The Big One 2

Looks like ticket sales are going really well for this one, with Wigan having sold around 17k and Wire rumoured to have sold around 2.5k so far.

With a few days to go, there is a very good chance that this will sell out, and if not then certainly 23k.

The marketing effort has been excellent for this, and Warrington are now also promoting this game on their website. Interestingly, Wire fans are now getting the automated calls that Wigan fans often get with Richie Myler calling them.

Unfortunately I can't make it, and I'm hopefully going to watch it in 3D if I can get somewhere to show it, has anybody seen 3D RL yet, I know they do it in Oz for games.

As for the game, I am a little worried. Wigan are very good at home, they have the best attack, and our defence is slightly off at the moment, but here's hoping to a big effort and a great game for what should be a huge crowd, both live and for Sky.

i'm not sure we'll have the same numbers that we took to sts. i also don't think we'll win, which is unusual for me! i just don't think we can stop them scoring less than 18 points which is what we'll need to do to get anything out of the game.

foxes or poor people?

i'm not sure we'll have the same numbers that we took to sts. i also don't think we'll win, which is unusual for me! i just don't think we can stop them scoring less than 18 points which is what we'll need to do to get anything out of the game.

Stop whining for once, and get your ###### down to Wigan.

I'm buying the beers.

No, the Saints game had th added attraction of being potentially the last game at KR. We have got the Semi final and Catalans coming up so plenty will be saving their pennies, but I would still expect us to pretty much sell out the end.

I can see a pretty high scoring one again, perhaps like the Leeds one.

OK, I'll see you in the Anvil then.

Blooming 'eck I think I might go!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

To be taken as possible G/F candidates and for their credibility as a top side, Warrington really do need to win this.

So far this season they have lost each time they have been up against Saints, Leeds and WIGAN. Consequently the Warrington side is viewed as not quite being in the category that they need to be in, in order to really be taken seriously as true title contenders.

I believe that the recent match V Leeds was one in which Warrington managed to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory, one that they had in the bag only to let go as usual when faced with equal pressure.

The attack is often good but the defensively the patterns leave a lot to be desired. Also in tight and hard games 80 minutes often seems to be too long for them.

Wigan have today announced that ticket sales have now gone through the 20k barrier.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I thought they were now saying there's less than 1'000 left for the match? What's the capacity at DW now?

If Wigan have sold 20000 and Wires have an allocation of 3500 that would be getting toward only 1000 seats left.

I thought they were now saying there's less than 1'000 left for the match? What's the capacity at DW now?

Its South Stand sold out, with East and West having about 1,000 left between them and Warrington selling whatever for the North Stand which holds about 5.5k.

Not much room for a walk up, though I think the police/safety people recommend some are always held back to avoid problems on the day when its not been declared all ticket from the start.

Edited by Padge

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Its South Stand sold out, with East and West having about 1,000 left between them and Warrington selling whatever for the North Stand which holds about 5.5k.

Not much room for a walk up, though I think the police/safety people recommend some are always held back to avoid problems on the day when its not been declared all ticket from the start.

Cheers. I've got tickets for the West stand for this one. Looking forward to it.