin and Platty also buzzed about somewhat, though often to little real effect, and finally Mike Worrincy seemed invigorated to be playing his old colleagues.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

The d/g was interesting. It wasn't actually needed, but Quins looked at the game-clock, and knew it was last play and took the point.

Without the clock would they have gone for it?

How much of a benefit is it knowing when it's your last play?

It seems this season there has to be a match clock at every SL ground, which is so blindingly obvious that I didn't realise... if that makes sense! I can't believe no-one thought to do it sooner.

Edit: I remember reading (maybe Dave Hadfield in RLW) that timekeeping became an RFL responsibility.

Edited by hindle xiii

It seems this season there has to be a match clock at every SL ground, which is so blindingly obvious that I didn't realise... if that makes sense! I can't believe no-one thought to do it sooner.

Edit: I remember reading (maybe Dave Hadfield in RLW) that timekeeping became an RFL responsibility.

TBH, it should have been done sooner.

Sky games with the screen had the game-clock, and a team knew when they were in all-or nothing time, no screen, and a team could miss the chance.

That aspect is evened up.

Would Saints have gone for that "Wide to West" play if they hadn't known it was the final play, thought they had 2 more in the bag etc?

Anyway, this is a bit away from the game thread.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Since the Setting sun was directly in the eyes of the fans sitting in the Etihad Stand last night . Harlequins first half-performance truly was blinding...

A rare pearl in a sea of excremental performances by Harlequins. We were spirited by Bradford were truly dire you made us look good but St Helens next Sunday and normal Quins service will be resumed :(

In spite of all the wailing and gnashing of teeth by the Herd. Bulls fans might care to ponder on what it feels like to support a side like Harlequins or Salford or Celtic, Clubs that have never had a Bandwagon in the car park so to speak so forgive for being less than sympathetic to your plight.

BTW Friday night pulled in 3,125 last year was 3,112. An increase of 13 but to my eyes not the first time a Quins attendance figure is doubtful and certainly includes the Parents of the kids participating in "The Big Dance" - Some of whom left soon after kickoff - The Hearts of course not for the first time this season not present - As we rent our cheerleaders probably another cost cutting measure :(

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

A rare pearl in a sea of excremental performances by Harlequins. We were spirited by Bradford were truly dire you made us look good but St Helens next Sunday and normal Quins service will be resumed :(
Did Catalans beating them not show you that the Saints are vulnerable at the moment? Everyone expects a backlash, but perhaps not if the Quins take heart.

BTW Friday night pulled in 3,125 last year was 3,112. An increase of 13 ...

Last year was semi-final day too, back when Wire weren't annoying! :lol:;)

Did Catalans beating them not show you that the Saints are vulnerable at the moment? Everyone expects a backlash, but perhaps not if the Quins take heart.

Last year was semi-final day too, back when Wire weren't annoying! :lol:;)

Andrew, you really must stick to the thread. ;)

Quins / Bulls, not the glamours club's thread. :P

jealsouy is not good my friend.

Best wishes and only 2 more defeats to match Jimmy Lowes (poss next coach at bulls)

Edited by 1976PMJwires

Got to say I was surprised just how poor Bradford were on the night.

Thought Worrincey was certainly going for it though. Like the look of Addy to.

Pleased with the points, cant say I thought we were dramatically better

than the Bulls but then yes there were a few influential players missing.

Enjoyed the friday night experience at the ground if not the drag of getting round the M25 though.

Dont suppose we can read anything into Latham Tawhai undertaking the press conference afterwards. ? ;)

Since the Setting sun was directly in the eyes of the fans sitting in the Etihad Stand last night . Harlequins first half-performance truly was blinding...

In spite of all the wailing and gnashing of teeth by the Herd. Bulls fans might care to ponder on what it feels like to support a side like Harlequins or Salford or Celtic, Clubs that have never had a Bandwagon in the car park so to speak so forgive for being less than sympathetic to your plight.

BTW Friday night pulled in 3,125 last year was 3,112. An increase of 13 but to my eyes not the first time a Quins attendance figure is doubtful and certainly includes the Parents of the kids participating in "The Big Dance" - Some of whom left soon after kickoff - The Hearts of course not for the first time this season not present - As we rent our cheerleaders probably another cost cutting measure :(

I think perhaps you might ponder what it is like to see your club go bust as ours did in 1963, when we famously, to quote the then chairman "didn't own a bootlace", never mind a bandwagon, or even a carpark to put one in. Believe me, there's no need to tell supporters of Bradford about the hardships of life because we wrote the manual. It's not always been sponge fingers and super league, you know!

I think perhaps you might ponder what it is like to see your club go bust as ours did in 1963, when we famously, to quote the then chairman "didn't own a bootlace", never mind a bandwagon, or even a carpark to put one in. Believe me, there's no need to tell supporters of Bradford about the hardships of life because we wrote the manual. It's not always been sponge fingers and super league, you know!

I went to the match, and I knew it was going to be a bad night when I found my wife had not packed me a Bulls shirt. The announcer appeared to have been trained by the railway announcers union. no wonder they can't get crowds. Bulls never started, and gradually got worse as the match went on. The ref appeared to have forgotten the rules, and to make up some of his own. This is not to take anything from the Quins who outplayed a bedraggelled Bulls team, who gradually got worse, and Iwould have thought that this was impossible as the game went on.. What there was of Bulls passing was attrocious, and I suppose there must have been a time they managed the full number of plays, but I ncan't remember one. Why is a back flick, which is supposed to fool the defence but can't be caught by the wingman and goes into touch constantly used by the Bulls.

Sadly, it was all so bad I left early, I couldn't stand any more, this was a terrible performance by the Bulls, who were no match for the Quins, and I really hope the ref can start to perform better, he must spoil some good matches, when there are two teams actually performing, I couldn't believe that he appeared to have no knowledge of the 'knock on rules'

danny Orr was in outstanding form, and I hope won Man of the Match.

I went to the match, and I knew it was going to be a bad night when I found my wife had not packed me a Bulls shirt. The announcer appeared to have been trained by the railway announcers union. no wonder they can't get crowds. Bulls never started, and gradually got worse as the match went on. The ref appeared to have forgotten the rules, and to make up some of his own. This is not to take anything from the Quins who outplayed a bedraggelled Bulls team, who gradually got worse, and Iwould have thought that this was impossible as the game went on.. What there was of Bulls passing was attrocious, and I suppose there must have been a time they managed the full number of plays, but I ncan't remember one. Why is a back flick, which is supposed to fool the defence but can't be caught by the wingman and goes into touch constantly used by the Bulls.

Sadly, it was all so bad I left early, I couldn't stand any more, this was a terrible performance by the Bulls, who were no match for the Quins, and I really hope the ref can start to perform better, he must spoil some good matches, when there are two teams actually performing, I couldn't believe that he appeared to have no knowledge of the 'knock on rules'

I don't want to get into bagging the ref because whatever he did, or didn't do, he was no where near as bad as we were. The one thing that bugged me about him ('cos, despite the more measured comments made later, I do get wound up during games, sorry for being a fan B) ) was when he gave only two penalties, out of the dozens he could have pinged, for not playing the ball and BOTH against us! The rest we deserved.

The one handed passes out of 'the back door' are a very common thing in RL these days, every team does it, and Menzies normally does it extremely well, lose that and you lose a lot of his effectiveness imo. It does mean that players backing up should be alert, as in mentally switched on, and I think that the fact they weren't was a big part of the problem at the stoop. In fact the mental attitude just wasn't right all along. I'm far from sure telling players to play more conservatively is the answer to be honest.

This announcer is a million times better than having an Aussie (perceiving the sport as foreign), who was the previous one until recently.

This announcer is a million times better than having an Aussie (perceiving the sport as foreign), who was the previous one until recently.

No mate, 'The Aussie' as you call him used to get the names right but the guy on Friday night couldn't even get the names of former Quins players right. I'm sorry but if an announcer isn't sure about pronunciation he should check, to not do so is just plain amateurish and gives a poor impression.

3 our of 10. Not much better than the Bulls were :rolleyes: