1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan
    • Warrington
    • Draw

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as i want Wigan to win this I cannot see past a Warrington win purely on the basis without Coley we are very light weight in the forwards. Even with Coley we would have struggled :mellow:

Expect us to lose that battle quiet early on :O

only way for Wigan to win this is to go around them we cannot go through them.

Wigan 18 Warrington 24

Going to be a tough one no doubt, and we will miss Coley. But if we can stick with Wire and put our effort into defence in the first half, who knows,. They have had a habit lately of springing a leak in the last quarter.

Heart says Wigan 22 20 B)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Wigan are playing very well. We are fast and fit. We can certainly win this. What interests me here is how Wire approach it. They could put everything into this, as I think they will have to to win, but can they then back it up at Catalans away, Saints and then Catalans again, especially now the real Catalans are reasserting themselves? Seems a risky strategy to me, as if they lose the last 2 of that sequence they could slip out of the top 2 and would be out of the Cup.

Even if Wigan lose, I think we are good enough to win 4 out of the last 5 games. If we finish top on points difference that would be just like old times.

Cant believe im gunna be workin for this one, hope its a good a game as it was at their place n hope result is same. Will be hard without Coley in pack but hopefully we can handle their pack n throw ball about a bit

" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

Wigan will miss Coley and McIlorum, both were in form. They will have Deacon, Lockers, Hansen & Mossop in to add to the strength of the squad.

Warrington just leaked six tries against Cas at home. That will worry Smith.

If Wigan can come to terms with the Wire pack then the pace and skill out wide could be the undoing of Warrington. Should Wigan concentrate on going wide then they could tire out the Wire forwards if they are being moved around the park at speed.

Wigan 28 Warrington 12.

Just reading the above - wow didnt realise how good Warrington born Coley must be.

Our defence is getting scary again. We need to play as a team for the FULL 80 minutes not just sections of it.

BUT YET AGAIN, JUST CANT WAIT FOR THE CLASH - IT WAS A SUPERB GAME OF RL AT THE H-J...HOPE FOR THE SAME PASSION ON FRIDAY (DIFF RESULT!

hope your going on friday

(your our lucky charm this year, havent you got a 100% strike rate)

yeah, that's exactly the sort of criteria to judge the outcome of the game on!

foxes or poor people?

With Warringotn being the SL bottlers I can only see a Wigan win here by at least 10

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

With Warringotn being the SL bottlers I can only see a Wigan win here by at least 10

:lol::lol::lol:

Spat tea all over desk :O

This game should be a cracker.......really dont know who to cheer on. Wigan could do us a favour & make us still have a slight shot at 2nd but do I really wanna cheer on the pies :unsure:

Mods, please can we lock this now? ;)

Can't see past Wigan tbh. Our defence has been off, if Wigan attack out wide, which they have been doing all year, then they will get three or four tries past Chris Riley.

I think we will score three or four, but I can't see us keeping Wigan to less than that at their place.

Less than 12 hours before kick off, i just can't wait for this game.

Silverwood is the ref, Wires record so far this season played 3 lost 3, Wigan, Saints and KR (all red & white)

(not a bash at the ref, just facts)

I have already said Wires can win this one.

Wires pack with Morley, Carvell, Wood IMHO will push the wigan pack backwards.

My real issue (like DaveT states :- Riley and his defence, if MM has done his homework, wigan will attack him every chance they get)

It all makes for a great game, could go either way, BUT it is time for Wires to prove they are the real deal.

Best Wishes to all Wigan fans, and here's to a great game for all players, staff and fans alike.

See you in the GF.

Less than 12 hours before kick off, i just can't wait for this game.

Silverwood is the ref, Wires record so far this season played 3 lost 3, Wigan, Saints and KR (all red & white)

(not a bash at the ref, just facts)

You certainly like your superstitions don't you? Interesting fact about Silverwood though, similar to Wigan's record with Bentham. But look at it more objectively and Wigan (H), St. Helens (A) and Hull KR (A) is a difficult list of fixtures for any team. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I have already said Wires can win this one.

I don't know who you are trying to convince - of course they can. I'd argue being 2nd in the league and having lost 4 out of 4 so far against Leeds, Saints and Wigan, that you are due a win sooner or later given a few of those defeats were extremely narrow.

Wires pack with Morley, Carvell, Wood IMHO will push the wigan pack backwards.

This is why you will win in my opinion - I cursed the weather this morning as the rain and heavy ground will make a forward dominated game more likely - we showed at Leeds that we can be stopped in those conditions.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

It was pretty wet on Good Friday. We have some excellent forwards. Our front row isn't as strong as it might be but our back rowers are fantastic.

I could see us winning but would be neither surprised or devastated if we lose. It is good we are going to have such a huge crowd. At this rate we could be the best supported club in the league.

It was pretty wet on Good Friday. We have some excellent forwards. Our front row isn't as strong as it might be but our back rowers are fantastic.

I could see us winning but would be neither surprised or devastated if we lose. It is good we are going to have such a huge crowd. At this rate we could be the best supported club in the league.

I'm being a pessimist on this one - Wigan can afford to lose, Warrington can't if they want top spot, so will be more desperate.

I'm gutted as I'm only 50/50 to make the game tonight at the present time...but some things in life are more important than RL :O

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

but some things in life are more important than RL :O

Good God don;t tell Gledhill

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

At least I have Sky+ if required, because I don't think I will find a TV in the Maternity ward.

I take it there's a junior crust-muncher due any time now? (Or are you a midwife? :unsure: )

Exciting stuff - best wishes to you and yours....