Crowd V Sheffield

LOWFIELD

Anybody think this might be moved for Sky given that it's likely to be our chance to win the League Leader's Trophy?

Thought that this might happen - however announced today as Fax v Widnes game for Thurs 29th July

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Pretty sure they've got to give us more notice than that, I thought 4 weeks but we're already inside that. I reckon it will be confirmed this week, and hopefully we'll stay on Sunday as I'm on (a carefully positioned)holiday that week and not back till Saturday.

Two weeks is all you get (not four) mores the pitty

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

In my opinion weve pushed the club all season to try and get folk to come to the games, weve done all we can now, its beginning to feel like we are flogging a dead horse, you mention it, and people say 'yeah i might come' and never show up for whatever reason

Look at the wire game, we pushed, took a big following, how many of those turn up week in week out who went to that game?

Its now come to a point when we should be concentrating on a recruitment drive for next season for me

Im all for a big crowd but if they want to come they will come, no matter what we say or do

Those who think we will get 3k are living in a fantasy land, i think theres 3k worth of Fev fans, but not 3k worth of fans who will pay to go to games especially if it gets to be on sky as well

And lets not forget Sheffield will bring nobody

Weve done great this season with the crowds weve been able to get, especially away from home, even the players acknowledge that, they are surely up on last season, if we go all the way im sure they will go up next season, it happened at Barrow, surely it will happen here, thats where we should be concentrating recruitment on

Barring toulouse away ive turned up week in week out home and away and im lucky enough to have circumstances that allow that, i know people whove done the same and people who sit around me are there every week or nearly all the time, id rather celebrate a potential trophy night with these people, those whove put the money in all season and whos circumstances have allowed them to turn up most weeks and not those who are turning up because its a potential trophy night, a chance to get wrecked and have little interest to be there next game or next season

Postings that comments as highlighted in Red, does not encourage our away fans turning up....It might be in your best interest to promote the fact that your Coaches top claim to fame was when he was wearing an Eagles Shirt!!!!!!!!

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

eagletarian.gif

Postings that comments as highlighted in Red, does not encourage our away fans turning up....It might be in your best interest to promote the fact that your Coaches top claim to fame was when he was wearing an Eagles Shirt!!!!!!!!

Like the statement or not im afraid it is a FACT and is relevant to the thread. I would also argue our coach's (hes not a bus) claim to fame was in a GB shirt

Stuart. I know it may not encourage away fans but Sheffield could play fev ten times and not bring to por what fev took to brammal lane earlier this year. It's very frustrating considering the quality of team the fat one consistently puts our for the Sheffield budget on such meagre resources. I will be most surprised if we see more than 100Sheffield fans and that's being extremely generous. Sad really considering the work that goes in.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)