Powell rules out a Rhinos return in YEP

pont rover

Just to put Daryls mind at rest, I have decided I wont be going to the Rhinos either and have ambitions of supporting my team in the Super League :D

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

Well its now pretty obvious he off as soon as the right offer comes up, instead of saying he was confident of doing a job at which ever club he chooses wouldnt he of been better off saying hes doing a pretty good job at his present club.

Come on fellas. He's ambitious, that's good. He wants to be in SL (one day). He hasn't really said much else apart from that, has he?

I just think its a little bit disrespectful to his present club, especially when we are on a title run in. But i know how journalists work and they can make articles read how THEY want them to

Edited by LOWFIELD

I suppose it depends on the context. If Zak said it, we might think 'well yeah, he's a cracking player and he could go all the way...'. Sure, it's not nice to hear, but it's life, innit? DP may have said it with real intention, but I doubt it, and Im not going to read anything at all into that comment tbh. Maybe Sluggy's doing a bit of fishing.

Come on fellas. He's ambitious, that's good. He wants to be in SL (one day). He hasn't really said much else apart from that, has he?

I wasn't having a pop at him. I'm all for people showing ambition and he'd be mad to turn down an offer from Super League. From a selfish point of view though as a supporter of Fev it would be a blow to lose him.

I wasn't having a pop at him. I'm all for people showing ambition and he'd be mad to turn down an offer from Super League. From a selfish point of view though as a supporter of Fev it would be a blow to lose him.

For sure mate.

Given that Bradford have a new coach, Catalans have made their appointment, Wakey and C*s's coaches appear to be hanging on for 12 more desperate months, and everyone else being set (not sure how safe Agar is at Hull FC) there's only the Saints job going in 2011 and I can't see DP there.

I just think its a little bit disrespectful to his present club, especially when we are on a title run in. But i know how journalists work and they can make articles read how THEY want them to

He really should have chose his words a little bit better simply by adding that he was concentrating doing the job for Fev first and foremost. However journalists are renowned for twisting statements or leaving out important paraphrases, BUT who could blame him for bettering himself down the line, He's done an excellent job at Fev and I for one will be sad if and when he decides to go.

I think people are reading into things which technically are been taken out of context and like Phil Loxton says, Darryl could have chosen his words better, or even he as been misinterpreted. All we can do is sit and wait because at the end of the day once Daryl as made any decision, if there's any to be made, im sure we we be told.

Im Fev and im proud

Blimey, I had to read that article twice. Talk about advertising your intentions (come and get me) to other SL clubs. :O:O

I agree. He might have at least said that he had a job here at the moment and that was his first priority. He didn't mention his present job as being satisfactory in any way. Hope his comments dont reflect back on team spirit.

He has taken Featherstone from less than average to a top side playing some good Rugby, he dose not need to say anything he will have been noticed.

Maybe when he says he wants to coach in Super Duper its with Fev?????????

I hope most of the squad, both playing and coaching want to do it at the highest level. That is afterall why we signed them. Do we want journeymen or ambitious folks with a point to prove.

Any player or coach who leaves for Super League I wish well. It is just wrong that they are good enough but the club is deemed not good enough. Again this is our great club being denied its rightful place by the RFL.. that is not the coaches or players fault.

Our angst should be with the RFL, not the coach or the journo who has chosen to pick specific quotes from what I am sure was a much longer interview. It was after all a Leeds article and not a Featherstone one.

The game needs Promotion and Relegation at all levels

Anything I post is a personal opinion

I hope most of the squad, both playing and coaching want to do it at the highest level. That is afterall why we signed them. Do we want journeymen or ambitious folks with a point to prove.

Any player or coach who leaves for Super League I wish well. It is just wrong that they are good enough but the club is deemed not good enough. Again this is our great club being denied its rightful place by the RFL.. that is not the coaches or players fault.

Our angst should be with the RFL, not the coach or the journo who has chosen to pick specific quotes from what I am sure was a much longer interview. It was after all a Leeds article and not a Featherstone one.

The game needs Promotion and Relegation at all levels

Weird that just as ypu point out the players and coach are good enough to get recognised. The club sits happily ten points clear at the top but somehow taken as the whole package WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH...Get rid of the tennis elbow and replace the hierarchy with knowledgable rugby league blokes.