Wakey Chairman skint

F.Slater

Heard on the Radio that Wildcats chairman Ted Richardson has entered into an IVA, apparantly to stave off bankruptcy - Will this affect the wildcats future ?

Edited by F.Slater
frankslater1copy.jpg

Unfortunately they always seem to find another backer, at least it wont be the council this time. Look forward to playing them sooner rather than later. If a super league team go into administration do they get relegated /kicked out the following season or just get re branded into another area?

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

Another thing, if the new grounds application fails....... where will they play?

They have sold Belle view and spent the money so surely the developer will want to take over what is rightly his sometime soon???

Could be worse for them than they are letting on :O

The weak conform, the strong survive.

It really does look bleak for Wakefield from the outside looking in, not only have they sold their ground, their new ground is constantly knocked back because its in Leeds council area and their residents aren't happy at the prospect of a nature reserve being turned into a busy area with a stadium and several other ventures happening around there.

Every few months we hear that the tax man is knocking at the door or somebody high up at the club is going into debt or having a fall out with the other members.

The fact John Kear was willing to go to Catalans further down the table than Wakefield says something about the future of the club.

Most of my mates are Wakefield fans and would hate it if their club were to fold (Gates are always welcome down here though...) but their past actions make it hard for me to feel sorry for them.

Cummins Out.

It's a fickle World and that's why I caution about entering Super League unprepared. Our progress is relentless but under control, that is the way forward , it also shows the folly of having one man financing a club and the frailty of the situation. I'm not laughing about it, I think it is sad, but someone , somewhere knew this would happen and very little seems to be happening to avert the situation.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.