movie maker

did u edit my text because im gettin worried beacause i cant remember typing sum of that lol

Did YOU edit my text because I AM GETTING worried because I cannot remember typing SOME of that LOL.?

I did not because you were wrong I just felt that spelling Come and Some ( only 1 letter more) is just lazy and although I can easily accept spelling mistakes, shortening words is txt speak, which is not allowed. There are a few of us over 40 and 50 and 60 who follow this forum and have yet to learn how to speak txt. It may be the future but at least we try to keep standards, I realise many of you are young and adventurous, but remember we old ones were here first :D:lol:

Edited by Bob Fowler

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Did YOU edit my text because I AM GETTING worried because I cannot remember typing SOME of that LOL.?

I did not because you were wrong I just felt that spelling Come and Some ( only 1 letter more) is just lazy and although I can easily accept spelling mistakes, shortening words is txt speak, which is not allowed. There are a few of us over 40 and 50 and 60 who follow this forum and have yet to learn how to speak txt. It may be the future but at least we try to keep standards, I realise many of you are young and adventurous, but remember we old ones were here first :D:lol:

In his defence I allways use my moblie n it's much easier

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

sorry Bob but i think you're taking the moderation process a little too seriously, it is not for you to accept any way of spelling whatsoever or for that matter , spelling mistakes. All it states in the forum rules is that text speak should not be used

And as for shortening of words and being lazy, where does this leave us in the case of words like wouldn't, couldn't, you're etc ? or becuase "some" of us are old enough to remember where the apostrophe goes makes it ok ( or should that be okay ?)

Maybe, because some mods don't like the use of txt speak.

Matt, im quite suprised that you have come out with that statement, as you are a Moderator on this forum you should know it's against the rules to use text speak.

Im Fev and im proud

why when there has not been a game for a while does every thread end up like this? There must be a spelling and grammar forum somewhere for people that are so passionate about it.

Matt, im quite suprised that you have come out with that statement, as you are a Moderator on this forum you should know it's against the rules to use text speak.

Comment removed, i dont make the rules, just try to abide by them.

Once again a thread spoilt by some posters inane name calling and abusive comments

Edited by Maureen T-k

sorry Bob but i think you're taking the moderation process a little too seriously, it is not for you to accept any way of spelling whatsoever or for that matter , spelling mistakes. All it states in the forum rules is that text speak should not be used

And as for shortening of words and being lazy, where does this leave us in the case of words like wouldn't, couldn't, you're etc ? or becuase "some" of us are old enough to remember where the apostrophe goes makes it ok ( or should that be okay ?)

we all use fev as shortened word and this doesnt seem too get edited / removed , we live in a so called diverse societyand should accept all postings in the manner they are intended-its seems to be ageist thing to me but i may be wrong -encourage debates is the idea of forums-if you dont understand a word just ask the poster its meaning -its not difficult-we will then learn to be more tolerant towards each other.

thats all im saying

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

I can sense a movie coming out of this thread, cast someone like Keanu Reeves the free spirit in an alternative universe trying to free the young people's minds from the control of the aliens whilst being chased and reigned in by the bad moderators played by Maureen and Bob themselves. :D (Movie mentioned so technically I'm still on topic....I think)

This is getting out of hand. suggesting that moderators as bad is definitely not on.

Regretably, and after discusssion with another moderator this thread is locked.

Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.