• Warrington
    • Draw

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe so, but 1st v's 2nd and you have a different game :P;):lol:

and thats not divisions :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Might upset some of your fav Widnes fans with that - oh sorry my whoops...course they're dead certs for a return to derby games for you soon :rolleyes:

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Thought I would nip in before the Wire taunts start to say that that was a very good and well deserved victory. The front row was dominant and Monaghan and Briers kicked superbly. The better side clearly won.

For Wigan, the 2 areas that we have needed to fix - controlling 7 and enforcer prop - remain the achilles heel. If the weather stays good for the next few weeks (and the play offs are early, so an Indian summer would help), we could get by with what we've got. I like the look of Farrell and Tuson, they have really come on this year. Lockers and Amos, our 2 early season stars, look like they are still coming back. We need them to get back on form. So reassuring still to be top. Not throwing myself off the pier just yet.

Warrington deserved it, theyeventually seemed to get to grip with the conditions better than Wigan. Game was a bit stop start due to all the dropped ball, but it was tense and hard and though when Warrington got in front they seemed to have control until late on it good have gone either way.

One black mark has to go once again against Briers and Mathers over the last disallowed try. The linesman flagged it, the ref chose to go to the VR to double check but Mathers and Briers showed their worst side having a real go at the linesman. Action should be taken.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just about to watch this now and I'm wanting to know if this can beat the Leeds vs Huddersfield game for excitement.

Don't expect a classic, but...

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

that wasn't unpleasant.

when we decided to actually play the game rather than try and knock wigan off the park we were good value for the win.

carvell is a liability at times.

westwood would be coveted by everyone if he didn't look like the world's most knackered axe murderer.

harrison's hit would have been infinitely more impressive if it had been on a particularly small ballboy rather than fielden.

wigan are still in transition, but will be almost unbeatable when a few antipodeans join the club.

foxes or poor people?

that wasn't unpleasant.

when we decided to actually play the game rather than try and knock wigan off the park we were good value for the win.

That's a pretty good summary sam.

Warrington deserved it, theyeventually seemed to get to grip with the conditions better than Wigan. Game was a bit stop start due to all the dropped ball, but it was tense and hard and though when Warrington got in front they seemed to have control until late on it good have gone either way.

One black mark has to go once again against Briers and Mathers over the last disallowed try. The linesman flagged it, the ref chose to go to the VR to double check but Mathers and Briers showed their worst side having a real go at the linesman. Action should be taken.

You'd better tell Wendall! :D

Enjoyed the match very much. I just wonder, though, was it a record for dropping the ball?

Some big hits went in too.

How the officials missed the forward pass is anyone's guess!

Got the result i thought we would, really surprised how often we dropped the ball, but still managed to creep in front.

not happy with a few things, but its 2pts.

On wires the bottlers.................beating Wigan doesn't answer that, we MUST beat Skints and then we may lose that title.

but for now, we have beat our rivals and breathing down their necks.

that wasn't unpleasant.

carvell is a liability at times.

westwood would be coveted by everyone if he didn't look like the world's most knackered axe murderer.

harrison's hit would have been infinitely more impressive if it had been on a particularly small ballboy rather than fielden.

wigan are still in transition, but will be almost unbeatable when a few antipodeans join the club.

:lol: brilliant

Enjoyed the game , as a neutral it was great.

Wigan could have scored more tries in 1st 20 mins & potentially could have wrapped up the game but credit to Wire who stuck in there

Now that Wire have won that game they dont need to bother beating us :ph34r:;):P

Wigan could have scored more tries in 1st 20 mins & potentially could have wrapped up the game but credit to Wire who stuck in there

Now that Wire have won that game they dont need to bother beating us :ph34r:;):P

That's the point isn't it, Wigan couldn't have scored more tries as the defence was outstanding (best I have seen this year from us).

Perhaps Wigan should have done better in the opening 20, but they didn't do much wrong. They kept the ball and tried to grind us down. I was worried after 20 with the amount of defensive work we had done and the impact it would have later on, but then Wigan started to make the same forced and unforced errors as us so it balanced out thankfully!

As for your last line, are you getting a touch worried? :P

:lol: brilliant

Enjoyed the game , as a neutral it was great.

Bring on the Skints i say :lol::lol::lol:

a week before the semi, saints normally rest the big guns, so this game will be very interesting, i can see a wire win against a very young and inexperienced team.

Got the result i thought we would, really surprised how often we dropped the ball, but still managed to creep in front.

not happy with a few things, but its 2pts.

On wires the bottlers.................beating Wigan doesn't answer that, we MUST beat Skints and then we may lose that title.

but for now, we have beat our rivals and breathing down their necks.

I think the label of bottlers can only be aimed at one team at this current time. Of wigans last three games against the big boys,

Leeds = LOST

st helens = LOST

warrington = LOST

you do the maths.

I think the label of bottlers can only be aimed at one team at this current time. Of wigans last three games against the big boys,

Leeds = LOST ...........not in the league thou.

st helens = LOST

warrington = LOST

you do the maths.

Well done, that's easy to point out....... but they aren't bottlers.

FFS! they are top of the league, have been the most consistant team all season, so what does that say about the other 13 clubs..................????

Leeds = LOST

st helens = LOST

warrington = LOST

you do the maths.

Do they publish league tables in Yorkshire?

Yes but 3owls is an illiterate buffoon.

Can't really see from my post how you can question my literacy mr brown nose but you're entitled to your opinion. The point is for "slow" lads like you that warrington were classed on this very forum as being bottlers for their inability to beat the supposed "big three". All i've done is quoted wigans last three results against the "big three". Understand now? Feel free to answer or carry on name calling like a likkle baby,it's up to you.

Can't really see from my post how you can question my literacy mr brown nose but you're entitled to your opinion. The point is for "slow" lads like you that warrington were classed on this very forum as being bottlers for their inability to beat the supposed "big three". All i've done is quoted wigans last three results against the "big three". Understand now? Feel free to answer or carry on name calling like a likkle baby,it's up to you.

No brown nosing from me mate, just try and recognise a good team when you see it.Forget about the defeat a the DW did we.That is all.

Remind me never to cross swords with a giant intellect like yours again :P

Edited by terrywebbisgod

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

That's the point isn't it, Wigan couldn't have scored more tries as the defence was outstanding (best I have seen this year from us).

you think? i thought they were poor in attack in that opening 20. it's ok using richards' height to launch the ball to, however, he was up against king who can also leap a bit which meant richards never got a clear chance, whereas if they'd have gone to the opposite wing they'd have discovered a munchkin over there!

our defence really stepped up after that, only dropping off when tomkins launched his 'pass of the century' to set up their 2nd try.

solomona was a waste of a bench spot, it wasn't a game for him, i think there was only 2 offloads made all game.

foxes or poor people?

you think? i thought they were poor in attack in that opening 20. it's ok using richards' height to launch the ball to, however, he was up against king who can also leap a bit which meant richards never got a clear chance, whereas if they'd have gone to the opposite wing they'd have discovered a munchkin over there!

our defence really stepped up after that, only dropping off when tomkins launched his 'pass of the century' to set up their 2nd try.

solomona was a waste of a bench spot, it wasn't a game for him, i think there was only 2 offloads made all game.

The amount of possession, and field position Wigan had in the first 20/25 minutes should have yielded more than eight points. Whilst I agree Wigan's attack wasn't the most fluid, weight of possession alone should have made up for that.

It was a very strange first half in that Warrington finally getting to completing their sets, coincided with Wigan starting to drop the ball, quite bizarre really.

I think you are being quite unfair to Solomona, he was brought on to effect some size from the bench, in those conditions, offloads were not really an option.

All-in-all, you can't beat a good intense of RL.

The amount of possession, and field position Wigan had in the first 20/25 minutes should have yielded more than eight points. Whilst I agree Wigan's attack wasn't the most fluid, weight of possession alone should have made up for that.

it should have done, but it didn't. i don't think they forced one goal line drop out in that period. yes, we tackled, but they weren't tackles that left our line exposed.

I think you are being quite unfair to Solomona, he was brought on to effect some size from the bench, in those conditions, offloads were not really an option.

i didn't mean he was poor, but it wasn't the kind of game he thrives in, he's 'made' for a more open/broken game where he can be devastating, tackling and getting back the 10 isn't his game.

still, who cares!

foxes or poor people?

wow - enthralling game, ridiculous amount of Wire mistakes in the first 20 minutes add in some poor discipline and it felt like it was going to be one of those nights - expectation high, performance lacking. One or two Wire players will need to question some of their actions and decisions. However, generally the defence was awesome and made Wigan look short on ideas. Some fantastic, legal, hits on both sides. Wigan's mistake rate caught up later.

Hicks on end of very well worked try, Riley so determined to catch Richards deserved a bit more luck for all that effort and what a defence splitting pass from Riley for Westwood try. Briers and those kicks for Myler caused chaos.

Game 1 of a big month out the way. I think unlikely that Wigan will lose top place but as I was reminded last night Wigan have trips to Hull and Leeds to come ... so maybe not quite over yet

Well done Wire and the massed ranks for fantastic support! Now the Wire!