next round of licences

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres numerous jokes just waiting to come out for this thread (tv, dog etc) but I don't think any will be funnier than the original post :rolleyes:

Have you not seen the Widnes forum over the last 2 years........ its in the bag! :dry:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

does anyone know the date the next set of licences will be announced!

I need to put some writing on a wall!!! :lol::lol:

Could be wrong but sure i read somewhere that the team from the championship that gets the nod will be announced early next season. The team that gets the boot will be announced at the end of next season

My cynical mind tells me that it was announced to Widnes when chairman, Steve O'Connor requested a meeting about three weeks after the first set of licences were revealed. It was a bit like the meeting which Cas had with the RFL after they'd been relegated through Wigan's cheating of the salary cap. Everything went quiet, Terry Matterson immediately signed a 2 year extension even before they'd reached the GF, despite previously taking an age to decide whether the NL was good enough for him when Cas went down.

Steve O'Connor has twice assured Widnes fans that their team will be in SL this time around. He wouldn't be stupid enough to do that if he hadn't been given a nodand a wink. So Robin get writing on that wall. The team going up starts with a W and is a cert. I hope and pray that the team coming down begins with the same letter.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

Steve O'Connor has twice assured Widnes fans that their team will be in SL this time around. He wouldn't be stupid enough to do that if he hadn't been given a nodand a wink. So Robin get writing on that wall. The team going up starts with a W and is a cert. I hope and pray that the team coming down begins with the same letter.

It's a possibility, after all winning the Challenge Cup wasn't including in the 'box ticking' list ;)

The team going up starts with a W and is a cert. I hope and pray that the team coming down begins with the same letter.

Terry, I've been telling everyone I know that will be the outcome for months now - and why! B)B)

Wakey are as good as shot!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I hope Wakefield stay up, to be honest. We get on well with their lot after we played them in the cup last year but it's hardly a good day out going there. If Widnes are the ones going up then it means our local derby will be Halifax!

There's been rumblings in the game from the odd person I know at different clubs have posed convincing arguments to that effect.

In addition, look at the length of contracts wakey are offering. Look at the type and quality of player they are signing for next year and for how long!! Now It's well rumoured that they are on their @rse financially, tho I add, this is just rumour and I have no intention validating this on here B) (tho I may do personally) , and that maybe a reason. But I'm suggesting that all things point to a championship future for wakey, and I reckon their BoD knows it!

Just my observations n'all that Terry!! - tells ya - wakey a cert!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

My cynical mind tells me that it was announced to Widnes when chairman, Steve O'Connor requested a meeting about three weeks after the first set of licences were revealed. It was a bit like the meeting which Cas had with the RFL after they'd been relegated through Wigan's cheating of the salary cap. Everything went quiet, Terry Matterson immediately signed a 2 year extension even before they'd reached the GF, despite previously taking an age to decide whether the NL was good enough for him when Cas went down.

Living the other side of Fev to you Terry i pray the relegated team begins with C but and i mean but if it began with W i would settle for that

Think its about a years time when the next franchises are announced and if its not widnes ill eat my head.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Living the other side of Fev to you Terry i pray the relegated team begins with C but and i mean but if it began with W i would settle for that

Catalans would be no loss, but relegating Wigan???? Can't see it mate :D

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Conversely likewise Dave, if that makes sense.

perfect lol

Always fascinated me the fact that people living your neck of the woods dislike another team more than Cas, i have spoke to many people over the years who live around there and they all dislike Wakey more. Round here there not even on the scale when compared to our amber neighbours, well theres nawt as queer as folk as they say

I'm sorry folks, but you heard it here (Just like Powell and Sheridan being the new coaches 2 years ago). If you think any of the current frachise holders are going to lose theirs, think again, from what I have heard it will be an augmentation of the SL rather than a straight swap! a bigger SL in 2 years time without any current drop outs.

For what it is worth a team where Everton reserves play their home games and a team with a nuclear power station will be the augmentees.

Anotrher problem if/when Super League expands, the overlords could spread each round over four days, this would mean kiss my stinky ass to Sky NL1 games on a Thursday, in preference to a sort of "foreplay" Sl game of the round for the "w*****s" on the Thursday night, or more professionally put the lesser teams such as Sal...whoops or Tol...whoops or Wak...whoops or as you say "Sidmiester" Donny v Workington this would then bring in extra income to the afore said "untermenscher" of the SL, thus keeping them nicely afloat.

But as my mar used to say in her positive times, (usually when I'd said to her that I'd f****d up yet another exam)

"I'm sure that everything will be alright".

well, maybe eh?

Got to log off now, as I'm revising another resit.

Edited by Andrew Vause

Every time this subject comes up i say a little prayer "please let it be Wakefield". I well remember when they went into SL, the championship clubs gave them god knows how many hundred thousand pounds because they were not due any SL money. The first thing they did was vote against P+R. They have also conned the whole of RL with their blatherings about their "new ground". It's about time the RL heirarchy said enough is enough and KICKED them out.

Widnes are nailed on to go up and bl00dy good riddance to them.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Lowfield, you are absurd!!!!

You will never understand because you live in la, la land

The fact is the people who live east of Fev hate Cas, people West of Fev hate Wakey, absurd it may be but it is a fact. ask em

Edited by LOWFIELD

You will never understand because you live in la, la land

The fact is the people who live east of Fev hate Cas, people West of Fev hate Wakey, absurd it may be but it is a fact. ask em

You are right with me, every Friday I hope the Wakey Express reports that Trinity have gone bust. I live in hope

Ackworth probably an eqi-distance from both of them = hate them both with a slight lean towards cas.

Ackworth Jaguars a team to rival the rovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.carbonzerosolutions.com