Crowd V Sheffield

LOWFIELD

I know the crowds we are getting have been very disapointing to the board, after we drew 2k plus for both Keighley and Toulouse i thought we had cracked it but then we get 1.7 k for Dewsbury and Widnes and only 1.6k for Leigh. I know there were circumstances for Widnes and Leigh but we should be pulling more fans in. If we dont something will surely have to give and that will probably be players of lesser quality, i dont know what we can do but i think we should all encourage a new or lapsed fan to the Sheffield game when we could hopefully recieve the league leaders trophy, i dont want to go back to watching us play teams like Blackpool in front of 900, lets try our best to get some fans back

With potentially so much riding on this home game, we should all be pushing the message out, make sure that they're available Thursday too because no doubt a win at Whitehaven will make this a Sky game.

Be nice if we could manage to top the crowd we got for the Crusaders match from 2007, and get over 4k.

Cummins Out.

I'd love to see a big crowd in but I just can't see it. We all know its a fine achievement if we do it but it doesn't mean much nowadays in the current set up.

I hope I'm wrong though and there is a queue a mile long down Station Lane. Lets just hope Mark Aston doesn't spoil our party (and Whitehaven!) :rolleyes:

I know Sky usually get what they want but 4 days notice to bring a game forward is not enough for me...infact we'd probably get more in on the sunday

Edited by Sportbilly

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

I know I have said this many times but the easiest way of increasing the crowd is bringing a kid with you. It costs only

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

we should be banging the doors down at the schools but when do they break up for summer

one more week after this

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Im putting everything into making the Sheffield game, I won't

be able to travel for the play offs even if we get to the final, so this will be my Final.

Edited by Bob Fowler

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

I'd love to see a big crowd in but I just can't see it. We all know its a fine achievement if we do it but it doesn't mean much nowadays in the current set up.

I hope I'm wrong though and there is a queue a mile long down Station Lane. Lets just hope Mark Aston doesn't spoil our party (and Whitehaven!) :rolleyes:

Surely you expect a smaller attending crowd when the 'floaters' can stat at home and watch in on television. Incidentally do we get anything for being on tele? Most people I have spoken to say no.

no!

So a televised game means a smaller crowd. There is no income from the tele people. Are we saying that there is nothing in it for the home club? If so why have a televised game. Bad economics.

on skysports.com there is definately a game pencilled in for thurs 29th....TBC V TBC 7.30PM KO

A win at haven and I think its nailed on to be us......less rest for the players...less marketing time.....sponsors etc.......and a bit of a bummer for me cos I'm on afters....

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

on skysports.com there is definately a game pencilled in for thurs 29th....TBC V TBC 7.30PM KO

A win at haven and I think its nailed on to be us......less rest for the players...less marketing time.....sponsors etc.......and a bit of a bummer for me cos I'm on afters....

Pretty sure they've got to give us more notice than that, I thought 4 weeks but we're already inside that. I reckon it will be confirmed this week, and hopefully we'll stay on Sunday as I'm on (a carefully positioned)holiday that week and not back till Saturday.

Pure Green Heaven, Hammonds Mint Sauce

In my opinion weve pushed the club all season to try and get folk to come to the games, weve done all we can now, its beginning to feel like we are flogging a dead horse, you mention it, and people say 'yeah i might come' and never show up for whatever reason

Look at the wire game, we pushed, took a big following, how many of those turn up week in week out who went to that game?

Its now come to a point when we should be concentrating on a recruitment drive for next season for me

Im all for a big crowd but if they want to come they will come, no matter what we say or do

Those who think we will get 3k are living in a fantasy land, i think theres 3k worth of Fev fans, but not 3k worth of fans who will pay to go to games especially if it gets to be on sky as well

And lets not forget Sheffield will bring nobody

Weve done great this season with the crowds weve been able to get, especially away from home, even the players acknowledge that, they are surely up on last season, if we go all the way im sure they will go up next season, it happened at Barrow, surely it will happen here, thats where we should be concentrating recruitment on

Barring toulouse away ive turned up week in week out home and away and im lucky enough to have circumstances that allow that, i know people whove done the same and people who sit around me are there every week or nearly all the time, id rather celebrate a potential trophy night with these people, those whove put the money in all season and whos circumstances have allowed them to turn up most weeks and not those who are turning up because its a potential trophy night, a chance to get wrecked and have little interest to be there next game or next season

Edited by elppaxr2i

Barring toulouse away ive turned up week in week out home and away and im lucky enough to have circumstances that allow that, i know people whove done the same and people who sit around me are there every week or nearly all the time, id rather celebrate a potential trophy night with these people, those whove put the money in all season and whos circumstances have allowed them to turn up most weeks and not those who are turning up because its a potential trophy night, a chance to get wrecked and have little interest to be there next game or next season

I dont care who im celebrating with as long as they have paid through the gate, even if there only intention is to get wrecked, some people can only attend the odd game and they shouldnt really be made to feel guilty about it.

We got 3k for the Celtic game in the division below and they brought hardly any fans

Edited by LOWFIELD

So a televised game means a smaller crowd. There is no income from the tele people. Are we saying that there is nothing in it for the home club? If so why have a televised game. Bad economics.

The facts dont really back up what your saying, we got 2.2k for both Toulouse and Keighley on a televised Thursday night, would we of beat this on a Sunday? After the crowd figures for the last few Sunday games i would say no

Surely you expect a smaller attending crowd when the 'floaters' can stat at home and watch in on television. Incidentally do we get anything for being on tele? Most people I have spoken to say no.

The biggest crowd in recent memory was the Celtic Game which was on Sky???? I thought we DID get some money from Sky. I would imagine all other takings on the day could be better on a Thursday than a Sunday? In the programme notes from Leigh, our Chairman was suggesting night games could be better alround?

We get a small payment from sky, which I believe is to cover the expenses of the Sky team!

Other than that - we get sod all!!

I suppose they could argue the 100k we get every year comes from sky

We get a small payment from sky, which I believe is to cover the expenses of the Sky team!

Other than that - we get sod all!!

Think it's a bit more than that Robin, we'll nevery know, but my guess is revenue is equal if not better than for a sky fixture.